Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God intervenes or delights himself?

QueryAnalyzer

This is an issue that I've asked myself many times. I will state my inquiry.

Many people say "God will provide", meaning that they are waiting for an intervention from God to give them food or money or whatever. Ok, my point is that this kind of attitude in life just leads to chaos, to become a parasite of society, feeding on the people that are really working something out in the world.

Then, there are the other kind of people. The ones I really admire. The ones that work until exhaustion, and then Thank god for the day they've had. That's excellent. They know God will provide only if they work their asses off. Missionaries also are just great. Giving their lives to help others, without even earning a a penny.

I really think the first kind of people I mention just hurt religion in ways they can't imagine. But unfortunatedely they are the ones that people hear the most. They are the ones that go preaching about God to everyone and it's kind of sick, because they dont do sh!t for nobody.

So I just hope people understand God delights himself watching its children work their lives out. This world urgently needs people of this kind.

And for all the Christians, remember the discipleship of Jesus was first to go out and give his example, even when people just laugh at him, and then talk about God...I really hope Christian could be this way, not the hypocrites most of them are...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranoid Android

• Unorthodox Thesis

• pbarosso

• dan-o

Many people say "God will provide", meaning that they are waiting for an intervention from God to give them food or money or whatever.

Not necessarily, they may pray for it as they are trying to earn a living.

Ok, my point is that this kind of attitude in life just leads to chaos, to become a parasite of society, feeding on the people that are really working something out in the world.

Without the parasites, there would be no hosts, and a lack of missionaries you claim are "great".

ones that work until exhaustion

What's the point of working until exhaustion? That's not necessary. However, your relationship with God (non-physical) I thought would hold more admiration. Just a thought.

Giving their lives to help others, without even earning a a penny.

In the back of some of their minds, I'm sure they're thinking they are earning a way to heaven. And missionary work is getting them "points". Especially to those that believe in karma. If you give, then you will receive.

So I just hope people understand God delights himself watching its children work their lives out.

How do you know this?

The funny thing is, the New Testament is filled with examples of the disciples earning their way, plying their trade to earn a living, despite the fact that the early churches could have, and were willing to support them.

Many ignore this though.

Regards, PA

why dont you ask god?

• 2 weeks later...

Proverbs 3:1-2 "My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands;

For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you."

John 15:10-12 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

According to the Bible, if we keep God's commands, then He will bless us. The only thing unconditional, is His love. However, he will not involve Himself into your personal affairs of life, if you do not involve Him into your personal affairs. He will bless you and provide for you whatever you need if He is in your life.

Proverbs 25:21 "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;"

God, however, has set up a guideline, by which His blessings will be initiated by us. If we love everyone as much as we love ourselves, then everyone should get enough to eat.

^_^

God helps those who help themselves

God will not come to the aid of those who refuse to try; we must exert ourselves if we want to succeed.

:tu:

My fiance is a debt collector and he has actually had debtors tell him that they don't have to pay their bill because 'God will provide."

Just another way to NOT take personal responsibility for yourself.

^^ :w00t:

If GOd would have provided, they wouldn't have needed the loan/credit card in the first place :yes:

God helps those who help themselves

God will not come to the aid of those who refuse to try; we must exert ourselves if we want to succeed.

:tu:

God helps those who help themselves, who do not play God.

Edited by PFlack