Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Akuma

dragonlady_mothman

AKUMA

The Akuma is regarded by the Japanese as an extraordinarily evil creature. Also referred to as Toori Akuma, or Ma, this bizarre animal is said to have a huge, flaming head, complete with eyes that burn like red-hot coals.

The Akuma is reputed to be able to fly through the air brandishing its sword. Legend has it that the Akuma is a harbinger of ominous fortune and that merely laying eyes on the creature can bring bad luck.

Although this being is probably the sole product of Japans vast pantheon of mythical creatures, there have been some who have suggested that the legends may be based a genuine, fire-based creature, not entirely unlike the Chilean CHERUFE.

source

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonlady_mothman

• Nessieman23

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

lol

let him be! I loved his scorpios post and I'm very interested with anything regarding japanese culture, so I liked this thread too

lol

let him be! I loved his scorpios post and I'm very interested with anything regarding japanese culture, so I liked this thread too

dragonlady_mothman

DLM is female, for future reference. :tu:

Edited by angrycrustacean

Eddie is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!Oops!Um,Akuma is in america monsters!I looove that site!

Eddie is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!Oops!Um,Akuma is in america monsters!I looove that site!

for future reference don't go off topic evn though u did go back at the end of the post plz we want this theard to stay open to evryone so don't ruin it

anyway do you have any pics of the akuma i would like to see this monster

Akuma, a real-life Pokemon!

hint: akuma was original name of one pokemon.......changed his name to charizard.

Akuma, a real-life Pokemon!

hint: akuma was original name of one pokemon.......changed his name to charizard.

man, you rjust the pokemon expert, aint cha???

I am gonna use Akuma in my series of short stories entitled "The Adventures Of Ness & Phral" Also,my book,The Quest of King Stewie McGumGum is comin out in 10-15 years!!!!

The only pictures I can find are of a redhead I assume is this street fighter person you guys speak of. (Never been much for fighting games)

Hey dragonlady whats up? kinda interesting when you get to thinking about something like that, but i would like to hear more about it, no offense but it doesnt seem like something like that would be possible...

AKUMA: Demons with flaming heads, fiery eyes and swords.

If you see one pretend that you haven't. The less you know the better.

Entry last modified on 22 July 2005

VITAL STATISTIX

Area or people:

Category : Demon

Pronunciation : Coming soon

Alternative names : None known

Attributes : Coming soon

Mystic number : 428 (a)

source

<_< My, that was helpful!

Akuma (悪魔) is a Japanese term. It may stand for:

The Japanese word akuma, which can mean:

1 Personification of evil and darkness; demon or Satan in Christianity and Judaism.

2. A god that blocks one's path to nirvana; Mara in Buddhism.

3. A very wicked person.

Akuma is a video game character in the Street Fighter series of fighting games.

Akuma is a hardcore punk band hailing from Quebec.

source

That's about all I can find...everything else is all Street Fighter...