Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Horrifying' US Secret Weapon Used In Iraq?

Saru

lighting gun, huh? Horrifiy as it sounds, hopful it does not fall into the wrong hands...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Uranium_235

• Cufflink

Bizarro,

You need to calm down a bit. Americans have worse opinions than that about Canada and France because they would not participate in the war. Remember 'Freedom Fries' and 'Freedom Bacon'?

Countries disagree with one another occasionally. Besides, people were not saying that this weird weapon was definitly real and Americans were brutalizing Iraqi citizens for fun. They were just pointing out that historically new weapons have been used in a war to test them.

There is no reason for you to get angry over this. Nobody is calling you evil or neo-nazis. If we can't say anything that is even slightly not in the favor of the US, what is the point? Can't we talk?

In conclusion, can we please stop arguing like this? Let's keep the forum clean, free of offensive comments, and try not to get unjustly defensive when nothing really offensive has been said.

hey well, maybe they were testing thier tank-like-weapon,the US is just so advance in thier tech.it's like almost every year they'll come up with something more advance!!

it's not i'm saying that the US only comes out with war associated stuff but they're just one great and modern nation,i'm really astonished by them.hope they wipe out those crazy terrorists clean!!

calm down? im perfectly calm. im not allowed to get worked up over a blatantly false article such as this?

Americans have worse opinions than that about Canada and France because they would not participate in the war. Remember 'Freedom Fries' and 'Freedom Bacon'?

yep. mighty useless comment. very broad and generalizing and not at all relevant to the topic at hand.

Besides, people were not saying that this weird weapon was definitly real and Americans were brutalizing Iraqi citizens for fun.

um, that is exactly what the article said. that is why i got so worked up in the first place.

There is no reason for you to get angry over this. Nobody is calling you evil or neo-nazis. If we can't say anything that is even slightly not in the favor of the US, what is the point? Can't we talk?

well, no, no one said we were neo nazis. i was just using that as an effective argument tool. you have no business talking about things that might insult me on this board though. i don't go around insulting anyone's country. ive learned my lesson earlier and i think it should be that way for people insulting my country as well. it just has no business on this board. we should be polite to each other.

In conclusion, can we please stop arguing like this? Let's keep the forum clean, free of offensive comments, and try not to get unjustly defensive when nothing really offensive has been said.

what is wrong with arguing? there were no offensive comments made here. UNJUSTLY DEFENSIVE? in your opinion, maybe. please don't tell me nothing 'really' offensive has been said because i know when im offended, thank you very much disgust.gif

Americans have worse opinions than that about Canada and France because they would not participate in the war. Remember 'Freedom Fries' and 'Freedom Bacon'?

yep. mighty useless comment. very broad and generalizing and not at all relevant to the topic at hand.

that an easy way of avoid talking about your countries ignorance towards the opinions of others

well, no, no one said we were neo nazis. i was just using that as an effective argument tool. you have no business talking about things that might insult me on this board though. i don't go around insulting anyone's country. ive learned my lesson earlier and i think it should be that way for people insulting my country as well. it just has no business on this board. we should be polite to each other.

what is wrong with arguing? there were no offensive comments made here. UNJUSTLY DEFENSIVE? in your opinion, maybe. please don't tell me nothing 'really' offensive has been said because i know when im offended, thank you very much

you seem to contradict your self, its called a debate

i was offended by the original article, not what people said.

that an easy way of avoid talking about your countries ignorance towards the opinions of others

bite your tongue please. this is my point. its oh so fashionable to believe Americans would fry innocent civilians and also that we are ignorant of other's opinions. that is a mighty broad and ignorant statement of your own- indicting an entire country grin2.gif

Yes Bizzaro good one. I too am offended by this article And I hope 90% of you bashing us remember if it wasn't for us you'd all be goosestepping and eating sauerkraut.

People forget the sacrifices made by the Americans to free Europe.

American, British and Canadian graves in France were vandalized during the first few days of the second gulf campaign. mad.gif

Expressions such as remove your dead from our soil, were daubed around the cemetary.

I know the vast majority of Continental Europeans wouldn't condone that.

But the morons who carried out those sick attacks forget that those in the ground helped give them the freedom to express themselves, in the first place.

Yes Bizzaro good one. I too am offended by this article And I hope 90% of you bashing us remember if it wasn't for us you'd all be goosestepping and eating sauerkraut.

you american think you were the major contributor to the victory of WWII, quite the contrary, canada had the largest navy in the atlantic, the most trained pilots etc.. dont forget the help of australia, britain, russia, and not to mention you guys came in rather late, oh but i forgot the usa is the most important country in the world, if it werent for you guys the world would be in a mess, and all those who dont follow the will of them are wrong or against them. this next comment might be a little off topic but your government is trying to ruin the economy of canada, you guys are putting higher taxes on imported wheat (how about the free trade you guys speak off?), you totally messed up our cattle industry over one freaken cow, and guys ****ed up our softwood lumber trade, your lucky we keep taking this kind of sh** because we trade around $1 000 000 000 a day between our borders and if we shut off all trade our economy would not be the only one affected, and you would have alot more of those black outs. i know not all of you are bad, i have a few american friends, but come on.....

People forget the sacrifices made by the Americans to free Europe.

American, British and Canadian graves in France were vandalized during the first few days of the second gulf campaign. 

Expressions such as remove your dead from our soil, were daubed around the cemetary.

I know the vast majority of Continental Europeans wouldn't condone that.

But the morons who carried out those sick attacks forget that those in the ground helped give them the freedom to express themselves, in the first place.

i too have heard about that, i think it was some perons a memeber of some middle eastern group, i too think that is sick

i think those Canadian history books are screwing with your mind. as i recall, Britain had its back against the wall and the super Canadian Navy was not able to protect the convoys of food that were being sunk everyday in the Atlantic. i don't think anyone is degrading the fact that Canadians (amongst others) died valiantly in WWII, but like it or not we were the turning point in the war. had we not come when we did, it is very likely that Britain would have fallen- even already having the support of the mighty Canadians. the people were starving and the situation was very dire. i think the true heroes of that moment in history were the British pilots who kept the Germans at bay long enough for us to get supplies and men to help.

i know not all of you are bad, i have a few american friends, but come on.....

what a moron...

Hey uranium I couldn't make out your post for all the sixth grade typing errors could ya do me a favor and tell me what it was all "aboot?" devil.gif

Hmm, i cant imagine the US testing a super-weapon in baghdad.

The Iraq war was under far too much media scrutiny - i dont know about in the US, but here in the UK our journalists were all over baghdad like flies. And let me tell you the guardian would have printed somthing like that!

A friend of mine works at a very high level for one of the major papers over here - unfortunatly one of the corporate owned ones. They do have stuff that the government asks them not to print from time to time, but the guardian group are the most likely to ignore these things. My friend tells me about quite a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes and he would have told me about any reports of anything like this, he is more interested in the truth than his job.

Although im not defending America in general here - while the majority of the american people are incredibly kind hearted, the fact that the Government is so intertwined with major corporations (particularly in the energy & basic infrastructure feilds) can be incredibly damaging to the world. The whole 'free market' thing is a joke.

And let me tell you the guardian would have printed somthing like that!

Damn right it would.

The Guardian, despite their smug, self-important hand-wringing liberal views, are just as morally corrupt as the tabloids.

And any chance to cause trouble for the governments of the UK or USA would be gratefully taken. disgust.gif

The Guardian, despite their smug, self-important hand-wringing liberal views, are just as morally corrupt as the tabloids.

And any chance to cause trouble for the governments of the UK or USA would be gratefully taken. 

Personally I love the Guardian and it's smug, self-important hand-wringing liberal views. And in my opinion, causing trouble for the government is the whole point of a free press.

Personally I love the Guardian and it's smug, self-important hand-wringing liberal views.

I wonder why that is? wink2.gif

Possibly because I'm a smug, self-important hand-wringing liberal.

I tell you this, Cufflink, I'd rather be that, than the kind of person who says 'any chance to cause trouble for the governments of the UK or USA would be gratefully taken. disgust.gif ', as if causing trouble for the government was some sort of disgrace we should all be outraged about.

exactly, it climbs well and truly up its own **** quite regualry but ***** it... Its the closest thing to a "free press" in the british mainstream

I tell you this, Cufflink, I'd rather be that, than the kind of person who says 'any chance to cause trouble for the governments of the UK or USA would be gratefully taken. disgust.gif ', as if causing trouble for the government was some sort of disgrace we should all be outraged about.

Catching out ours or the USA governments when they're in the wrong is what the free press SHOULD be about.

And fair play to the Guardian when they do that.

But having a dig at authority just for the sake of it is totally sad.

I blame parents for telling their kids to turn down the stereo. Some never quite get over it.

And boy is the Guardian up it's own **** a lot.

funny, i thought the purpose of the press was truth seeking as a part of reporting. the press shouldn't be politicized, although it always is.

when a story is lacking in facts, i don't think it should be reported by a credible news source. this article is an example of why. any decent news organization would have people checking sources and fact checking behind these type of claims. you want some facts... find me a case of US servicemen raping Iraqi women, or better yet pillaging Iraqi homes. there are none. not a single one. i bet there are some news organizations just chomping at the bit in Iraq right now wanting us to abuse our authority so they can expose us for political gains. the fact that there are no cases of this type of thing shows exactly why the original article of this thread is a total joke. we just wouldn't do that type of thing and if we did it would surely be on the front page of papers around the world.

Once again Bizarro you are correct. Also remember we are on the eve of the two year anniversary of 9/11. One of the most painful moments in our lives. I watched something last night about the attacks and I still cried as hard as I did that day.

That is why this story enrages me so.

but I know we will overcome such things....

One last note: In memory of the 9/11 lost and those who have died protecting our nation form another attack.

God bless them all.

the fact that there are no cases of this type of thing shows exactly why the original article of this thread is a total joke.  we just wouldn't do that type of thing and if we did it would surely be on the front page of papers around the world.

Exactly.

And if US/UK forces did, we'd have Al Jazerah (and their sister channel, the BBC...only kidding) broadcasting it loud and proud.

Some people are so US-phobic that they actually want it to be true.

It takes all kinds to make a world, I suppose. disgust.gif

Hey uranium I couldn't make out your post for all the sixth grade typing errors could ya do me a favor and tell me what it was all "aboot?" 

why dont you stop pointing out trivial errors in my spelling, im 14 not a scholar, is that all you can do, ignore the truth in my post? Why not point out errors in the things explained in the post? And you are one to talk about spelling errors, your government probably spent more money on the presidents birthday then they did on education tongue.gif

even already having the support of the mighty Canadians

cut the sarcasm.....your blatant ignorance for canada and other countries disgusts me. This may seem "wierd" but some countries like to spend more money on education and dont think that building a strong military to enforce democracey and carry out ones imperialistic tendencies is relivent

what a moron...

and your a brainwashed american that cant question your own government or your own countries morals

funny, i thought the purpose of the press was truth seeking as a part of reporting. the press shouldn't be politicized, although it always is.

when a story is lacking in facts, i don't think it should be reported by a credible news source. this article is an example of why. any decent news organization would have people checking sources and fact checking behind these type of claims. you want some facts... find me a case of US servicemen raping Iraqi women, or better yet pillaging Iraqi homes. there are none. not a single one. i bet there are some news organizations just chomping at the bit in Iraq right now wanting us to abuse our authority so they can expose us for political gains. the fact that there are no cases of this type of thing shows exactly why the original article of this thread is a total joke. we just wouldn't do that type of thing and if we did it would surely be on the front page of papers around the world.

vietnam ring a bell?