Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Horrifying' US Secret Weapon Used In Iraq?

Saru

A nightmarish US super weapon reportedly was employed by American ground forces during chaotic street fighting in Baghdad. The secret tank-mounted weapon was witnessed in all its frightening power by Majid al-Ghazali, a seasoned Iraqi infantryman who described the device and its gruesome effects as unlike anything he had ever encountered in his lengthy military service. The disturbing revelation is yet another piece of cinematic evidence brought back from postwar Iraq by intrepid filmmaker Patrick Dillon.

In the film, al-Ghazali, whose english is less than fluent, describes the weapon as reminiscent of a flame thrower, only immensely more powerful. It is unclear what principle the weapon is based on. Searching for a description, al-Ghazali said it appeared to be shooting concentrated lightning bolts rather than just ordinary flames. Drawing on his many years as a professional engineer, al-Ghazali speculates that radiation of some kind probably figures into the weapon's hideous capabilities. Like all men in Saddam's Iraq, al-Ghazali was compelled to serve in the Iraqi equivalent of the Army National Guard and fought in three wars over the past thirty-odd years. Via email, he told me he has seen virtually every type of conventional weapon employed in battle, and is well acquainted with their effects on people and machines, but nothing in his extensive combat experience prepared him for the shock of what he saw in Baghdad on April 12th.

Source: Rense

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Uranium_235

• Cufflink

seems a bit like overkill, eh? where is the source of this news? i don't know if i trust this article one bit. i mean, why mount some super atomic flame thrower gadget on a tank? what purpose would that have? maybe just for melting buses and creating atrocities that would shock the world. ya, that's the kind of thing we want. disgust.gif

not to mention we send this uber weapon to the front lines where it could be captured and used against us.

I read this article a while ago on rense.com

I usually visit that site a lot throughout the day, but I must admit that most of the articles available on it seem a little outlandish at times. It entertains me though.

I have to laugh at that darn picture too.

user posted image

Would not surprise me if the US army uses the war to test new weapons.

Great opportunity to test them in "action"

Has been done before.

lightning and fire? melted cars and soldiers?, maybe some kind of microwave weapon (hence the radiation and lightning) or a plasma based weapon (fire?)

yes, we wanted to find a bus full of people to turn into little burned corpses. maybe some women and children would be even better! we could make little cookie sized corpses.

you Europeans astound me sometimes. so insulting. its like Americans are nothing more than wannabe nazis to you all. we are just itching to commit atrocities and you have to check up on us to keep us in line. hell, we do it all the time! disgust.gif

I don´t dislike Americans...

Americans are Paranoid sometimes maybe but not evil.

And US army does test new weapons at war....then if it misses it´s target it is a different story.

Lots and lots of wonderful things comes from USA and I don´t know what the world would look like if USA didn´t exist..

I glad that Saddam and Usama didn´t/don´t have that kind of firepower at their hands.

But still I don´t agree with everything that the US gov does...no reason to loose your temper over that. Hell I don´t agree fully with any gov.

There are good and bad people in every single country in the world.

lose my temper? how would you feel if i dug some crap up about Sweden doing some horrible thing to civilians and then agreed that it might be true? paranoid? well damn right im paranoid. im paranoid that there are actually a lot of Europeans who would believe this without hesitation because they think we are capable of this type of thing. i don't care if i was in the army and my superior officer told me to fry a bus full of people with our special weapon, i would tell him to go to hell and get his superior on the phone. any reasonable American soldier would do the same thing, im certain of it. we don't go around frying buses filled with civilians, regardless of whatever psycho propaganda you people read.

Thats not true....There is lots of people over here that support Americans (In Sweden anyway) And most seem tired of the terror acts in Iraq and Israel too....Many of those who criticizesed Americans heavy is now quiet when the UN was blown up. And they understand the situation better.

And we all know, if we think about it, that we don´t want to know what would have happened if Saddam still was running that country.

But I understand where you are coming from.

At the same time you too only have medias reports from which to build an opinion of the europeans, and what they/we think about USA and the war.

( and then maybe a few nutcases on the net )

Must goto sleep now..it´s 15 past midnight over here.

Nice talking to you Bizarro original.gif

Dude bizarro, all governments test weapons at battle, but in any conflict theres going to be civilian casualties, i doubt anyone was ordered to fire on a bus, maybe the man was lieing,but its a story none the less, and it still has to be proven to be true, just take it with a pinch of salt dude, and i'm sorry if any of my comments offend you.

im sorry. im totally appalled. take it with a pinch of salt? maybe the man is lying? this story is total nonsense. all it is doing is playing on fears of American militarism, that some people will eat up.

tell me, what purpose would destroying a bus full of civilians have for testing this weapon? none of those targets listed were military targets at all. couldn't we test our weapon back here in the good ole USA on our own buses or mock towns (or heaven forbid animals)? why risk word of such a dastardly act getting out? oh, we rushed bulldozers in to cover our tracks(that ought to foil anyone looking for proof!) we would be war criminals if word of this horror got out. that would go against everything we stand for and also hinder us building this into an international effort (which we try to do more everyday). did you notice that the Iraqi who told this story is going to visit the US? we must have paid him off to shut up disgust.gif

Well.... rense.com's disclaimer proves their stories aren't always accurate

"The materials comprising the Rense.com news service (the "Website") are provided by Rense.com as a service to its readers on an "as-is, as-available" basis for informational purposes only. Rense.com assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. Rense.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. Further, Rense.com cannot edit, control, review for truth or accuracy, or screen for defamation or obscenity any content provided to the Website by a third party through postings, uploaded files, or any other form of communication, nor can the Rense.com ensure prompt removal of defamatory, obscene, inappropriate or unlawful content after transmission."

I don't think anyone really knows what goes on within governements except those who run it. But i won't believe anything myself based solely on something someone somewhere said... To many some's original.gif

I take the probabilities into factor and take out the improbabilities.... and that's what most likely happened. thumbsup.gif

Not worth getting worked up over though .... huh.gif

Every nation did things wrong.. the Dutch liked to trade slaves and we did some massacres in the past when we where at the top of our power.

The probabaly are testing weapons in this war, but I doubt they used it on a bus with civilians. But accidents happen, they did shoot that cameraman last week, didn't they.. But those are the things that can happen in a war.

Odin

I'll be the first to admit that the US has done some things wrong before. But this whole Iraq thing gives me bad feelings. Not the kind you'd think Either.

I personally think the UN and countries such as france have hid the wmd's for Saddam during the initial investigation and allowed false intellegence to the Wars supporters.

Given we had been pressing teh UN hard since 9-11 i think they have tired of us and are trying to Discredit the US and UK (as seen by PM Blairs unfortuante resignation).

I may not always trust my gov. but I have learned never to trust thr UN.

This story is true!!

I've seen an article on this subject in a poplar science magazine.

It's a huge dish with very large tubes, commanded by 3 soldiers.

It shoots out an invisible high intensity heat ray, which burns people as far as 1 mile away.

Wendy

any chance you could post the full article for all to see or at least the interesting parts?

Bizarro

yes, we wanted to find a bus full of people to turn into little burned corpses. maybe some women and children would be even better! we could make little cookie sized corpses.

you Europeans astound me sometimes. so insulting. its like Americans are nothing more than wannabe nazis to you all. we are just itching to commit atrocities and you have to check up on us to keep us in line. hell, we do it all the time! 

dude settle down, no one was commenting on americans in general, learn to make fun of your self sometimes...

anyway, about the story, i aswell find it hard to believe, you arent just going to bring out some hightech weapon where it could easly be captured, and if it was some sort of high energy radiation weapon, would it not pose a threat to allied forces?

It shoots out an invisible high intensity heat ray, which burns people as far as 1 mile away.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, are you sure you're talking about the same thing here. I'm not sure how a weapon can shoot out "invisible high intensity heat rays" and be described as a flame-thrower type device belting out bolts of lightning. blink.gif

I suspect the witness has let his understandable panic, and the ever-present fog of war cloud his judgement. If the US army had a new super weapon, they'd more than likely show it off to the press, as usual.

No? Remember all the `sexy' hardware we are always shown before every campaign?

And stop the Yank bashing. Very student politics, very cliched liberal, very tiresome. sleeping.gif

you want to know the funny thing, Odin? i can interact with you without always putting something about the Dutch being slaverunners somewhere in my post... or how i dislike your idiotic Dutch leader. laugh.gif

wouldn't it be nice if you could do the same grin2.gif

Blair didn't resign, his cheif advisor did...

You shouldn't believe this story, it's probably just some anti-American propaganda - to get the masses against them.

One thing also: YOU try being the country that the UN calls on when something goes wrong in one of a gazillion countries then have something like 9-11 happen, and try NOT to punch the lights out of some imbicile who says we deserved it.

Yeah we're the UN police force and when we try to defend OUR country everyone is against us. Real intellegent guys, real intellegent.

The phrase I want to use would get me kicked of so I'll use this one to all of the US bashers.....[edited out]

Edit:

PSO, don't do this, please. Thank you.

Edited by Phantom