Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Good Thing Surely, Yes?

PLO

And this is a must? You really need target shooting to enjoy your life?

You can do target shooting with airsoft ffs.

You could live your life on drinking liquid food and taking pills for the body but you still eat food right?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• __Kratos__

• PLO

• PadawanOsswe

You could live your life on drinking liquid food and taking pills for the body but you still eat food right?

Food also cant be used as a weapon of violence.

all you people saying guns are bad and we need to get rid of them, you're the ones that are gonna get us enslaved!

guns are good!

its the decent people who do own firearms, who keep the peace.

the cops won't, infact cops as a whole have a higher criminality rate than citizens

Hitler and Stalin didn't think that the commen people needed guns either.

Interesting theoretical... If I smuggled an illegal gun into the country and held you at gun point while my buddy raped your mother, would you like to have a gun or a phone to call the police with???????

Well, to each thier own but, as for me, I'd send that SOB back to his maker in Hell for some factory reconditioning. You on the other hand, may feel totally confident in your local law enforcement. Where I live, the patrol cars just ain't that fast. 150 mph, tops.

You seem to have a problem with gun owner ship. Did your father ever take you hunting when you were a child? Did he ever build a fire and show you how to cook meat over it? Did he ever show you that there is more to life than going to work and acting like a good little pawn? Did he ever teach you the value of a life? Did he ever show you the importance of respecting it? Did he ever make you eat the meat of what you killed?Did he ever take you out in the woods and tell you that "tonight, dinner depends on you son"?

Did he sit by the fire with you and look at the stars and tell you that "The richest man on Earth should do the same thing, he'd realize just how small he was and that the rest of us who fought and died mattered too". (My Dads words, not mine. Marines and soldiers will understand). Did he ever make a man of you? Did he ever teach you that you're not just some guardian of the animals but, one of them? Did your father love you? Did you ever get to know him? Was he there when you failed? Were you there when he failed? Did you ever learn the meaning of freedom?

Were you more afraid of telling your dad that you lost a fight than getting suspended from school for fighting? If so, did you fight harder the next time? Did he tell you to get into a fight with a person who hit a girl? I hope so.

Did he teach you to look for things that you cannot do, and do them? Did he ever take you into the backyard and put a rake in your hand? Did he ever break the stick off from the rake head and teach you to fence?

Have you ever been alone in the woods, or out in the swamp, or miles away from a city, by choice and not been afraid? I can, and I thank my Father for it.

Did you ever get a spanking for not saluting the flag? Did your father ever spank you? Do you salute the flag and the men who carry it and die for it? Do you salute them when the flag is not there? Ever been in a fight when you were a teen with someone who was bigger than you because they burned it? Did you beat the hell out of them?

If you answered "No" to the previous questions, then you'll never know why I own a rifle. You will find yourself unable to fathom why I am able to shoot with accuracy. You'll sit in some house and bang away on the keyboard about how guns are evil and how the U.S. is the devil. You'll be happy with that as long as the cheetos flow freely and the talkshows never end. And one day you'll go to the funeral of an Uncle or a brother or a neighbor. You'll see the respect of the color guard and the flag in the wind and the uniforms and you'll realize that you're too old to be a part of it. The conductor of the service will do it in English, Latin, Hebrew, and/or a myriad other languages. You'll think of Christmas' Chanukas, Kwanzaas, and other celebrations past, and you'll miss them.

You'll pack it up and drive the family home, turn on the T.V. and be glad that you didn't miss "Survivor". Then you'll look around at your feet and see the children, still dressed in thier Sunday best and know why that person fought. Not for the flag or apple pie. They'll forever say that it was for the grunt next to them but, with any luck you'll know better.

They did it for the same reason that all of them have done it. So that little Susie dressing her Barbie will never HAVE to dress a wound. So that little Billy, will never HAVE to wear a dog tag that didn't come from the GI-Joe/ Action-Man fan Club. They died for a fight that you hated so that he can be a builder, not a RE-builder and she can be a Mother , not a weaping mother.

They were willing so that you would not have to be. They were heros so that you would not have to be.

And in the morning, you'll miss work, so that you can go and "protest the war".

See you on the other side.

all you people saying guns are bad and we need to get rid of them, you're the ones that are gonna get us enslaved!

guns are good!

its the decent people who do own firearms, who keep the peace.

the cops won't, infact cops as a whole have a higher criminality rate than citizens

Oh and about the cops.Britain doesn't have guns.The cops don't have guns either.Explain this please?Pretty please?!

*laughs histerically* You think we aren't slaves now?Especially in America.You are a good American citizen though because you believe everything the government tells you *thumbs up*

One day when we are rid of all the guns we can finally live in peace. And personally I can't wait till the day we can all live in peace,love,and harmony.

Edited by JesseTheMutt

Hitler and Stalin didn't think that the commen people needed guns either.

Interesting theoretical... If I smuggled an illegal gun into the country and held you at gun point while my buddy raped your mother, would you like to have a gun or a phone to call the police with???????

Why wouldn't you have a phone?And one other thing.What makes you think the average person carries a gun anyways?Only the cowbodys and them rap folks run around here like to carry them things.If you need a gun to defend yourself against someone.Even a guy with a gun.If you need a gun to take him down then I'm sorry for you.

I want someone to explain why Britain hasn't collapsed because of their no guns.Citizens and Police don't have guns.Are they better than us?Well I think Europe and Canada are better than the United States anyways.But that's only what I know as the absolute truth.

Edited by JesseTheMutt

When they "get rid of guns", (yeah, like "they" got rid of alcohol, and drugs, and purse snatching, and rape, and.......).

When that day comes, and there are no more guns, some one will come up and cut you from foot to mouth with a sharpened piece of steel and you'll still think that the good people at the U.N. will come to save you, because knives will be against the law too! All the while blowing on some little whistle.

We made a pretty good business of killing people long before we had gun. Cain is supposed to have killed his brother with the jawbone of an ass, remember?

I saw the British Police going in after those bomb builders in London a few months ago. You might very well believe in fairies and wizards but, they were carrying some pretty high powered pixie dust! Those little black metal things that they had in thier hands probably had a bit more of a kick than the "Legend OF Zelda"! To me they looked a lot like guns!

Do you really believe that they carry guns to arrest underaged taco eaters?

No, there are still dragons out there. Black wizards too! You must always be on your guard, Froto! Find for yourself the best defence! They mean to kill you, your family and eat all your Speggettios too! I'll be sure to let Mickey Mouse know that you're on board with him and the good ship Lolly Pop!

After I typed all of that I guess that I could have just said,"You're dreaming, Buddy!".

When things go bad, I'll still be alive and eating. Will you?

Canada, The Great White North? Are we talking about the same place? Sure, they may not carry guns on thier hips like cowboys in the city but, out in the bush???

And I agree with you about the rap/gangster wannabes. No doubt.

I'm talking about the men who live where the pavement ends. You know, that wonderful place where all the answers are?, if you can make it out there?

There are people in New York City that have never owned a drivers license! Never seen a real live horse!

No joke, my Uncle moved to Georgia from New Jersey and had never seen a cow in the pasture! He was amazed at the fact that no one tried to steal it until my Father pointed out the Bull who would most likely not approve of a two legger running off with his main squeeze.

I've always heard that people who live in the city eat chicken but, none of them know how to butcher a live one!

Interesting point, if you take my guns away, who's going to protect you when they do get there? You said that your police don't carry guns. Can they shoot?

I can!

Edited by Lord Umbarger

When they "get rid of guns", (yeah, like "they" got rid of alcohol, and drugs, and purse snatching, and rape, and.......).

When that day comes, and there are no more guns, some one will come up and cut you from foot to mouth with a sharpened piece of steel and you'll still think that the good people at the U.N. will come to save you, because knives will be against the law too! All the while blowing on some little whistle.

We made a pretty good business of killing people long before we had gun. Cain is supposed to have killed his brother with the jawbone of an ass, remember?

I saw the British Police going in after those bomb builders in London a few months ago. You might very well believe in fairies and wizards but, they were carrying some pretty high powered pixie dust! Those little black metal things that they had in thier hands probably had a bit more of a kick than the "Legend OF Zelda"! To me they looked a lot like guns!

Do you really believe that they carry guns to arrest underaged taco eaters?

No, there are still dragons out there. Black wizards too! You must always be on your guard, Froto! Find for yourself the best defence! They mean to kill you, your family and eat all your Speggettios too! I'll be sure to let Mickey Mouse know that you're on board with him and the good ship Lolly Pop!

After I typed all of that I guess that I could have just said,"You're dreaming, Buddy!".

When things go bad, I'll still be alive and eating. Will you?

hehehehehe *laughs* Umm.They have guns but they don't carry them around.They have them but rarely use them.Guns are outlawed there and it's so good.God Bless Europe.

I just hate living in America.

"You May Say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one.I hope so day you can join us and the world can live as one" - John Lennon

Listen to the song Imagine by John Lennon.Words to live by my friend.

Because no matter how wrong you are I still offer you peace and love.We can survive and live happily and peacefully without guns.We don't need them and they should be outlawed.I am hoping and praying for the day that will happen.It's not too late.Let's join our fine friends in Europe and get rid of all the guns.

Edited by JesseTheMutt

Interesting point, if you take my guns away, who's going to protect you when they do get there? You said that your police don't carry guns. Can they shoot?

I can!

Yes I'm so proud.Any four year old can shoot a gun.

firearms are what keeps government in line

the people are the final check to protect the constitution.

when this corrupt federal government finally succeedes in disarming the law-abiding citizens of the united states, that's when its over

all you have to do is look at new orleans. it was THE ARMED PEOPLE who kept order in their local developments, not the cops. the cops were busy looting walmart to actually protect and serve.

if you wanna entrust your life and safety to some out of control despots (the type that usually tries to get in positions of power) go ahead. ever hear of feudalism? firearms ended that form of slavery

firearms are what keeps government in line

the people are the final check to protect the constitution.

when this corrupt federal government finally succeedes in disarming the law-abiding citizens of the united states, that's when its over

all you have to do is look at new orleans. it was THE ARMED PEOPLE who kept order in their local developments, not the cops. the cops were busy looting walmart to actually protect and serve.

if you wanna entrust your life and safety to some out of control despots (the type that usually tries to get in positions of power) go ahead. ever hear of feudalism? firearms ended that form of slavery

You think you are free though?Even with fire arms?As long as you live in the U.S. you are a slave.Your government lies to you on a daily basis.You are government property.Wake up!Move to Europe or Canada.When I'm 18 I will!

europe and canada have more authoritarian laws than the united states..

in the united states, we still have portions of the bill of the rights, we still have some of our god given freedoms. the federal government is foaming at the mouth trying to take these away though, in the name of "freedom" (talk about orwellian rhetoric). really I don't see your problem with guns.

I'd wish ALL of my neighbors owned firearms, I wish they'd start handing out guns like candy to anyone who wanted them.

remember, criminals will always be criminals. you're going against all conventional data, the more people that are armed, the less crime there is. it's just a fact of society.

edit : to all you bush**es, I hope you know he's doing everything in his power to ensure the law-abiding citizens of the United States are dis-armed, and unable to own firearms

Edited by mike^_^

europe and canada have more authoritarian laws than the united states..

in the united states, we still have portions of the bill of the rights, we still have some of our god given freedoms. the federal government is foaming at the mouth trying to take these away though, in the name of "freedom" (talk about orwellian rhetoric). really I don't see your problem with guns.

I'd wish ALL of my neighbors owned firearms, I wish they'd start handing out guns like candy to anyone who wanted them.

remember, criminals will always be criminals. you're going against all conventional data, the more people that are armed, the less crime there is. it's just a fact of society.

Yeah.I loved the freedoms we used to have in this country.

If we loved one another then there would be no violence or crime.We don't need guns.We are much better off without guns.I hate guns so much.

Edited by JesseTheMutt

you can live in your euphoric dream-world, where everyones dancing around flowers hugging each other, but the facts are, you have people in high positions of power that openly discuss your extermination.

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt."

— Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.

you can live in your euphoric dream-world, where everyones dancing around flowers hugging each other, but the facts are, you have people in high positions of power that openly discuss your extermination.

Umm.Well I guess in your world the police tase innocent great grandmothers and retarded kids.Think if they had been allowed to use the gun?Police and their power trips. *shakes head* Tsk Tsk.

amazing how people can rationalize their own enslavement

you're ignoring the facts of history

ARMED CITIZENRY = SECURE CITIZENRY

amazing how people can rationalize their own enslavement

you're ignoring the facts of history

ARMED CITIZENRY = SECURE CITIZENRY

You poor soul.You think our government wouldn't win in an armed battle against us?It's like the war now.We didn't need it and it shouldn't have happened.All war and violence is wrong.Let's live in peace and love.Lets love each other and share all the world. Let's have Peace

lol

Good.I'm glad you agree with me.You are now one of us who look to have peace.Welcome brother.

You sure? And food is linked to millions of death each year in poisoning, poor diets, ect. :) AND you still eat it rather then going the safer route.

I agree with Mike^_^ on the guns keeping the goverment in line and being citizens being safer as a whole.

You poor soul.You think our government wouldn't win in an armed battle against us?It's like the war now.We didn't need it and it shouldn't have happened.All war and violence is wrong.Let's live in peace and love.Lets love each other and share all the world. Let's have Peace

:blink: You miss that chapter in history about the minutemen vs the British forces?

Yes, peace and love is nice but not a reality in today's world. You're welcome to believe that the world is a nice, logical, rational, safe place... You'll be wrong, but that hasn't stopped anyone else who thinks the same way.

Edited by __Kratos__

No but, they can't can't kill soomeone who breaks into your home. And anyone who breaks into mine, will leave feet first.

You miss that chapter in history about the minutemen vs the British forces?

exactly, when ever in history has conventional military beaten a guirella war?

I can only think of a couple really, one of which being Alexander the Great in Bactria and some of the northern steppe tribes.

this is the reason the people that founded this country understood the fact that in order for the country to stay safe, and stay free, you need responsible citizenry armed. :yes:

jesse, im sure if there's a race riot in your local town, and the cops are out looting with the gangs, you'll likely change your tune about guns rather quickly