Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alchemy

Yelekiah

The name Osiris (Asar in Egyptian) is connected with fire, as is Asari in Babylonia; Aesar in old Etruscan means a god, derived possibly from the Asura of the Vedas, a modified form of which is Is'war or Iswara of the Bhagavad-Gita. In his universal aspect of destroying fire necessary to regeneration, Osiris is the "Lord of Terror," and in Chapter XVII of the Book of the Dead he is "the devourer of all slaughtered things," just as Krishna in the eleventh Gita is "Time matured, come hither for the destruction of these creatures."

Is this related to the Asir of the Lithuanians that was later adopted by the Swedes and Goths (Nordic). The Lithuanians were the "Samaritans" and are of Iranian origin.

This stuff is fascinating :tu:

Lapi'che

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Turtle

• Shekinah

Sun symbols often involve the wheel, disk, or circle, sometimes with radiating rays.

To me the sun represents a Higher Consciousness, while the moon represents the subconscious.

His tail is in his head (that is, he holdeth his tail in his mouth, in order that he may form a circle, since he is said to encompass holiness).
...Here is the origin of the well-known symbol of a serpent holding his tail in his mouth, like a circle--the serpent of Saturn.

This servant of God in the Book of Concealed Mystery, sounds like the Ouroboros, the snake or dragon that devours its own tail. Also the symbol of a fountain.

Yod at the end of the Tetragrammaton denotes the synthesis, the [b]circular[/b] movement by which the end returns to the beginning. In the secret qabalistical alphabet known as the "celestial alphabet," Yod is represented by three circles at the angles of an equilateral triangle with the apex uppermost. Malkuth, the tenth Sephira, of course receives the influx of all the other Sephiroth (see Table showing the reception and transmission of the Sephiroth in the four worlds.

-SPRA DTzNIOVThA

(SIPHRA DTZENIOUTHA);

OR,

THE BOOK OF CONCEALED MYSTERY.

Things within the universe tend to move in cycles, spirals. Energy, for example, moves in spirals.

"'Alpha and Omega, the eternal beginning and the eternal end, the first and last. Unground without time and space. Chaos. Mirror eye of eternity.' (Freher)

"The unground leads itself in a spiral into a will, and this splits into the two spheres of love and wrath. D.A. Freher, Paradoxa Emblemata, manuscript 18th century."

Here is God's ancient name within a single triangle, surrounded by a spiral (Freher's artwork)

user posted image

In most traditions, the Sun is considered a masculine way of being. However, to the Teutonic, Japanese, Oceanic, Maori, and Cherokee cultures the Sun is feminine.

When you read myths, you may also begin to notice that the Sun god or goddess is often paired with another god, whether Moon, Earth, or Storm. The Greek Sun god Apollo has a twin sister, Artemis, the Moon goddess. In our story of Amaterasu, sun is paired with storm. In these pairings, the rational intellect must be balanced by the irrational emotions; the light of understanding and action with the power, passion, and latent creativity of the unconscious mind. We are more whole when both "gods" are taken into account.

The sun is femine in all Macro-Siouian (Siouian/ Iroquois) beliefs. The Yuchi and Natchez called themselves "The Children of the Sun" and address the sun as "Mother". She is paired with the moon who is masculine. The Uto-Aztecian (Pawne, Comanche, Hopi, Shoshone etc.) see the sun as Masculine though. It symbol is the Swaztika or the eagle.

Most native beliefs pair the two entities but do not worship them as these tribes did.

It symbol is the Swaztika or the eagle.

I've heard of this before. That's perhaps why in some cultures the sun is a symbol for an eagle later on. I've heard the symbol being called "Black Sun" or "joy".

Master of all arts and sciences, perfect in all crafts, Ruler of the Three Worlds, Scribe of the Gods, and Keeper of the Books of Life, Thoth Hermes Trismegistus the Three Times Greatest, the "First Intelligencer" was regarded by the ancient Egyptians as the embodiment of the Universal Mind. While in all probability there actually existed a great sage and educator by the name of Hermes, it is impossible to extricate the historical man from the mass of legendary accounts which attempt to identify him with the Cosmic Principle of Thought.

High magic is also known as hermetic magic because it is bsed on the hermetic arts and sciences. These are so named because they are derived from the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, the many-named genius of magic who mediates between the macrocosm and the microcosm, heaven and earth, the divine and the individual. The Great Work is nothing less than the achievement of godhood - union with the divine - using the three pillars of alchemy, magic and astrology to do so.

The Ancient Egyptians knew Hermes as Thoth or Tehuti, the divine personification of wisdom. Portrayed as the ibis-headed scribe of the gods, he was the inventor of heiroglyphics and the pastron of the sacred sciences of geometry, mathematics, astronomy, medicine, magic and alchemy. Thoth exists at every level of being. He serves the gods, but he also preceded them. Indeed, he brought them into being, for he is the self-creating Arch-Magician. He has but to name a thing and it springs into life. He is the cosmic alchemist, the inner and outer teacher, the balancing point between all polarities.

[attachmentid=21755]

The greeks identified Thoth with Hermes the Divine Messenger (Mercury) who mediates between heaven above and earth below. He is the ambivalent god of the crossroads, being both guide and trickster (like the Raven) and patron of both merchants and thieves.

As above, so below.

user posted image

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

Thoth or Tehuti, the divine personification of wisdom.

Also Djehuti in Egyptian.

"Long time dwelt I in the land of Khem (Yelekiah's note: Khem is Egypt. It means "to be black". Also where alchemy is stemmed from. The Egyptians called themselves Khemetic)...

Builded I the Great Pyramid patterned after the pyramid of Earth Force..."-Emerald Tablets

It was mentioned earlier that there are different types of alchemy. The Great Work (self, soul), and the Lesser Work that deals with metals. However, in its highest aspect, the great Work has to do with spiritual regeneration, and teaches how a god may be made out of a human being. It also teaches how to establish the development of the divine powers within man. In other words, to turn your soul into gold, imo. Gold that will never rust.

Edited by Yelekiah

Things within the universe tend to move in cycles, spirals. Energy, for example, moves in spirals.

The Lakota concept is "skan taku skan skan" or "circulation". All things move in a spiral and return to their origin. The "Big bang- expansion- big collapse" of our universe. A symbol found in every culture. Animals in the woods even wander in expanding and contracting circles.

Lapi'che

All things move in a spiral and return to their origin. The "Big bang- expansion- big collapse" of our universe.

I really like that idea. In older alchemical manuscripts, they believed that the universe split itself and began to move in opposing spirals, trying to get back to its original point.

I also heard of a Stephen Hawking theory that the Big bang did happen within a collapsed universe, and it all just moves in cycles.

Edited by Yelekiah

It comes back to the symbolism of the phoenix, circles (ourobous), the reincarnation myths of the gods, the moon's cycles, etc.

The universe, above, could well be represented below. Suns and their solar systems are like atoms with their electrons spiralling around the nucleus.

ATOM:

user posted image

SOLAR SYSTEM:

user posted image

However, in its highest aspect, the great Work has to do with spiritual regeneration, and teaches how a god may be made out of a human being. It also teaches how to establish the development of the divine powers within man. In other words, to turn your soul into gold, imo. Gold that will never rust.

Universal consciousness. Everthing is interconnected and you can "tap" into that connectivness. "Knowing everthing". "The Great Spirit is the "Universe", therefore you do not worship him, you acknowledge him, because you are a part of him". To tap into that eternity. It can be acheived I think.

Lapi'che

I agree with you Piney, since we are all a part of the universe. You tap into it and you will experience synchs and many coincidences, in my opinion.

I really like that idea. In older alchemical manuscripts, they believed that the universe split itself and began to move in opposing spirals, trying to get back to its original point.

I also heard of a Stephen Hawking theory that the Big bang did happen within a collapsed universe, and it all just moves in cycles.

It is actually Lakota "theology". A cycle that has been happening forever and will continue to happen for eternity.

Lapi'che

The Death card does not mean physical death. Rather, it portrays symbolic death - a change or transformation. Often, it heralds the end of a familiar or more comfortable mode. It conveys a release which is necessary for growth and expansion. Perhaps it even brings a whole new set of principles which will guide you spiritually, emotionally, psychologically or financially. Joseph Campbell, author of A Hero with A Thousand Faces, describes times of personal change as periods when "The familiar life horizon has been outgrown; the old concepts, ideals, and emotional patterns no longer fit; the time for the passing of a threshold is at hand." The sunrise depicted in the background of the Death card holds the promise of the transformation which is about to take place: the death of the old self, but also the dawning of a new day. The Death card is a cue that you are at a "threshold"-a crossing into a new phase, unbounded by the past.

[attachmentid=21756]

It is actually Lakota "theology". A cycle that has been happening forever and will continue to happen for eternity.

Lapi'che

Wow, that's really interesting. :yes:

I have to look into that more.

Saturn is the Guardian of the Threshold between material and spiritual worlds.

Saturn is Capricorn in the zodiac, its metal is lead. Incidentally, it too like Mercury, has a deeper meaning. If I'm not mistaken, Saturn was emasculated, and when his testicles were thrown into the sea, it gave way to the Birth of Venus.

user posted image

Notice how she came from the water, like a lot of the Creation myths. Including the Enuma Elish written in cuneiform.

Universal consciousness. Everthing is interconnected and you can "tap" into that connectivness. "Knowing everthing". "The Great Spirit is the "Universe", therefore you do not worship him, you acknowledge him, because you are a part of him". To tap into that eternity. It can be acheived I think.

Lapi'che

Tapping into the universe is being at one with the divine. Once you see that, the reincarnation has already taken place. The 'little death' of the old world views has happened and you see that the universe is a magical and wondrous working mechanism, totally divine and interconnected.

I agree with you Piney, since we are all a part of the universe. You tap into it and you will experience synchs and many coincidences, in my opinion.

I make interconnectives by thinking this way. But since the English language is so "scattered" and "cobbled" together it is hard to think like this in English. My Philosophical thinking is all done in Lakota (my stepfather's language) or Lenape. I have to work these concepts out in English. That is why I get so peeved at those "Psuedo medicine men". There are concepts in Native American Languages that are unexplainable in English, so how do they understand our Religion or Philosophy if they cannot speak our language?

Lapi'che

Tapping into the universe is being at one with the divine.

Personally, I think we *are* divine, but we just have to realize it, and of course tap into it.

how do they understand our Religion or Philosophy if they cannot speak our language?

Unless the philosophy is universal it would be very difficult to understand, imo.

Which reminded me of something someone said in the intro to the Emerald Tablets, about how the highest forms of knowldege and wisdom were unutterable. You have to understand it on a completely different level.

Edited by Yelekiah

Tapping into the universe is being at one with the divine. Once you see that, the reincarnation has already taken place. The 'little death' of the old world views has happened and you see that the universe is a magical and wondrous working mechanism, totally divine and interconnected.

and seeing all your past lives stretching back is mind blowing. Then you can determine the younger spirits from the older ones. I am thinking in one language and posting in another so forgive my delayed response.

Lapi'che

and seeing all your past lives stretching back is mind blowing.

I have to agree with this.

For me, I think that's why I learn certain languages easier than others, because I may have had a past life where I spoke this specific language.

The same goes for interests as well.

Yes I would have to agree with both of you too. I can recall many of my past lives also, and I think that we build on our knowledge life-by-life until we can truly recognise our world and universe as divine and interconnected.

Seeing signs in nature, and having it 'talk' to you is known as the "green language". It is the language of birds. I can see these things also. :D

Personally, I think we *are* divine, but we just have to realize it, and of course tap into it.

You tap into it "piecemeal" a little at a time. Then you start to see the "skan" (interconnectives) start clicking together whether it be math, history, philosophy, lifestyle. Everthing everywhere starts to "click" in place no matter what it is. Things that happen begin to make sense. "Understanding" happens. You read things or see things and begin to see the "cause and effect". Bear with me. I have to use words that "don't quite fit" in my thinking process. The Alchemy that you two are talking about is overcomplicated. It needs to be brought back to it's "simplicity".

Lapi'che

Yes I would have to agree with both of you too. I can recall many of my past lives also, and I think that we build on our knowledge life-by-life until we can truly recognise our world and universe as divine and interconnected.

Seeing signs in nature, and having it 'talk' to you is known as the "green language". It is the language of birds. I can see these things also. :D

The Aborigines "dreamtalk" or "animal talk" as Yel said unutterable. Just grasping and understanding it. It is far bigger than spoken words. A language of spirit that also includes sight and smell along with hearing. But a language of spirit too.

Lapi'che

I think this may be related to the auspices. Birds were seen and considered a prediction for an auspicious occasion.

user posted image

user posted image

A Hydra, form the pictures above, is from Geek mythos. Also a constellation. Hercules tried to kill the Hydra. When you cut off one of it's heads, it grows another, essentially a parallel to a strong "ego". Or strength after hardships. The Hydra also appears in the Book of Concealed Mystery as the Leviathon (mentioned in the Book of Job).

The Aborigines "dreamtalk" or "animal talk" as Yel said unutterable. Just grasping and understanding it. It is far bigger than spoken words. A language of spirit that also includes sight and smell along with hearing. But a language of spirit too.

Lapi'che

Wow Piney of course. Actually this is what brought this alchemical knowledge to me in the first place. I would see things then find out later what they meant. That is why I think it is called the Occult, because it is hidden in nature.

Recognising the divine within ourselves is possibly the most difficult hurdles to encounter. But I think it has to do with the 4 elements, represented by fire, water, air, earth and ether (5). I think that each parts of our personalities are represented by these elements, and accepting these within ourselves helps us to recognise the god/goddess aspects of ourselves.