Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

favorite artists?

snuffypuffer

Here's a question for all the artsy types on here. Who are some of your favorite artists? Here are a few of mine, in no particular order.

marc chagall

robert Desnos, a surrealist poet.

Charles Schultz

Salvador Dali

there's more....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starlyte

• Pious Augustus

• Bright Eyes

• Phantom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gustav Klimt

Another good one! Who doesn't love "The Kiss"?!?! original.gif

Kandinsky and Frazetta rawk. Ohh, and what about Paul Gauguin and Mary Cassatt? Henri Toulousse Latrec. Yeah, I can keep going. Man Ray and Marcel Duchamp, the whole Dada movement rocked hard core.

I don't have meny .. hmm!!

Mattie Stepanek

His is young but his poems are so nice .. they really touch my heart ..

here is a website which has an interview of him with Oprah .. original.gif

Link

No links, but I thought I'd join in anyway with a few of mine...

Painters.

El Greco

Miro

Lucien Freud

Stanley Spencer

Poets.

Tony Harrison

John Betjemen

John Milton

Coleridge

Authors

Kurt Vonnegut

Milan Kundera

Thomas Mann

Geoffery Chaucer

Some of my favorites are Alex Ross, Greg and Tim Hildebrandt, Arthur Hughes, and Yoshitaka Amano.

Others were already mentioned:

Frank Frazetta

Amy Brown

John William Waterhouse

Edmund Blair Leighton

Music:

Dave Gahan (DM)

Films:

Jim Carrey (Sooo funny)

Robert De Niro

And the best actor of all times Sean Connery

Can´t think of anyone else right now...tired as H***

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto the guy who drew and created neon genesis evangelion all hail notworthy.gif

painters;

vincent van ghog

paul ganguin

georges seurat

singers;

cat stevens

john denver

steven tyler (aerosmith)

poets;

robert greaves

robert frost

writers;

g.b.shaw

ann michaels

ayn rand

charles dickens

dontgetit.gif -runaway train

• 2 months later...
Moved this oldie to the all new and improved "Writer's and Artist's Hangout".

M. C. Escher did the picture that was featured in 'Labyrinth' and was part of the castle in Goblin City. I've wanted a copy of that print for ages.

My favourite artist is definitely Brian Froud, he has such a vivid imagination and pays fine attention to every little detail. He always has such a lot going on in his large compositions, he creates an entire different world.

I love Franz Marc, as his favourite subject was animals, and he cared so much for them. I loved his use of surreal colours. I was so upset to find out he was killed in combat in World War II.

My favourite artist is definitely Brian Froud, he has such a vivid imagination and pays fine attention to every little detail. He always has such a lot going on in his large compositions, he creates an entire different world.

Froud is amazing! I only have his Good Fairies/bad Fairies book but i wish I own more of his stuff.

Other artists I like are Edward Gorey and Tim Burton...

Other artists I like are Edward Gorey and Tim Burton...

I agree with you, Pious, about Tim Burton - Nightmare Before Xmas is one of my favourite movies and I have the book which shows all his original drawings and the set and character designs. My dream would have been to have worked on that film!

I love the works of the romantic Victorian painters, my favourite being Edmund Blair Leighton.

My favourite work of his, is The Accolade.

post-68-1068756954.jpg

I agree with you, Pious, about Tim Burton - Nightmare Before Xmas is one of my favourite movies and I have the book which shows all his original drawings and the set and character designs. My dream would have been to have worked on that film!

Yeah, my friend bought me the book (the published poem really) and I think its such a brilliant childrens book with its lavish design and illustrations. I am a fan of the film as well. In fact, right now I'm wearing one of my many NMBC t shirts

Yeah, my friend bought me the book (the published poem really) and I think its such a brilliant childrens book with its lavish design and illustrations. I am a fan of the film as well. In fact, right now I'm wearing one of my many NMBC t shirts

I've been obsessed by the film even before it came out - the imagination of Tim Burton is like no other, he creates pure magic! And every time I watch it I just admire those many artists who worked on it more and more. I have the original poem too, and this other book I have is more of the making of the film from the start of production to the end.

Wish I could walk through the forest and find the doors! What I like about his artwork is the way he uses loads of lines to create patterns.

I have the book Good/Bad faeries, and would like to collect all Froud's other books too. I have his faery oracle. Labyrinth is one of my favourite films, which is based on his artwork too. His son was Toby and what a cutie!