Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada blames U.S. for exporting gun violence

Fluffybunny

but keeping the gun away from him help to minime the damage he could done, and make more easy to trate the problem.

How do you keep a gun away from a criminal who wants one? They will commit a crime to get the gun if they want it bad enough. That is why these criminals are getting the guns illegally. You cannot simply just ban guns or keep the guns away from people. Look at what the alcohol prohibition did to the USA or what the war on drugs is doing now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PLO

• __Kratos__

• Stellar

• XNavyGunner

One of the main sources of weapons in criminals hands is, belive or not, legal weapons, usually robed to their owners, and the resseles in the black market. Other are legal lopholes to trafick weapons, , foregein weapons and raid int police/military depots.

By restricting the weapons in civilian hands, you get that the owners would be more capacitated to have the weapons, and you reduce on of the illegal weapons sources. Its a very complex process to reduce weapons inc riminal hands. But them, i dont know haw sucefull can be this in the USa whit the deep ingrained gun-culture the country had.

Black markets are created when there is a demand on a banned good. If there is a demand for guns anywhere in the world and if guns are banned there, prices will go up and people will jump in to make a good profit. To keep guns out of the hands of criminals you would have to eliminate every gun on the face of the earth. That is not possible. The higher the price of guns go the more people will be willing to produce them and sell them due to higher profits. You will never be able to keep guns out of the criminals hands. That is why gun bans only hurt the innocent who wish to protect themselves. The innocent follow the laws and don't buy the guns but the criminals find ways to get them.

I am sure you can decrease the amount of guns available to criminals but at what cost? It will not decrease the amount of crime, it will just decrease the amount of crimes committed with a gun.

.I am sure you can decrease the amount of guns available to criminals but at what cost? It will not decrease the amount of crime, it will just decrease the amount of crimes committed with a gun.

Its an start. The ommst violent crime, usually, involves a fire weapon.

"To keep guns out of the hands of criminals you would have to eliminate every gun on the face of the earth. That is not possible"

yes it is, what u do is stop making them.

not if they cant get the parts they cant, and even if they did, what, their gonna machine tool their own? theyd become so insanely exspensive your average criminal is not going to afford to buy them.

... what u do is stop making them.

So...the sport of hunting is out the window uh? Why? Because better control of convicts can't be done. It's not about guns or who makes them or sells them or even where they came from. It's about the criminals who use them. The way to solve this problem is to take a harsh stand against criminals. I would guess to say 90% or more of these crimes, (by guns) are from repeat offenders. If you want someone to blame then blame these judges who allow these defense attorney's loop holes for early releases or retrials. Don't blame the U.S. because some idiot in Canada took a gun and robbed a bank. Canada blame yourself, blame your own courts and attorney's for allowing it to happen. I'm not sure about the rest of the U.S. but where I'm from, crime has been on a decline since 9-11.

Jezzzz....be a "man" and except responsibility! ;)

no you blame the people who actually build and sell the guns. If people wanna kill people, fair enough but without the help of a gun i think you'll see crime go right down, beating a man to death with your fists or another weapon[though it does happen yes] is a far sight different than shootin them. Cease all forms of gun manufacturing world wide. If folk wanna hunt use a spear or bow and arrow and be real men.

"Real man" :rolleyes: A gun is a benefict to the animal in question as it kills them quicker then other methods most of the time. I don't want something I just speared to lay there and suffer in pain... I'd rather have them down quick & clean with a bullet.

What about sport shooting then? Their sports get taken away because a few people can't seem to behave themselves?

Edited by __Kratos__

basicaly yeah, then itd become a REAL sport havin to sprint after a deer and impale it with a javelin, as for pain?, man if your accurate u can kill them as instantly as a bullet. And even if u did miss, what you do is slice is throat open, if u miss with a gun your still gonna have to walk over to the thing and put another bullter in it or its gonna spend hours bleedin to death in agony.

....If folk wanna hunt use a spear or bow and arrow and be real men.

Your living in a fantasy world. Oh, by the way...people do hunt with spears, bows and arrows and you don't need to be a "real man" to hunt. :no:

"Your living in a fantasy world"

but you said people do hunt with spears AND bows and arrows. How can that be fantasy then?

and your right you dont have to be a real man too hunt, but it helps. Becuase lets be honest here, where does the idea of hunting come from?, DOMINANT ALPHA MALES KILLING TO PROVIDE, fact of nature.

Edited by PLO

"Your living in a fantasy world"

but you said people do hunt with spears AND bows and arrows. How can that be fantasy then?

and your right you dont have to be a real man too hunt, but it helps.

In a fantasy world, I mean your talk of not making guns or weapons anymore. That's been the dream of everyone whom have lost a loved one due to a gun. Again, it's not the guns fault though, it's the excon who pulls the trigger.

"it's the excon"

nice, i like that, not much time for re-habilitation thing?[yes most are repeat offenders i know]

well obviously it is fantasy, its never going to happen, however it is a simple solution to all the b****ing people are doing about something that while is not pointless, is completely out of their hands and no matter who blames who, nothign will change. This entire thread is fantasy if your going to take that kinda stance.

Their sports get taken away because a few people can't seem to behave themselves?

Wait... so you're saying your right to sport shoot is more important than peoples lives?

In a fantasy world, I mean your talk of not making guns or weapons anymore.

So let me be clear on this... you say we shouldnt ban guns because people are always going to make guns even illegally?

Toronto has been this bad for ages already :/

Wait... so you're saying your right to sport shoot is more important than peoples lives?

Just not sport shooting. :rolleyes: It's a right as an American to own a gun and there is no way in hell I see it possible the goverment disarming the mass population of citizens over some thugs with bad behavior. :tu:

So this right is more important than peoples lives?

"It's a right as an American to own a gun"

yeah thats kinda been taken out of historical context though, lets just be honest here. Owning a musket for shooting deer and trapin animals to feed your family on the frontier and the odd bit of revolutionary warfare, is just a tad different then owning a fully/semi-automatic weapon with excesive round capacity in densely populated, city suburban areas dont you think?

Edited by PLO

So this right is more important than peoples lives?

Yes.

"It's a right as an American to own a gun"

yeah thats kinda been taken out of historical context though, lets just be honest here. Owning a musket for shooting deer and trapin animals to feed your family on the frontier and the odd bit of revolutionary warfare, is just a tad different then owning a fully/semi-automatic weapon with excesive round capacity in densely populated, city suburban areas dont you think?

No. Then the goverments has the single shots... now today the goverment has emerged with large mag guns and such... so the right to bear arms is keeping with the goverment pretty much. :tu:

"so the right to bear arms is keeping with the goverment pretty much. thumbsup.gif"

so then i can park an M1A2 Abrams in my driveway whilst i sit on my rocking chair, on my porch polishing my shoulder mounted surface to air missle, surrounded by land mines and razor wire?

"so the right to bear arms is keeping with the goverment pretty much. thumbsup.gif"

so then i can park an M1A2 Abrams in my driveway whilst i sit on my rocking chair, on my porch polishing my shoulder mounted surface to air missle, surrounded by land mines and razor wire?

For one the Abrams would exceed the road limit for weight. :P But in general no, why I said pretty much. As I said in the other thread, right to bear arms, is and has been interpreted (not limited to) guns.

Pfft...everyone knows that an Abrams is for woosies. :rolleyes:

I keep a couple extra MOAB's around the house in case things get out of hand. You never know...being that it is so tough to get nukes these days, it is the next best thing and on top of that you do not have to worry about your lawn being radioactive after nuking the burglar.

LOL, fine then, i'll buy an old decomisioned soviet T-34[maybe a tiger, but thats kinda makin a statement, especially if i kept the swastikas on it lol], now theres a tank.