Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albinos on Hicks Road, San Jose, California

I am

I am ,

I have heard of this , myself in fact it was approximately 25 years ago. That was when I was

first introduced to the Albino Satanists Story. Rumor had it that they would sacrice a living thing up by the ol rock{ between Camden Ave and Hicks road all the way through to Los Gatos.} About half way up the hill. I used to go up there all the time when I was a teenager. That was the party place to go. Funny how its a public road but the rangers would always keep people from stopping off the side of the road.

When I was 14-15 Me and a friend of mine were dressed up for Halloween one year and we looked like grim reapers . We held red lighted candels and walked slowly throughout the evening all along the neighborhoods and local store parking lots. Either one of us said a word. We wanted to look sadistic and frightning. Why? Well I had a plan for the next day at school. I actually preplanned this with my friend to do this on Halloween based on the stuff we heard about hicks road.

So the next day at school we asked some classmates that we saw the night , if they saw any weird looking people holding red candles.? The ones that complied and said yes, we continued to exagerate of course making up the story that those were supposingling the satanists from hicks road,..Every Halloween , they would come down from the hill and walk around freely celebrating the day called Hallows eve . It was the only time they could do this was to worship the devil on Halloween .{ Hallows Eve}.

Now that was a practical jokewe carried out based on what we were told , if it be true or not I still remember the stories that were told. My imagination and rebelious teenage life couldnt resisit a little mind gaming with so called classmates. They were gullable to the idea of them walking around on Halloween to be true. We giggled to ourselves and were amazed at how many realy did buy into our little Halloween trick,

Until this day I have not told anyone about that . It was a long time ago, it could have been worse,.. I grew up and realized I was a troubled adolesant and as an artist who needed to rebel , I did it through the dark side ,.. Later I almost lost my life along with my sanity. I realized at the age of 16 that I was never going to allow people in my life to talk down to me in a verbally abusive way without expressing a stand for my dignity as a human being.

A LIFE LESSON MIGHT I ADD.....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

BUT THE STORY I HEARD , OR URBAN LEGAND WAS 25 YEARS AGO,... AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD,..

One night some people were drivivng up Hicks Rd. and they were having some fun ,... and as they saw this guy on the side of the road hitchiking they picked him up .They explained how as he narritivly told them where to go up ahead to drop him off , the guy in the passenger side front seat turned to ask this guy something and he noticed his eyes were shining a glowing red. The devils eyes so he said they freaked ,let the guy off ,and that was that. That guy was supposingly an albino satanist, and apparently this was a magic or capabilitiy that was distingiushing them apart from the ordinary citizen. {red eyes that were glowing.} SPOOKY. AND SO IT WAS FROM MY BEGINING MENTION OF THE ROCK AND THE SACRAFICES THIS GROUP OF ALBINO SATANIST WOULD HANG OUT AND RITUALIZE THEIR EXHISTANCE ALONG WITH THE STORY I JUST MENTIONED RED EYES CAME TO MY ADD ON HALLOWEEN THING THAT MY FRIEND AND I PLAYED OUT AND PEOPLE AT SCHOOL ACTUALY THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE.

SO NEVER THE LESS,...IF A STORY COULD CIRCULATE AND BE SUCH A BELEIVEABLE PIECE OF RUMOR HAS IT ,.. NOT TO MENTION 25 YEARS AGO . THEN TO HAVE ANOTHER PERSON IN WHOM I DONT EVEN KNOW ON THIS BOARD { Iam} MENTION IT ,.. THERE MUST BE SOME TRUTH TO IT .Wouldnt you say ??

Iam , please get back to me ....we need to talk about this, its just too weird.

Abecrombie :mellow:

Edited by Abecrombie

Hey guys. I live like 20 minutes from Hicks Road and i was just wondering if anyone has ever actually been there and or seen this albino village. Thanks.

There is allot of "No Tresspassing signs" on that road,.. , Mind you it actually starts from a hiking trail from Old Almaden Expressway off by "the feeding fuel before you get to Calerho Damn. That raod if following it all the way down past the ol opery house ,... on the right hand side ,. there is a dug out , up about 1/8 of a mile is the entrance to " THE QUICKSILVER MINES" trail,.. . That trail when hiked up to the ol radar on the hill is about a 2 hour hike. that area is called bull run,.. keep going about 2 more hours , youll start ending up in los gatos where the rock is. on the other side of blossom hill rd and camden where hicks meet.

I know where several fenced off areas are that are like a village. they look like an old ghost town but its dangerous up there and if you get caught by the ranger , you just say i didnt realize that we were off the trail officer. play dumb and innocent. otherwise big trouble. theres some cool mine shafts down there . Its a historical landmark thats pretty cool but is strict and runs right into ending up halfway up hicks road. It takes one day or 8 hours to get across fromm the entrance of the trail to the damn up hicks about half way.

I used to go with a friend of mine and { a different friend not too long ago} and we would hike up there often. pack a lunch , bring backpack , first aid kit cloths water is a must and plenty of time. We would drive to the place on Hicks road leave one of our cars there parked, and together we would take my car to the other side where tehtrail begins. on old almaden expressway.

By the time we would hike across through to Hicks we could see the car we parked 7-8 hours earlier and when we reached the car , together we drove back to my car , then go home.

Now theres a shorter trail just before you hit bull run the ghost town thats " no tresspassing " sign is located so its quite not that far up about half way up and then go back the way you started. This way one car is all you need and the whole experience is about 4 hours. email me or send me a personal message if you want to go we will talk further,.. perhaps

Abecrombie

I almost forgot to say that in that ghost town village place , its only one of many up there, and theres a abandoned house that has a bunch of graffiti inside. it looks like the house in the movie " the Bairs witch project"

I kid you not,.. and when I saw that place last , the movie wasnt even out yet. I remeber some type of satanic scribbling on the inside wall ,.. it was creepy.

Let me know people who live close to this place cause I still do,.. we need to butt heads here and talk about this reality of many living close and hearing and seeing some of the old urban legend stuff. maybe we can bring something back to the board. digital cameras here we come.

Abecrombie

I have a neighbour that is albino...she's just pretty normal...

Where is this Hicks road in San Jose, Ca. I used to work in Downtown San Jose ten years ago. Anyone give me directions as I will check it out on my next visit to family in Ca. I am also checking out Lake Tahoe as well on the same visit.

Its between cambell and los gatos.

I beleive it in the cambrian region in san jose

south of downtown san jose .

Take Camden ave south twords almaden

pass blossom hill before coleman

does that help?

Hicks is a small turn off on the right side. blink and youll miss it

Abecrombie

Where is this Hicks road in San Jose, Ca. I used to work in Downtown San Jose ten years ago. Anyone give me directions as I will check it out on my next visit to family in Ca. I am also checking out Lake Tahoe as well on the same visit.

I have a friend that lives in blossom hill. I just called him to check on this rumor and he never heard of it. I will check it out when I visit Ca. I am also taking my video camera when I visit lake tahoe to film the lake.

I have a neighbour that is albino...she's just pretty normal...

Are you sure SHE'S not a cryptid? :P

Wow. I'm gonna be a big party pooper here, but I can't believe that people are so intolerant of other's disorder.... or is it just skin color that you all judge people by?

Perhaps, if there really is a community of albinos with No Tresspassing signs around their area, it is because of all the idiots who think they are freaks just because they happen to have a lack of pigment and drive out and bother them.

I really can't believe that people would be so insensitive to take a trip just to gawk at people with a disorder.

Actually.... I CAN believe it... and it makes me sad.

I'm glad you posted this, mostly beacuse(before seeing this) I was going to ask you what about man's inhumanity to man surprised you.

Wow. I'm gonna be a big party pooper here, but I can't believe that people are so intolerant of other's disorder.... or is it just skin color that you all judge people by?

Perhaps, if there really is a community of albinos with No Tresspassing signs around their area, it is because of all the idiots who think they are freaks just because they happen to have a lack of pigment and drive out and bother them.

I really can't believe that people would be so insensitive to take a trip just to gawk at people with a disorder.

First off guy, I am not going to gawk at them. i don't know where get your source that I am going to gawk at them. I was just curious as to where is this location was as I used to work in San Jose. My main reasoning to visiting Ca is to see my family and friends. I was really taking my camera for the Lake Tahoe footage to prove that there are no monsters. If it bothers you that people take trips to visit the paranormal than you are in the wrong forum.

Edited by tonecop45

• 1 month later...

The rumors of Hicks Road are in fact true. I know this because I was born and raised in San Jose, and still live here. I attended Pioneer High School if it matters. Anyone who is in their twenties and went to high school in San Jose has been to Hicks Road. My friends and I went up there, one of many times, slightly drunk one night. We got lost and took a wrong turn and ended up in that freaky ass town mentioned earlier. I will never forget the name of that town. It is called Svedal. We drove for a while, the road narrowing until we hit an open space. We literally were in the middle of town in seconds, it came out of nowhere. The streets were narrow and made out of plain dirt and a small brook ran through the side of the street. Little creepy brown cabins lined the street. They literally looked like mini houses, a doll house for a human. I didnt see any cars whatsoever nor street lights. The only lights came through slightly parted curtains and solar porch lights. I remember starting to get the chills and asked my friend to turn around. But he was drunk and in usual jock jerkoff fashion he told me to shut up. Anyhow, I leaned my seat back and tilted my head. I dont know why but I was waiting for an axe or a rock to come flying through the window! I could see curtains moving and people looking out at us. A fat woman was on her porch watching us drive through and I asked her,"Where are we?". She said we were in Svedal and that we better leave. She was mean, her face was pale like milk or something like that and she had a weird accent, almost dutch meets dumb. That freaked my friend out enough to flip a b**** and haul ass the other way. I glanced back through the side mirror and could see some gangly looking guys standing in the middle of the road watching us as we drove off. I was sure one of them was going to shoot our tires out but alas, we made it out alive. However, it wasnt Hicks Road we ended up on. Somehow we had driven over the mountain and ended up in a county park where a park ranger asked us what we were doing. We told him what happened and he just kinda nodded. He told us how to get back to a main road and we drove back to south san jose, where we lived. I dont expect anyone to believe me, but I could care less. The story is true. There were 5 of us there that night and we talk about it sometimes.

Also, there was a story on Hicks that was in the San Jose Mercury News I believe 8-9 years ago. A group of teens went up there in a van, to albino hunt and make out. Well, they ended up getting a flat tire and pulled off to the side of the road (something you dont EVER do on Hicks Road, seriously). One of the guys got out of the car to check the tire. There was a muffled struggle and a gun shot. The van's back doors flew open and the albino guy shot the rest of the teens. All of them died except one girl, who relayed the story to police.

Hicks Road is a beautiful drive during the day, even at night when the sky is clear. But one glance out the window and that comfy scenic feeling you are enjoying will be invaded by thoughts of murder, shady shadows and visions of the macabre. Im not trying to come off like some freakin Agatha Christy novel but its true. Hicks Road is scary as hell and if you let your mind wander enough, you will see something. I've been back since high school, Im in my late twenties now, but I will never go back to Svedal. im not sure I could even remember how. If you do go there, be careful. Hicks Road is a slab of concrete in the middle of tons of wilderness, alot of unsavory things happen there, and some reside there. But, if you're like me, youll probably go check it out! Not to forget, there is also the old Cinnabar Hills Asylum from the late 1900's. Its off of Almaden Expressway, take it until it forks in Almaden Valley and go right (there is a bar on the left corner of the street when you go right). Its by the Ol' Opry house. Be carefule though, dont say I didnt warn you!

If anyone has any questions about Hicks Road, let me know. I will post some pictures of my drive up there for those who dont live in California or are too scared to go ;)

Hmmm, sounds like one of those local "stories" Kind of like my nickname in reference to Mel's Hole. Sorry, I don't buy renegade albinos who kill people... but I know you don't care. :-)

Although, come to think of it, I lived on Whidbey Island in Washington for a while and we did have a herd of renagade albino deer.... they were killers too... they ATE MY PANSIES!

I know no one likes a party pooper but I must say this. (and this doesn't apply to people who didn't make lame comments!you know who you are!)

People who entirely lack pigment really don't scare me. "Regular" people are much more frightening. Especially with all of their generalizations, immature comments and lack of empathy.

The rumors of Hicks Road are in fact true. I know this because I was born and raised in San Jose, and still live here. I attended Pioneer High School if it matters. Anyone who is in their twenties and went to high school in San Jose has been to Hicks Road. My friends and I went up there, one of many times, slightly drunk one night. We got lost and took a wrong turn and ended up in that freaky ass town mentioned earlier. I will never forget the name of that town. It is called Svedal. We drove for a while, the road narrowing until we hit an open space. We literally were in the middle of town in seconds, it came out of nowhere. The streets were narrow and made out of plain dirt and a small brook ran through the side of the street. Little creepy brown cabins lined the street. They literally looked like mini houses, a doll house for a human. I didnt see any cars whatsoever nor street lights. The only lights came through slightly parted curtains and solar porch lights. I remember starting to get the chills and asked my friend to turn around. But he was drunk and in usual jock jerkoff fashion he told me to shut up. Anyhow, I leaned my seat back and tilted my head. I dont know why but I was waiting for an axe or a rock to come flying through the window! I could see curtains moving and people looking out at us. A fat woman was on her porch watching us drive through and I asked her,"Where are we?". She said we were in Svedal and that we better leave. She was mean, her face was pale like milk or something like that and she had a weird accent, almost dutch meets dumb. That freaked my friend out enough to flip a b**** and haul ass the other way. I glanced back through the side mirror and could see some gangly looking guys standing in the middle of the road watching us as we drove off. I was sure one of them was going to shoot our tires out but alas, we made it out alive. However, it wasnt Hicks Road we ended up on. Somehow we had driven over the mountain and ended up in a county park where a park ranger asked us what we were doing. We told him what happened and he just kinda nodded. He told us how to get back to a main road and we drove back to south san jose, where we lived. I dont expect anyone to believe me, but I could care less. The story is true. There were 5 of us there that night and we talk about it sometimes.

Also, there was a story on Hicks that was in the San Jose Mercury News I believe 8-9 years ago. A group of teens went up there in a van, to albino hunt and make out. Well, they ended up getting a flat tire and pulled off to the side of the road (something you dont EVER do on Hicks Road, seriously). One of the guys got out of the car to check the tire. There was a muffled struggle and a gun shot. The van's back doors flew open and the albino guy shot the rest of the teens. All of them died except one girl, who relayed the story to police.

Hicks Road is a beautiful drive during the day, even at night when the sky is clear. But one glance out the window and that comfy scenic feeling you are enjoying will be invaded by thoughts of murder, shady shadows and visions of the macabre. Im not trying to come off like some freakin Agatha Christy novel but its true. Hicks Road is scary as hell and if you let your mind wander enough, you will see something. I've been back since high school, Im in my late twenties now, but I will never go back to Svedal. im not sure I could even remember how. If you do go there, be careful. Hicks Road is a slab of concrete in the middle of tons of wilderness, alot of unsavory things happen there, and some reside there. But, if you're like me, youll probably go check it out! Not to forget, there is also the old Cinnabar Hills Asylum from the late 1900's. Its off of Almaden Expressway, take it until it forks in Almaden Valley and go right (there is a bar on the left corner of the street when you go right). Its by the Ol' Opry house. Be carefule though, dont say I didnt warn you!

If anyone has any questions about Hicks Road, let me know. I will post some pictures of my drive up there for those who dont live in California or are too scared to go ;)

I loved your story, Cinnabar, it was very entertaining.

I know no one likes a party pooper but I must say this. (and this doesn't apply to people who didn't make lame comments!you know who you are!)

People who entirely lack pigment really don't scare me. "Regular" people are much more frightening. Especially with all of their generalizations, immature comments and lack of empathy.

It really causes one to pause to consider who the real "monsters" are, doesn't it?

I fail to see what is so frightening about albino humans. Why should such spawn horror stories? So they lack the pigment most of us have, other than that, and the adaptions in lifestyle they have to make (sunblock etc...) the few I've known are just normal people. One of my closest friends is albino, and nothing creepy about him. Come to think of it, a lot of my friends are rather light skinned a few could be albino if they were any lighter skinned.

Maybe they are on Hicks road, let them be, just trying to get by in this world same as the rest of us.

They have something like that in PA, except they are a bunch of inbred cannibal albinos. I read it in the book "Weird PA". It can't remember all of it, but it said they live near a glass house. Maybe CA has their own cannibal albinos!

When i was in Mauritus there was a local albino guy. He was a market owner. Creepy guy who demanded you buy his stuff... But they where all like that, he just happened to be albino. :)

Very interesting. ^^

What's a albino? I asked my parents what it was, but they said a animal that's white. <_< Not enough info.

Albino just means the creature lacks any colour pigment. It's common enough to see many examples in the animal world.

linked-image

There's actually a peacock just like this at a local farm.

Loads of humans have it in mild cases, my friends dad does. He has to have really high factor perscribed skin cream. His skin isn't that pale, his hair is whispy very light, fine blonde. You wouldn't know he was albino, so to speak.

But in some cases in humans, you can really see that they lack colour pigment in their skin and hair. The man i saw in Mauritus looked a lot like this boy...

linked-image

Oh. Thank you so much for answering my question. Thank you much!