Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Albinos on Hicks Road, San Jose, California

I am

so what else is up there? i mean, this Svedal place?

EDIT: I found someone who lives in Svedal!!!

its the guy with the user name Motis...btw his e-mail is there...if anyone wants to ask some questions...

check it>>CLICKY!

it says "Resident of Svedal" and "Location:San Jose"

and Google searches turn up nothing on Svedal...are you sure it wasnt Sveadal? cause that comes up when you search for Svedal...

does anyone have google earth coordinates?

Edited by Kalashsixtynine

Albino just means the creature lacks any colour pigment. It's common enough to see many examples in the animal world.

linked-image

There's actually a peacock just like this at a local farm.

Loads of humans have it in mild cases, my friends dad does. He has to have really high factor perscribed skin cream. His skin isn't that pale, his hair is whispy very light, fine blonde. You wouldn't know he was albino, so to speak.

But in some cases in humans, you can really see that they lack colour pigment in their skin and hair. The man i saw in Mauritus looked a lot like this boy...

linked-image

That peacock is so pretty.

David Guest knows someone who's built a Hotel just for Albinos to holiday at! :P

Sveadal is a private Swedish American community in Santa Clara County, California. It is located in the eastern Santa Cruz Mountains, adjacent to Uvas Canyon County Park. It has been owned by the Swedish American Patriotic League since its founding in 1926

-Could that be it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sveadal,_California

I have been reading thru the page's and i'm NOT being rude i just don't understand how this fall's into the crypto section., Did i miss something... :unsure:

I have been reading thru the page's and i'm NOT being rude i just don't understand how this fall's into the crypto section., Did i miss something... :unsure:

I agree, I mean since when did humans become cryptid? Good point isis-999

Thank's i thought i missed it..... :unsure2:

I didn't read all of it and I don't see how it belongs in this section either.

A friend showed me this discussion, and after reading some of the posts about the New Almaden/Hicks Road "albino" colonies, I felt I had to respond.

I grew up in New Almaden, and spent a lot of time riding the trails of Quicksilver Park on horseback. I partied on Hicks Road, and in fact have relatives who live off Hicks Road closest to Camden Avenue. My father grew up exploring the same area, in the 30s. And, as it happens, I have a good friend who is albino. She grew up in the same area, had also heard the "colony" rumors, but--like me--agrees they're just rumors.

If there IS a colony of albinos, they're probably like many folks who prefer to live in rural areas--they just want to be left alone. That doesn't make them banjo-playing, inbred axe-murderers. Sheesh.

As for the little community of cabins off Alamitos Road? Well, in the late 80s and early 90s, as I remember, it used to be a narrow dirt road alongside a creek, lined with really cool old cabins that were either mining cabins or old summer homes. The whole area used to be a mining area for mercury and cinnabar back in the 1850s, as mercury is used in extracting gold ore.

I had a high school friend who lived in one of those houses, with his mom; perfectly normal guy. Later, I dated a guy who lived in another one of the cottages with a couple roommates. If you call an engineer at IBM a freaky banjo-playing, axe-weilding redneck, well, whatever floats yer boat! Beautiful area tucked into the hills. Cool old buildings with a lot of history. True, some of the residents were annoyed by folks who would come gawking at the neighborhood, but guess what? They were fully aware of all the rumors, and just ticked off at all the lookie-loos. But a scene out of Deliverance? Ha.

There's an awesome, three-star restaurant over there, at least there was--"La Foret". Also, St. Anthony's Church still holds their christmas mass at the tiny stone chapel down there. And there is an old museum, and plenty of normal folks who live there. And sure, some aging hippies, some backwoods pot farmers, whatever.

Pretty much every place in the US has a backwoods with tales about antisocial freaks. These stories are what make those drunken Saturday night hiking parties fun. While I've no doubt there were a few reclusives off Hicks Road--wierdos or not--I just never saw much proof to so many of the crazy stories I heard. Though a few of them...well, ok, there are a couple tales that were, indeed, true.

Oh, yeah. Ever hear of The Witch on the Hill at Hicks Road? Ha. That "tale" was inadvertently started by members the Los Gatos Christian Church, when residents nearby protested the building of their massive church and school in the early 70s (late 60s?) due to traffic concerns on the narrow road. The Witch wasn't a real witch, just a woman who made a big fuss at planning meetings. But parents of the congregation would mention her, and their kids began thinking she was real, and thus, the myth snowballed.

I can definitely support the suggestion to bring a barf bag when navigating Hicks Road, though. :P

It's not about them being albino, it's the fact that theirs a secret community in the hills near SJ, CA that may be practicing satanism.

What business is it of anyone what alleged belief system they practice? There is a remarkable lack of maturity displayed by a few responses on this thread.

Ok I guess Im a liar ,... Ive livedhere my whole life and when I was a teen , Hicks road was the place to go at night. It could be dangerous and creepy and easily get lost. Its a eascinating thing that Ill turn forty this year and experience doesnt lie , there was allot of wierd dark sacraficial evil hoolagins goin on in my day up and to hear others hear of it is all the validation I need. today things might not be the same . Were talking before most of you were born this was going on, We had a cat mutalter her that would kill cats and leave there body parts where the owner could find thir poor dead pet. This happened about ten years ago they never caught him but after it hit the news it stopped thank god. That concerned me enough to beleive there was a rat b****** cerial killer here in town a young on doing the dead animal what was gonna be next. As ateenager I emeber quite what ive seen so Im with Iam hee if this was a satan occult or whatever in that type of land of the lost creepy road, out of nowhere{the land of the lost}

I lived it experienced some weird things back in 1981 on and few years after enough to keep our curious going back for more exploring . but add some young secluded people that are a bit mysterious , probably because they sacraficed animals at a place called the rock , not the fact that some were albinoes. thats the difference with to two staements of poeple growing here. I dont lie , so think what you want back twenty years that was the scene and eveidence was there ,.. we all know what dead animals look like and people just dont have red laser frillen glowing eyes, perhaps that is the cryzoid part of the deal,.

so here twenty years later to run into another person ten years after the fact my adventures as a teen a member has a similar experience,.. this wasnt a lets make up a story they experiences and heres the place to post em,. so lets all pay attention to the deteails devil worship creepy enviroment strange fair skinned outcast that might have you poodle for a meal to off the devil some scraps chants black capes and hood red eyes ,.. im not say ing this isnt a cryzoid but i find it absolutely worth my time to try a d communicate with others here that have heard or seen anything of that nature so many years have by this website is global, whats the chance if this past group of meanies not being true.?

Like I said maybe Im a liar to some of the readers, but I have betters going on in my midlife to talk about a tale to make up. I find very interesting and trippy . soon Iam and myself will find out more as we disscuss the experiences , maybe some of ot is a hoax but my experience was real enough to investigate and communicate inside this thread when I found it, Honestly before reading this topic, that was a experience after twenty years , when reading suddenly ,. thats when I knew no it wasnt an exzagration it wasnt a uban legend not if its out there in a thread thats world wide. .. Im curous to see what could be pieced together from stories and realities in the time frame from 1980- to today interesting how it popped up here.

Wht would you do if you were me,.. want to know more about others that experienced the same types of senarios right ?

Anyhow , im looking for future posts now Iam.

thanks for rading

oh and did I mention, Im not a liar.

Abecrobmie

me not lie ,. me ,.. abe {clears thorat goes to puke out of nerves and bitter shame } lol

I do not lieeaarrgghhh puke.

had to throw some spice in here guys it was getting so thickin here you could cutt the seriousness with a knife a slice up some whoz calling who in the new zoo reveiw,

me nio Im too crazy to make shot up sit ,...with the t before the i meets my first slide by ouch word,.. see im too daggnabin honest to afraid id get caught in lies my whole life its easier just not to.

not ,.. lie , me right dont .. clears charlie throat for the next back of nerve chunks bring the untensiles.lol

im a sick pup i know,

it happens

and the fam cam too

Interesting. Do you know where any of the villages are? I'm going to try to find them on google earth maps. Maybe then we can come up with more information.

In regards to those who make the comment that "albino's are scary", it sounds just as ridiculous as if I were to say Asians scare me. (Not that they do) :cry:

You know, with this thread you slander the good names of albino hillbilly serial killers everywhere. Are you proud of yourselves? Just sit for a moment and think about what you've done.

• 2 weeks later...
So I live in California, and I've heard of an 'Albino Colony' in San Jose on Hicks Road. And I was just wondering if anyone else has seen, or heard about them.

Someone I know says their car got swarmed by a bunch of them, but I don't want to base a belief on one person who could easily be full of sh**. Especially since he was trying to impress a girl. :rolleyes:

I would give you guys some links, or more info if I could, but I just couldn't find any sites with useful information.

Here's the best I found: http://streetracing.tiora.net/boards/printthread.php?t=66124

Just look at it and you'll relize it sucks... :wacko:

Am I the only one who hears the banjo's?

Am I the only one who hears the banjo's?

I hear them Question. (man that show was very disturbing) :yes: