Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
PLO

A Good Thing Surely, Yes?

157 posts in this topic

PadawanOsswe

not if your archery regiments get flanked their not. It depends on the tactics of the general, how he deploys his forces and the terrrain they are using, longbows did not make swords obsolete like guns did.

I didnt say it made swords obsolete, I'm just saying that Close quarters combat has allways been last resort to a smart leader

killing as many enemy as possible from a distance has been the main tactic for a smart leader :tu:

only an idiot would want to enage in close quarters without picking off a decent amount of enemies and without suppressing the enemy.

bathory

sigh the good old nuclear weapons argument

HurtingSpirit

jesse, aquatus made a good point. its simply the right if one so chooses to own a firearm, whats wrong with that?

there are restrictions you know? I cant go down to any old store and buy an AK. the average citezen can buy a bolt action or a semi-automatic firearm. but for an automatic you either

A. need to be Military or Law Enforcement

B. need to be a Class 3 firearms dealer.

C. have to have a fortune to get your license, weapon, and pay the taxes for the weapon.

...and above all else you would also need to have a background check.

they dont just hand over any firearm without question.

hehe, come to texas.. I can get an AK 47 out of the newspaper right now.. Also SKS's are listed too right now.

bathory

they won't be full auto, nor would they have a large magazine afaik

otherwise you'd be breaking the law:P

PadawanOsswe

I'm allready in Texas. The needed Class 3 license for ownership of full-auto weapons applies to Texas too.

bathory

that too:)

the average person can get an ak that has been modified to only fire in semi-auto, and with a limited magazine afaik

XNavyGunner

The AK's for sale and SKS are semi auto only. The SKS holds mainly 10 rounds but can b modified to hold more.