Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Your X-Mas Tree Says About You?

__Kratos__

WHETHER you like a traditional Norwegian pine or the latest hot black artificial tree, the kind of Christmas tree you chose apparently says a lot about you.

Obviously it helps if it matches your home. A daring jet black number might look great in a modern loft apartment but a real tree looks best in an old country cottage.

Psychologist Jenny Summerfield, a life coach and associate fellow of the British Psychological Society, said: Like anything we choose for our home, the Christmas tree is a way of making a statement and reveals a lot about you as a person.

Most of us just dig out the same old tree from the loft every year. But if youve treated yourself to a new one this year, read on to find out what your tree says about you and which celebs share your taste.

Black: for trendies

...THINK POSH & BECKS

THIS tree will be owned by a very style-conscious person, or perhaps they're a secret 'Goth'. They will be a strong individualist and probably not someone who is overwhelmed by the Christmas spirit, as the tree is a bit joyless.

This person is more concerned with appearances than having a good time. Creating the right impression is more important than letting their hair down.

There is a uniform look to the tree with its very simple two- tone scheme of silver and mauve, which suggests someone with a very tidy mind. A person who decorates their tree in this precise way probably has a very tidy home too, with everything colour co- ordinated.

The person who owns this tree wants to make an impact. So while the tree looks like an unconventional choice, the owner is not rebellious enough not to care what others think. Image is everything to them.

White: for divas

...THINK ELTON & DAVID

IF you are lucky enough to be invited to this person's house you will find yourself in the midst of a no holds barred, glitzy, glamorous Christmas.

The owner of this tree is not likely to be understated in anything they do. They are likely to be highly enthusiastic about Christmas and a real extrovert.

There will be all the Christmas trimmings and plenty of them because this person is extravagant and generous. No doubt the owner of this tree also has a flamboyant dress sense and likes to be the life and soul of any party.

They really like to dress up and have fun at Christmas which, for them, is about parties and celebrating.

This is certainly a sit up and notice me tree, which is probably how its owner feels as well.

Trad: for families

...THINK TONY & CHERIE

THIS tree is likely to be owned by a conventional, traditional person hoping for an old-fashioned Christmas.

They are romantic and family orientated and have bought into the whole Christmas experience.

With its reindeers and gingerbread men decorations, the tree is reminiscent of times past and would belong to a nostalgic person to whom home and family, childhood and traditional values are very important.

The angel on the top is straight out of the Waltons. The owner of this tree either has a large family and wants generations sitting round the tree together, or is nostalgic for childhood.

This person is more concerned with the true meaning of Christmas than any commercial or material aspect.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought it would be fun to see what other's trees are like. :)

Our tree right now is the last one, with the past, and traditional. Past from all the ornaments I have from each year of my life, my parents give my sis and I each one a year and my grandma did as well. So I have 19 years worth stacked up. :P

I'm not goth but that black x-mas tree sounds pretty wicked. :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Beckys_Mom

• star_child

• Welsh Shaun

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved into a new home in September, so we decided that rather than pull out the old artificial one we would buy a real one. We also through out all the old decorations and start from fresh. It is the best looking traditional tree we have ever had. :)

Our tree is artificial, its quite nice with little pine cones on it. The decorations are all gold and red, and all matching :P Strangely enough, we chose a red star for the top.

I have a 6ft4 tree decorated with white & gold (dull gold) no tinsle it takes the look off it...but I am going to take a pic of it to show you guys :D

i have a 2 ft plastic tree we bought from woolworths because my livingroom is too small. its nice tho

I've got an 8 foot Douglas Fir.....blue, green and purple lights...tinsel.....blue & green ornaments....and the traditional baby's first Christmas, etc....on up, for my kids....we also have our own with our names painted on them....the colors are muted and very calming... :yes: It's beautiful. :tu:

You must have high ceilings

My family does not keep Christmas. I have no Christmas tree. I am sad, I like Christmas :cry:

At my aunty's farm we hike around the property (over 500 acres of it), looking for the perfect tree to cut down and carry back home. I wish I was at my aunty's this year.

Regards, PA

2 foot artificial prelit christmas tree... $20 from target... assorted ornaments... comforting, but a little crooked... all I could find was a normal size star and it's so big it makes the tree bend!!