Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albinos on Hicks Road, San Jose, California

I am

I just googled svedal too, and only returned sveadal, its in santa clara county and I saw two tennis courts and a pool like someone said earlier...

Edited by blaznasn

Oh my... this post is so silly. Albinos are regular people who just have different skin and hair, they aren't freaks. They don't live in little Albino settlements and attack people in packs like some kind of retarded, evil mutants.

I knew one when I was younger, he was like powder. He had no color to his skin and very blue eyes, he was a very nice kid.

This post wasn't to say all albinos are evil. It's just to discuss the secret communities that just happen to be full of albinos.

This post wasn't to say all albinos are evil. It's just to discuss the secret communities that just happen to be full of albinos.

There are none, that is just silly.

Yep, I lived in SJ too, for a too-long time. Electronics engineer, even.

House was on Meridian, Almaden Valley. Not far from Almaden-Quicksilver County Park. Used to bicycle up there, on the trails, before it was closed to bikes. Then I used it as a running track, many miles of trails, difficult as anyone wants. Used the bike on the paved roads, including Hicks.

Saw lots of weird stuff. Quicksilver was, at the time, a good place to go for druggies, or whosoever wished to get away from the public eye, that includes the wild piggies and deer that ran around there. But in all my roamings I never saw a village of albinoes; probably wouldn't have given a damn anyway. As stated, there were lots of weird things around Silicon Valley: it sort of goes with the territory. Any time there is such a massive accumulation of highly intelligent and highly educated people, the norms do change. That type of people doesn't do ordinary things.

Once had a drag race down 101 (on my scooter) with a sports car, well above a hundred (middle of the night, very little traffic). Turned out it was an individual associated with a certain computer company, his net worth over $700 million. We were headed to the same coffee shop.

Yep. It's weird there. People paste themselves against the sides of the road up by Alice's restaurant. Millionaire's buy clothes at Goodwill, then go buy a $10,000 dining table. Some of us lived in $500,000 houses, and had ancient beat up 4WDs sitting out front for everyone to see.

Doesn't mean we're redneck knifebearing axe murderers (although I will say I've been tempted), or even if there is a "colony", they're any different than anyone else in Silicon Valley. They're just different than most of the other people in the country. 'Course, you could say that about grits, too.

• 2 weeks later...

i live in san jose and have been up hicks hundreds of times and i'll tell you non-belivers that its real. i dont think they are "albinoes" per se but there is something up there that no one can give a full explainion about, me and my friends have heard blood-curdling screams and SEEN things that looked too much like a group of rather short people on foot and moving i the tree branches, plus abunch of other 2nd hand sightings/stories, afew parents of friends as well have told me their experinces

i am a full beliver and would like to know if anyone fancys a visit with me

Edited by Daddy Mike

Albinos are kinda creepy.

:rolleyes: I dated an albino and there's nothing creepy about it. She was intelligent and beautiful. Creepy were also said for people dressed as a goth, or people who has tattoos all over the place, or Donald Trump's hair.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• 3 weeks later...
So I live in California, and I've heard of an 'Albino Colony' in San Jose on Hicks Road. And I was just wondering if anyone else has seen, or heard about them.

Someone I know says their car got swarmed by a bunch of them, but I don't want to base a belief on one person who could easily be full of sh**. Especially since he was trying to impress a girl. :rolleyes:

I would give you guys some links, or more info if I could, but I just couldn't find any sites with useful information.

Here's the best I found: http://streetracing.tiora.net/boards/printthread.php?t=66124

Just look at it and you'll relize it sucks... :wacko:

iv lived in san jose for 10 years. never seen an albino. herd about them when i first moved here, but never again. where they are said to be is waaay up in the hills out here. san jose is a huge f-ing city, you never know.

well... i have a friend whos albino but.. they live in perth

does that count? :P

I looked up Albinos on Hicks Road and found this: http://sanjoseinside.com/sji/blog/entries/..._albino_menace/

Sounds similar to some of these 'stories' people are posting about. And then I found this site: http://www.sanjose.com/underbelly/unbelly/...alum/alum1.html about Alum Park. Sounds like stuff for around a campfire at ghost story telling time.

If they seem mean, it's probably cuz they just want to be left alone like someone else said. Who wants car fulls of drunken teenagers coming into your town all the time to stir up trouble?!?! Especially if they are carrying guns too - sheesh. What a combination - drunken teens and guns - just what EVERY town wants!!!

I remember a movie about some guy who was the 'villian' and he was an albino. Just because someone is different doesn't mean they are evil! What a buch of hogwash. And all that graffiti someone found, ever stop to think it was some OTHER drunken teens who did it as a prank? Where is the proof that it was actually made by 'evil abinos'. I can't believe I wasted my time reading this whole thread - but then I was bore at work, so what the h***...

So I live in California, and I've heard of an 'Albino Colony' in San Jose on Hicks Road. And I was just wondering if anyone else has seen, or heard about them.

Someone I know says their car got swarmed by a bunch of them, but I don't want to base a belief on one person who could easily be full of sh**. Especially since he was trying to impress a girl. :rolleyes:

I would give you guys some links, or more info if I could, but I just couldn't find any sites with useful information.

Here's the best I found: http://streetracing.tiora.net/boards/printthread.php?t=66124

Just look at it and you'll relize it sucks... :wacko:

You mean, like. albino people? Are you joking? They are just people who happen to have an abnormality. Just like us. Its probably a family.

What's a matter Saturnalia bigfoot to scary for you to hunt, so you feel you have to go harass some poor people with a skin condition who just want to be left alone.

Exactly. Leave the people alone!

First off guy, I am not going to gawk at them. i don't know where get your source that I am going to gawk at them. I was just curious as to where is this location was as I used to work in San Jose. My main reasoning to visiting Ca is to see my family and friends. I was really taking my camera for the Lake Tahoe footage to prove that there are no monsters. If it bothers you that people take trips to visit the paranormal than you are in the wrong forum.

Tone cop the point is that albinism isn't paranormal. It a skin disorder, they are no different than you or me. But the old abandonded village aspect is very interesting, and I hope you go get picture of that ! I would love to go see a lost village in the woods. Once while hiking we found a camping site, with camper and a little bridge and yard decorations and stone walkway, all in the middle of the woods. It apeared that someone was living there on a regular basis, it was well kept, but no one was there at the time. On the same hike, some ways away from there we found the remains of a house basement. There were no roads around it or drive way or anything, just the foot paths. It was pretty cool.

Hey, Fellow San Josen,

Wow, I remember back in my high school days ( a long time ago :D ) me and a group of friends actually drove up there, to try and find these albino's, I heard it was a true story. It was scarry, all I remember is seeing a lot of tree's and weeds, we hung out there for quite a while, but everyone was too chicken to get out the car :no:

I can't believe I'm hearing about this after all this time B)

Is anyone else as puzzled as me about why there's a topic about albino's on an unexplained mysteries forum?

Could be a "The Hills Have Eyes" Scenario...or maybe a Deliverance type thing. Don't ask me.. I live in a valley and you will never catch me in the deep mtns where people rarely go. Where I live there are stories of people who live that hick/inbred type life that feed ppl to pigs... GROSS! No thank you, I don't trust people who are inbred. Scares me to death.

• 1 month later...

My friends and I just had an encounter with an albino near hicks road the other day. We drove hicks road but where the albinos actually are arent really on hicks road. There is a fork in the road with a reservoir right in front of it. Going left just completes the loop. But we were stupid enough to go right. This road is called alamitos road. We saw signs that said private road. We saw little cabins on the left. We got a bit farther down the road. The road was getting tighter and tighter and we saw a house on the left. It almost looked like there was a moat around it with a little walkway lit up with those little white christmas lights. The house just looked wierd and there was tons of crap in front of it. We drove up just a bit further and noticed 2 big old suvs on the side of the road. The glass was broken out of them and at that point we decided to turn around. After we made our uturn we saw a flashlight down the road by the house that we passed. At this point I knew we were in trouble. We drove down a bit more to try to just drive by calmly but the light was in the middle of the road. We just stopped and stared at as we now knew what the figure was. It was a woman, fairly young, she was wearing jeans and a wifebeater. I remember her skin being very pale but I dont remember much other than that because I was too distracted by the rifle or shotgun in her hand. She wasnt pointing it at us but she had it right with her. She just stood there in the road staring at us. I was screaming to my friend who was driving to just run her over. Run her over I thought she was going to shoot us right then. She just stared for a minute, and stepped off the road and said get out and dont come back. We drove off quietely with no problems. we were all just glad that we got out alive. I dont plan on going back. Our friend was stupid enough to flag down a cop on the way back. He told them what happened which could have gotten us into trouble since it is a private road. I just played dum and nothing happened. Anyways Hicks Road is not the true place but the fork in the road with the sign called alamitos road. That is where things realy happen and that is why Ill never go back. I learned my lesson and am still a bit shaken over the whole situation. My friend claims he is going back but I will post if he does.

Albino or not...you were trespassing on thier private property. Why would you be surprised they had a gun? I'd do the same thing.

Being Albino has got nothing to do with any of this....

Albino or not...you were trespassing on thier private property. Why would you be surprised they had a gun? I'd do the same thing.

Being Albino has got nothing to do with any of this....

I understand but everyone that lives up there on that private road is albino, not that it makes it right for me to go up there, I was wrong in doing so and I dont plan on going back but I thought id contribute my experience anyway.

Howdy

I am new hear but i saw this and figured i would try and post to clear some things up as best i can. Let me start by saying hello I'm Jim. I grew up in San Jose as did most of my friends from whom i originally heard this story. I have lived in the Berryessa and Silver Creek regions of San Jose, while most of my friends lived in the Blossom hill area. I have had a long interest in the suburban legends of San Jose and this one in particular.

I have actually talked about this years ago on the ghoststudy message board, but can't find that post; so i will do my best to be clear. Also let me start by saying no i do not believe Albino's are evil or satan worhippers. They just have a lack of pigment. I honestly believe this whole thing is a misunderstanding of the word Albigensian; a gnostic sect which was accused of satan worship in the 1200's. Here is a link if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathar

Ok on to the Albinos. The first time i here of a family of Satan Worshipping Albinos was not in reference to Hicks road; but rather Marsh road in Milpitas. Which is famous as the body dump site for the rivers edge killing. Here is a link if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_edge . The story was relayed by an older kid who was attempting to scare me. Basically he described the bridge under which the body was hidden and then went on to say if you wrote someone's name on the bridge, albino's whom lived in a house beyond the bridge would kill that person. This is oddly ingenius as it rolls up real events with something out of the texas chain saw massacre. How the albinos tracked people down without peoplefinder and mapquest i dont know.

The enclave of Albinos in Alum Rock Park has already been touched upon. I feel the "underbelly" link's probably provide better information than I can. Over the years i have heard a few people mention Albinos in Alum Rock Park. None have been able to provide specific info. It is my personal opinion that Hicks Road is the real mccoy when it comes to suburban legends. Here is a link if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum_Rock_Park

I will get to Hick's road soon but in another posting. I would like to go through some of the stories and address points. It is not my intention contradict anyone, but rather to clarify facts.

Posting again soon

Travelnjones

p.s. your right this isnt a cryptid discussion is there a local flavor section this could be moved to?

Howdy again

Ok i have read most of the of the posts and think i have a handle on it. To start hicks road is in south san jose, in the Almaden valley section of town. I have driven this road hundreds of times over the years and taken several people with me. Basically i have heard the same as all of you enclave of Satan Worshipping albinos live there. Further they had marked Remington and Mount Umanhum roads as Private though they were actually public roads. They also had painted satanic graffeti at a location called bridge under bridge.

I believe my friends first told me the story in 91 and took me some nights later. For us driving up mount umanhum road was the height of fear and the probable home of said satanists. Mountain umanhum is a spur off Hicks Road that goes up to Bald Mountain peak and the old Almaden Air Force Station. At that time someone had written private directly on the ground which umanhum branched from hicks. Now it has been cleaned up with parking areas for hiking. If you go to the top the road is fenced off, but you can park and hike if you like as Abercrombie said. You will eventually see signs that say patrolled by armed guards, these are old and incorrect. While it is not exactly legal to go to the air force station you can. My friend has meet a ranger that actually lives in the housing there, he has pictures to prove he actually had been there on top of the block house. Here is a page with some photos http://www.jaber.net/umunhum/ReunionTour/default.htm . Now back in the early 90's this was stoner hangout. I think it was this reason that the residents started become more hostile to visitors, writing private and what not. In our travels we never saw an albino, nor a satanist, though sometimes we listened to King Diamond while driving.

When driving South down hicks you eventually hit a T section where Hicks meets Alamitos road. One direction is a little section of houses called Twin creeks on the map. This is a bit weird and people do actually give you the eye when you drive in. Diving down Alamitos the other direction takes you to new almaden. Just before getting to the town you cross over Bridge under bridge. Really its just were the sidewalk goes under the road for a few feet because the road is narrow. Supposidly under the foot bridge is all sorts of satanic graffeti. I personally have never seen this I am just mentioning it. New Almaden is home to the opry house which is some sort of show, La Forent a fancy restaurant and a church. One point of interest is the graveyard, which is divided by the road. Honestly that is freaking weird driving through a graveyard, though i guess my grandfather has a little access road near his headstone.

Can someone give more info on this Rock you talked about that is new to me. I have hear somethings about the Holy City that sound similar though. I have seen some of the abandoned houses and my friend has hiked to the old quicksilver mines building .

Someone mentioned driving to Sveadal from Hicks? Man you were lost that is like 10 miles away. It is a little swedish community right at the entrance to Uvas Canyon County Park. This is on Croy road, which is a public road. Infact there is no way to get to the park other than croy. I have not had problems with the swedes there, its the swedes in East Palo Alto i hate, stupid Ikea. There was a house on little Uvas or Casa Loma that scared the hell out of me but it has since been torn down.

Well good luck seems like it will all be city soon.

let me know if you have any questions.

Hahaha, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Seriously. It's just the pigment in their skin. I know very pleasant Albinos. But yes Albinos must be cryptid creatures. :unsure2:

Hahaha, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Seriously. It's just the pigment in their skin. I know very pleasant Albinos. But yes Albinos must be cryptid creatures. :unsure2:

well there may be albino cryptids, havent you ever heard of albino bigfoot?

And again sorry to any albinos who may have been offended. This is just an urban legend of the silicon valley.

My body stopped producing pigment for a few months when my kidneys failed so i feel for ya.