Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A day at the zoo

Norden

My name is Koen, and i am a student in the Netherlands, im studying media design. For the new project we had to visit one of the local zoo's and take pictures of animals.

Now im not the kind of guy that truelly beleives in the paranormal, but im open to it and interested. Last week i've seen a documentary about orbs and other unexplainable lightnings.

What a class mate catched on one of the photgraphs looked familiar, but im not sure. The room where the orbs appeared on the photograph was a very quiet and meditative place.

user posted image

I'm not sure if this is just a case of dust or reflection. Maybe someone can identify these so called orbs.

regards,

Norden

Edited by Norden

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norden

• jonb

• Welsh Shaun

1. Welcome to UM

2. Planctum

3. Nice picture of a fish?

Edited by Welsh Shaun

I think it happened cause a source of light was reflected in some the particles floating around and that's what your camera captured. that's the same thing that happens when some people think they captured orbs but its actually light reflected on stuff floating around

like daniella said. it makes sense. there's always wierd crap floating in water.. i see it when i watch those shark special on animal planet. thats probably what u caught

From experience, I know that it's hard to take any aquarium photos without flash. Judging from the lightning of the shark's side and his 'glowing' eye, a flash was used for this picture. Presumably the lens of the camera was right at the glass and that's why we don't see any glass reflections. That said, the 'orbs' might be bits of debris floating in the water, illuminated by the flash. Could be skin, little bits of fish, plant matter, who knows. It is most likely just coincidence that they didn't turn up in the other pictures, or there was some other variable that changed.

Nice picture though, aquarium shots can be frustrating to get.

Just wanted to say nice pics you have there and also welcome to the U.M. forums hope you stick around and have some fun.

Jame$ :)

Last week i've seen a documentary about orbs and other unexplainable lightnings.

this is why so many people add pics thinking they are ghosts, please realise that they arent, they are merely reflections from airborn dust etc, i will guarantee, or at least put lots of cash on it :P

Edited by jonb

I got that kind of things before, and it was big!!

I went to an old castle and the pictures I took there had this wierd ball thingies flying.

Some specualte that it's somekind of spiritual beings, but I'm not so sure.

Here's a picture from Audioslave concert

user posted image

you see lots of these things flying.

Edited by Koriel

I got that kind of things before, and it was big!!

I went to an old castle and the pictures I took there had this wierd ball thingies flying.

Some specualte that it's somekind of spiritual beings, but I'm not so sure.

Here's a picture from Audioslave concert

user posted image

you see lots of these things flying.

If there's anything that will guarantee orbs, it's bright lights; Stage lights are a good example of a bright light. :)

these crappy anomolies are a good way for believers to go 'zomg look its a ghost they are real look at the dot'

because there is no other evidence around, or at least any quality undisputable evidence we can all say, yep, thats it.

so things like this are an easy way out but lets be honest. ITS DUST AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ahem.