Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel levitation explained

douglasdouglas

Im not saying that what u said cant be true ...but unless u know him of was there when he mess up one of his acts I dont want to know what u have to say...I belive that everything he does is real ,now that doesent mean I like it I belive that cris asked for those abilities form lucifer.... thats what I belive cause no man can do that witch out supernatural help and god ant goin to help nobody do that..there's only 2 spirits good and evil..that is pure evil

Oh my god. Criss admits in interviews what he does is illusion. Grow up and stop playing with witches. I am sure Criss would be upset saying what he does is not illusion. Those illusions take alot of work. May the force be with you. :no:

• 3 weeks later...

id just like to point out that the email notification on UM sucks major egg.....i havent seen this post since last year and there have been so many replies since then!

1. my cousins belive what he does is real, and it p***es me off to no end, he has openly said he is an ILLUSIONIST, and a MAGICIAN, not a mystic or psycic, so dont go ruining his amazing work by pretending it is real, some the stuff he does is INSPIRED by these topics, and some of it is probably out there, but Chris Angel does not do it...

2. Do you all know the trick he does where he has an audience all around him, pulls a "random" plant from the front row of the croud, has her stand on a box, places wooden right angel wall things all around her, and then rips them down, and shes gone? (i hate run on sentences)well, my dad debunked that one. while they were puting up the right angel wall things, she changed into new clothing, and slipped out pretending to be one of the aids in setting up the walls. (if youve seen it, you would see how this could be done) we even found the girl she changed into. on the spectator cam. when she first went up onto the box, she had a hat on, and "short hair" (but the long hair was tucked under the hat, my friend lexi does that all the time) and had one of those trackish suits on, that silvery swishy kind that can be folded up realy easily, and then changed(taking off the hat and swishy stuff) into a woman with long hair, jeans, and a white no sleved shirt, a pheonominal stunt no doubt, but still NOT PARANORMAL

There's another method of levitation that I've seen another illusionist use.

It involved turning your feet so that the viewer(s) could only see one of your feet, while from behind that foot, the other foot would push you up. ...Or something like that.

There's another method of levitation that I've seen another illusionist use.

It involved turning your feet so that the viewer(s) could only see one of your feet, while from behind that foot, the other foot would push you up. ...Or something like that.

I think that's called the "Kings Rising" levitation.

Anyway, Angel is full of sh**. Paid shills, numerous cuts, and post production editing...yawn. Lots of mistakes too.

In the one where he levitates the girl in front of the audience on the street...her feet are crossed one way (right over left?) for most of the shoot but there is one scene where they are reversed. I've seen this same girl before too.

And, his building to building levitation...almost the same thing. His feet are flat and a few inches apart the whole way. AFTER it's over, they are doing the usual crowd comments and they show a 3 second slo-mo replay and his feet are crossed. LOL.

• 4 months later...

Criss Angel uses demons. What he does is real. There are no mirrors or people pulling wires. Jesus is way more powerful than demons though. If you don't believe me, next time you conjure up a spirit or are directly involed with spirits or inner guides, try saying "Jesus" or quote scripture. I dare you. You won't believe the reaction you will get from spirits. If you fear for your life though because of them being furious at you for saying that, you can ask Jesus to save you.

In the moment that a demon or spirit is threatening your very life, say "Jesus! Save me! I give my life to you." Then face the spirit directly and tell him "I command you to leave immediately in Jesus name". You can quote scripture as well and keep saying that if he doesn't leave immediately. In some cases it has taken hours, but the spirit MUST go away in the name of Jesus.

I dare you to merely say the word "Jesus" in the presence of a spirit/gaurdian/inner spirit guide. If you don't actually believe that the name is powerful and it won't have any affect to say it then what's it going to hurt. Just try it but when the spirit you thought was benign suddenly terrifies you, remember what I said above how to save yourself.

Criss Angel uses demons. What he does is real. There are no mirrors or people pulling wires. Jesus is way more powerful than demons though. If you don't believe me, next time you conjure up a spirit or are directly involed with spirits or inner guides, try saying "Jesus" or quote scripture. I dare you. You won't believe the reaction you will get from spirits. If you fear for your life though because of them being furious at you for saying that, you can ask Jesus to save you.

In the moment that a demon or spirit is threatening your very life, say "Jesus! Save me! I give my life to you." Then face the spirit directly and tell him "I command you to leave immediately in Jesus name". You can quote scripture as well and keep saying that if he doesn't leave immediately. In some cases it has taken hours, but the spirit MUST go away in the name of Jesus.

I dare you to merely say the word "Jesus" in the presence of a spirit/gaurdian/inner spirit guide. If you don't actually believe that the name is powerful and it won't have any affect to say it then what's it going to hurt. Just try it but when the spirit you thought was benign suddenly terrifies you, remember what I said above how to save yourself.

LMAO. :w00t:

I need to learn from Criss Angel then. Unbelievable.

Criss Angel is an illusionist, that is all. The moron can't summon demons or use hell's power or any of that stuff to do any of his stunts. It's all a bunch of tricks.

Don't take something so simple and turn it into a religous thing. :hmm:

Ok these is the thing that he looks for the skeptics out there too simple minded to believe that a human being can pull off such a feat. and that all humans should be normal!!!!!

No not true this is why I strive to be different because this race and the many cultures want and strives you on being like them in every way just with a little different perspective!!!!

Ok it is probably not magic or even illusions but the fact is that someone has come out with something good and spectacular and here are the skeptics trying to put down the potential of what we can do. Whether it is fake or not the point is he fooled you once and if he is good at doing it once what makes you think that he would never be able to do it again. His manipulations of your mind have caused you to try and find out how it is done and why should he have the something better than me so I will just criticize that person and try to make him out to be a fake.

This is the human race with anyone doing better than them. Why is he doing better, how is he manipulating minds and I am not, and even so why has he got me to talk about things that he care about and still makes money off of it?????

He could have or could have not pulled of a deeper awareness of the consciousness, but the point is he is not afraid of the people who says that he hasn't or that he just could not do that and that it is impossible.

Ok if everything he does is so fake and somewhat illusions explain to me the shadow trick he did when he somehow uses his shadow to manipulate the other shadow to obliviously move it!!!! Or how he takes his mother out of a case that he was carrying with nothing under the table or no cloth covering it!! Or the one where he draws a butterfly on a piece of paper and makes it appear without multiple foldings or anything!!! Or even when he wrote something on a cab window saying the exact thought that the woman was thinking and did it right in front of the audience!!!!! Amazing huh???

He is bringing the inspiration back into many people just by what he does just because it is things that you thought was possible. Whether it was actually doing the illusion or playing your mind into believing it the first time!!!!

You should be open minded to the possibilities that the human race can do something with themselves besides make money for themselves or for someone else. He does what he does because it gets people like you to talk about what he does which almost fuels him to do even more spectacular things.Also the people that do believe in him waits for the next feat. which would make their minds fold and unfold asking questions. To know that someone has done something spectacular with their life and time making your mind boggle the first time which is always the best The First Impression and he always makes sure that it is perfect for your eyes and mine!!! So try and lay off of what the man does and congratulate him on the things that you cannot do!!!!!!

Explain and then i will believe that he a fake and a rip off!!!!!!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

somebody probably already said this (a fan maybe) but you got number 1 wrong he already explained it on his show....there is no fake leg....he has magnets in his shoes to make it look like he is keeping his feet together when he slips his leg out of a slit in his (black) pants and his foot out of his shoe giving the illusion that his legs are straight...the leg that he slipped out is stepping on a stair or whatever is in front of him

Edited by PuNkMaN

:huh:

I mean some people might think this is what he is! But seriously it does not change the fact,

of what he is an illusionist.

Now you can take that how you want to but thats all he is nothing Criss does is real,

except for maybe the feats of strength he shows us veiwers!

He admits to being fake. It takes a lot of skill to pull off the tricks he does. He acutally admitted in a radio interview that he does not believe in the paranormal.

• 3 weeks later...

Look at:

http://media.putfile.com/Criss-Angel-Levitation-66

then:

http://media.putfile.com/Criss-Angel-Beer

The same girl is "levitated" and tastes bear in those...

Yeah, I can see that most of his tricks are just setups, where he uses actors and props for magic tricks (like stuf to make water "change" into beer, where in fact its just beer-like color and froth).

The levitation in the first video seem to be performed by hanging the girl on the crane - it very much looks like she is hanging with invisible cord holding her by her waist. And Criss nere moves his hand over her belly.

He admits to being fake. It takes a lot of skill to pull off the tricks he does. He acutally admitted in a radio interview that he does not believe in the paranormal.

i thought he admits that he is just a illusionist at the start of his shows??

• 4 months later...

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Do some google searches before you start turning everything into a religious matter. Nothing Chris does is "real" (peranormal) and nothing he does has anything to do with demons and sh**. XD

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

All you have to do is search 3 words on youtube and you'll find out how he does almost everyone of his tricks... ^_^

Edited by AlienDan

he didnt really lie, he says he's an illusion artist, he doesnt claim to be magical, most of the time, i saw one episode and it was quite disturbing lol amazing as well

Well said. Everything has a logical explanation I think. Even if it seems wound up in fiction. Still lol, street magic cool as to watch :P. (on television atleast) :S

• 1 month later...

Want proof that he's a phoney (other than 100 other facts)

watch this video and pause it at 3:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIwcVAxZsU

and also this one and pause it at 1:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ythagqGQI

it's the same asian chick, youtube quality isn't that great but feel free to check the original dvd footage (confirmed) She's even wearing the same white watch/wrist band on her left hand.

the crowd was in on it and digital compositing was used to remove whatever mechanism that keeps him above the ground.

case closed

Edited by digital_sin

Well not THE explanation, but after watching the levation tricks on video performed by Criss Angel I came up with a few theories:

First of all it is important to divide the levitation tricks into different categories, because they are quite different:

1) levitating a few feet in front of stairs or chairs, while turning his back to the audience.

2) levitating leaning backwards with one foot on the ground

3) levitating a bystander in midair

4) levitating 5 feet in the air with nothing around him.

5) levitating 5 feet in the air with an object behind him

Theories:

1) There is always an object in front of him to which he "levitates", he always has his back turned to the camera/audience. Sometimes one or two people seem to be next to him or in front of him which would have to be in on the trick. He is wearing a fake hollow, bendable leg on one leg which is attached to his shoe. The fake leg fits into the back half of his real leg. He then could just bend his knee, while putting his leg up and step up to the object in front of him. The view from behind would be two legs and two shoes next to eachother. When he has raised his other leg and the fake leg to the chair, the fake leg and shoe should fit into his real leg again. This way he can just turn around and show there are no other gimmicks present, the fake leg is reset and the trick can be performed again. His trousers would have to be cut or flexible to be able to put out a leg while his trousers at the back remain straight. In the video in the cafeteria you can actually see him make a stange move with his right leg slightly bending it, as if the fake leg didn't come of straight away and snaps back. This trick would require to lean slightly forward to keep balance, which is clearly visible when he does the trick on the escalator. When he perfoms this trick on the sidewalk -without an object in front of him- you can clearly see that it is suddenly necessary to lean sharply forward while balancing on one leg. The man passing by who has to see his leg in front of him, is clearly not impressed, from his standpoint, he propably doesn't even realize that someone is performing a trick, he just sees a man balancing on one leg.

With this trick you have to ask yourself two questions:

-Why not just levitate and land on the ground again? Because that would make it suspicous that an object in front of him is necessary. He cleverly has an excuse that a chair needs to be in front of him, because he is going to land on it, classical misdirecting of a magician.

-Why not perform the trick without an object in front of him? Well because it wouldn't be possible then, otherwise he would have shown it, because that would make the trick MUCH more impressive. When he does it on the sidewalk without an object, there is no audience behind him, just the camera from slightly above, because people standing directly behind would be able to see it.

2) In the video I saw he clearly stamps his right foot, and could insert a metal pole hidden in his right leg into the ground, the location seems to be selected by himself, so perhaps a prepared ground is needed with a hollow pipe. When he bends backwards while bending his knees, a metal mechanism hidden in his leg and back bends with him but locks at 90 degrees. He is then able to straighten out his other leg. Why not straighten out both legs at the same time? Or first one leg and then the other? This seems a giveaway to me. He also did this trick with a bystander which would have to be in on his trick. Only this time she has two legs on the ground when bend backwards and he shows that there is nothing under her back. Then he also straightens her legs but doesn't show again there still isn't anything under her back. So this would mean that she has the pole in one of her legs when he shows there is nothing under her back, but it is removed after another pole has risen from the ground (or is pulled down from her back) to support her back and connect with the metal plate she is wearing there. Conveniently he immediately lowers her which could be the pole in the ground simply descending. At this time the camera doesn't give a clear view of what's under her anymore. Again classical misdirection by a magician, first show that there isn't anything at a certain place, so that later when there is something there the audience is just tricked into thinking it can't be because it wasn't there before.

You have to ask yourself why the straightening of both legs isn't performed when he is levitating himself, surely the trick would be much more impressive if he would do that instead of just straightening just one leg? The answer is that it requires another person to make sure the pole from the ground connects with the back of the woman. In the video there are cuts and a shot where he may have touched the lower of her back may have been left out.

3) There is no other possiblity than that the whole crowd is in on the trick. The crowd looks unnaturally disciplined forming an ordered circle around him, no other people seem to walk by or join the crowd, this is in the middle of the streets of Las Vegas right? She simple hangs from a cable from above. He makes a point of having the camera looking up before the trick but neglects this when she is actually levitating. This trick is always performed outside, why not do this trick in the cafetaria? Because a crane would have a hard time fitting into there.

4) A cable from above, no other possibility, usually there are no bystanders so that is just a camera trick. The cases where he did this with crowds (which are always just a few people), but with the wall behind him, could only happen if the crowd was in on the trick.

5) This is the video with the plants behind him performed for just 1 bystander. The plants could conceal a contraption which connects with a metal plate in his back. It is suspicous that he always walks up to the camera immedtaily after landing on the ground, perhaps allowing something behind him to quickly hide itself. This trick could also be with just a cable and a bystander who is in on the trick, it is suspicous that there isn't a crowd.

Well just theories, but it's not impossible to reach the same results with it.

THere is a trick he performs which u miss, however. There is one where he levitates a frisbee of the ground while playing and "throws" it to a fellow companion....not much to explain it. Forgot the link, but try Google.

Have Fun!

• 3 weeks later...

see, before i thought this was a trick to, but, now i am not so sure. i was watching the show last night, and he freakin' levitated over a pretty big tree on the golf course. it was insane.

edit***

@digital_sin

the asian chick actually looks different to me, and also, HE TAKES HIS SHOE OFF!!! there is nothing holding him up.

Edited by methodcomptech

Well however good it looks, Criss really isn't much different than other street performers and illusionists. He's amazingly skilled, that really can't be fairly disputed. But I don't think for any second that he's actually levitating.

Did anyone see him levitaite inside the luxor? Ya how the hell did he do that? He walks under metal structure thing and some random guy pats his back... so obviously theres no cords.