Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran

QuantumE

Iran  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think their will be a conflict with Iran soon?

• Yes
    • No
    • As long as it dosent effect me, I dont care.

With all the apalling news lately about Iran's leader; The nuclear weapons program, the holocaust remark, Israel being wiped off the map, the banning of western music, and the hatred for america by him etc. Do you think their's a possibility of a conflict or war between the US, Israel and Iran. Give your thoughts on why you think their could be or could not be. I have a feeling there could be something coming up. :hmm:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bone_Collector

• aquatus1

• Stellar

• PadawanOsswe

Without a doubt yes, but I would hope that the rest of the region would step in first and try to handle it...I'd also like to see serious UN sanctions for a while to see if it can scare some sense into the wackjobs running the country...

I think we should just make Iran one big f'n glass bowl with nukes. It'd be best for the world. :tu:

No, there are too many good people that are just trying to get by. The problem is with the leadership, not the average joe on the street.

Sanctions would make life difficult for the average person, but it would have more serious effects for the leadership that is busy spending money trying to build their military to the hilt.

Stop the flow of oil out, and the weapons coming in, and that would change things rather quickly. The biggest and only thing iran has going for it is their oil; take that card out of the deck and they will be in very bad shape.

I do want to see the leadership ousted, I do not want to kill innocent people with nukes to do it; there are much simpler ways.

Iran doesn't deserve it?

The leadership, yes; the citizens, no. The do not have control of their own country and should not be killed for their leaderships insanity.

collateral damage?

What about their ways on going up on times? They still willing stone women for cheating! How wrong is that?! Why are they refusing to come into the modern world? If they refuse, they are the problem. Just like anybody else.

I see what you are saying, but it is not our job to drag them into the 21'st century, and all the bombs in the world isn't going to make that point. Unless you are talking about the goal of genocide, killing millions of people generally doesn't help matters much.

It isn't as if we could nuke iran and the glowing survivors would step out of their rubble and say "hey, I see their point, let's skip religous ceremonies and go buy a couple of soy lattes and watch the game on my new big screen...my Lexus is parked on the street...Oh wait, my cell phone..."

That kind of change has to happen from within the culture in my opinion, and it is very slow to happen. Consider the racism still rampant in this country after so many generations. It is getting better, but still a long way away from being civilized.

What would be ironic, and even poetic, even though it'd be unfortunate, is if Iran's nuclear reactor blew.

hopefully we can remove the threat by early 2006, or at least begin removing the threat by then. I'm not a war-monger or anything. its just that I can not see Iran giving up anytime soon.

What makes the developed countries, especially US, think they can dictate terms to other countries and tell them what they can do and what they can't? How would US like it if some other country tries to interfere in its internal affairs? I mean, doesn't US acquire and develop loads of WMD? Why is it that some people want us to believe that when US does it, it is done for their defence and when some other country does it, it does to attack another country? Surely people from Iran too fear invasion by US(going by all the indications), and US too has a LOT of WMD, now, this should give Iran too a right to invade US, shouldn't it?

If you provoke or challenge a country, what other kind of response can you expect? Any country will look to defend itself and that isn't wrong. Observe who is the first to attack, it was US which first attacked Iraq(and they didn't even find any WMDs), and it is US again which is looking to attack and invade Iran first. Invading to defend itself? No. Invading for oil? Yes. Yeah, some people think the president of Iran is a moron but something similar, a majority of this world thinks about Mr. Bush too.

Btw, I voted Yes in the poll.

Edited by Bone_Collector

I agree with Bone-Collector. People from the US should try and find out other means of information than just CNN Fox etc as the propaganda set in a while now. How can you agree to war when it's known how wrong the Iraq war was/is? (No weapons have been found remember - which was the reason they went in). Just because someone thinks in a different way doesn't mean they should be murdered and with tons of innocent people. This is why the US is getting such a bad image else where in the world. They are not the police of the world they just happpen to be the most powerful (at the moment) and they are abusing that power because they want to keep hold of that title (by taking Iran's oil). My opinion is that the US are really very worried about China.

No, there are too many good people that are just trying to get by. The problem is with the leadership, not the average joe on the street.

Sanctions would make life difficult for the average person, but it would have more serious effects for the leadership that is busy spending money trying to build their military to the hilt.

Stop the flow of oil out, and the weapons coming in, and that would change things rather quickly. The biggest and only thing iran has going for it is their oil; take that card out of the deck and they will be in very bad shape.

I do want to see the leadership ousted, I do not want to kill innocent people with nukes to do it; there are much simpler ways.

And freeze all their oversea assets and property!! Also take out their nuclear Plant and all military bases.

:devil:

Ideally, the arab world has realized something that many other parts of the world already knew: America doesn't bluff. Based on that, they could quite safely say that they have at least a decade before the lumbering giant feels the need to move again, but at the same time, they have to remember that the last country that p***ed off America not only got invaded, but also got the country next to them invaded too. With that in mind, the Arab nation could well step in and remove Iran's leader themselves.

What makes the developed countries, especially US, think they can dictate terms to other countries and tell them what they can do and what they can't?

The US isnt dictating terms, the world is.

Why is it that some people want us to believe that when US does it, it is done for their defence and when some other country does it, it does to attack another country?

Well, when theres a country saying it will bring death to another country...then you tend to make connections...

Surely people from Iran too fear invasion by US(going by all the indications), and US too has a LOT of WMD, now, this should give Iran too a right to invade US, shouldn't it?

Nope.

Observe who is the first to attack, it was US which first attacked Iraq(and they didn't even find any WMDs), and it is US again which is looking to attack and invade Iran first.

Would you propose waiting attacking Iran second? That would just end up in a big nuclear mess if they're getting nukes.

Invading for oil? Yes.

Iran for oil? Hell, I think if thats the reason for Iran, less countries would be saying he's getting nukes... and I think the invasion would have already been done by now.

I voted yes, who will be in conflict with them I dont know. They seem to want to show the rest of the world how superior and how powerful they can be, and without Western influences.

Part of the problem with Iran that I have got, is that it is technically run by two leaders, The first the president (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) who is in charge of political decisions and economic policies then the Supreme leader (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei) who is in charge of the Islamic Church the army and their foreign policies.

You also then have two seperate armies. The regular army defends the country and maintains order, while the Revolutionary Guard protects the Islamic revolution and its achievements.

How can you run a country like this?

I think we should just make Iran one big f'n glass bowl with nukes. It'd be best for the world. :tu:

How would you feel if a freakin bomb was dropped right on your head and killed all your friends, family pretty much everything what you ever cared for. Not good ey? Next time use your brains to spell the words not your mounth.

I think US should listen to all the hoity toitys for once and let them handle it their "diplomatic" way. Give these intellectuals their chance at diplomacy as far as it'll take them till they get up to our borders. Then it'll be undeniable self defense.

But, I wouldn't stand in the way of Israel, and if they got into it I'd want to back them up.

If a bomb landed on me and my loved ones I'd feel dead, the end, game over, peace. And the living will keep on. And time doesn't stop, tick tock don't have to worry about Iraq!

I don't get it, all of you guys are cheer leaders for war and your own government's ideas but does it really effect you? Maybe it will if your governments decide to head into war and blow up each other. War allows the worst type of people to rise to and gain more power. How could anybody want war? War in any form for any cause is not good. Maybe for those few people looking to profit from a war but that is not you and me and the common person in the world just wanting to live his life how he wants.

I was friends with many different arabs in college. They were all from the middle east. They were all great guys and probably some of the nicest foreigners I have ever met. I can only assume the average arab is the same. That doesn't speak for those governing the middle eastern countries. The same goes for the USA. I don't represent my government and what it does and my government doesn't represent how most Americans are. But sadly the masses will fall right behind their government and cheer it on.

I am me, I dont think the majority of us are condoning a war, we are just saying that the way Iran is conducting itself at the moment, it seems likely they are going to start a war with someone.

After reading a lot of the posts here and in other threads, it seems the majority want somebody to go blow up Iran or kill the leader of Iran. I was just stating that war is always the worst option.

America isnt going to attack iran for oil But cos Iran has plans to make a nuclear institute america doesnt want to take the risk of iran developing nuclear weapons using the technology.

But i bet you any money America will be stealing OIL while they are invading Iran

I find it a little simplistic to seperate people who would accept a war as 'cheerleaders' and those who oppose it as worried about the common man.

I am a veteran of two wars, and I have both been in and sent men into combat. I lived in Saudi Arabia for several years when I was a child, and consider myself fairly well-rounded in my knowledge of the average arab mentality. I have no love of war, but I also have no illusions that the leadership of Iran will suddenly do a reversal of what it has been doing for the past three thousand years. The big difference is now they are playing on a global stage, where a Jihad will have implication beyond the limited scope of two desert tribes. If the president of Iran cannot conduct himself in a manner that does not cause other countries concern of irrational action (and no, the U.S. going to war was not irrational, simply wrong), then the president should expect to be treated as a dangerous element.

You'll notice that the Iranian advisors are starting to crowd him out of the light a bit. They understand, that the rest of the world will not stand for the traditional saber-rattling that has defined tribal warfare.

After reading a lot of the posts here and in other threads, it seems the majority want somebody to go blow up Iran or kill the leader of Iran. I was just stating that war is always the worst option.

Unfortunately, sometimes war is the only option.