Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nintendo DS Discussion

ColonelJ

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neo2005

• AztecInca

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• AutumnDragon

Dude u can buy a new charger anywhere.

^lol I was about to post that.

EB have all the bloody accessories for all the consoles.

Something I noted at my local EB`s was that when the PSP came out it had this massive section dedicated to it while the DS just had a small section next to the gamecube. Yet within a month or two the PSP section shrunk dramatically while the DS section grew and grew. Now down under for Nintendo to get more room than Sony is unbelievable.

Edited by AztecInca

i have a ds,i lost the charger for it though so its been dead for like,2 months now

the DS can use an SP charger

^Yes it's exactly the same charger because they both run of the same lithuim-ion battery.

I think Nintendo owns and always shall own the handheld market i mean its what their best at :w00t: NINTENDO RULES!!!!!!!

Nintendo is the end all, be all of gaming. It OWNS everyone else. Period.

Nintendo Co. said Thursday it has sold about 13 million of its Nintendo DS handheld game systems worldwide, updating figures released two days earlier.

That's just crazy. I wonder what kind of impact MP:H will have on sales when it finally comes out.

That's just crazy. I wonder what kind of impact MP:H will have on sales when it finally comes out.

I feel like such a N00B for asking this.

But what is MP:H?

Metroid Prime hunters I would assume. I personally cant wait for that game and with the amount of interst shown by the public its sales will be phenomenal.

Speaking of Metroid Prime: Hunters, heres some great infor I just discovered.

Metroid Prime Hunters - Update

Posted on 08-01-2006 by Matt Ducky

A few new facts on Metroid Prime Hunters. Read on if you want to stay up-to-date on the upcoming shooter.

Gamepro Magazine supplied its readers with a few new facts on the upcoming 3D shooter on the Nintendo DS, Metroid Prime Hunters. Below, six of the most important parts:

1. Metroid Prime Hunters will have 5 different planets, and at least 25 different areas.

2. Weavel can split his body into two sections, one of which is a stationary automatic gun battery. It fires at anyone in the way of the mobile section.

3. Each bounty hunter will have his or her own ship. Designs will reflect similarities to the each bounty hunter's armor structure.

4. The Metroid Prime Hunters single-player adventure will be extremely non-linear. You (as Samus) are trying to get the special Alimbic artifacts, but if a rival hunter gets there before you, you must get in your ship, force down to a planet, and take the artifact from him.

5. Nintendo is trying to make each bounty hunter a separate entity. If Metroid Prime Hunters is a success, man may expect new Metroid games with protangonists other than Samus Aran.

6. The story of Metroid Prime Hunters takes place between Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2.

Info from: http://www.ds-x2.com/index.php?id=4713

1. Metroid Prime Hunters will have 5 different planets, and at least 25 different areas.

2. Weavel can split his body into two sections, one of which is a stationary automatic gun battery. It fires at anyone in the way of the mobile section.

3. Each bounty hunter will have his or her own ship. Designs will reflect similarities to the each bounty hunter's armor structure.

4. The Metroid Prime Hunters single-player adventure will be extremely non-linear. You (as Samus) are trying to get the special Alimbic artifacts, but if a rival hunter gets there before you, you must get in your ship, force down to a planet, and take the artifact from him.

5. Nintendo is trying to make each bounty hunter a separate entity. If Metroid Prime Hunters is a success, man may expect new Metroid games with protangonists other than Samus Aran.

6. The story of Metroid Prime Hunters takes place between Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2.

1. Cool

2. Okay.....

3. Neat.

4. I'll have to fight all of them I bet. :hmm:

5. I doubt they'll be new Metroid games without Samus.

6. I already knew that.

5. I doubt they'll be new Metroid games without Samus

I would assume they would have enough intelligence to retain Samus but also include other characters to play as also. Otherwise it would be a disaster.

Nintendo Apologizes for DS Shortages in Japan

January 09, 2006 07:21:40

"Apologizes" officially. "Kicking themselves" unofficially.

Nintendo of Japan recently gave a press release apologizing for the lack of available DS units. The holiday season is as large for retailers in Japan as it is in the U.S., and the DS was THE hot videogame item. More than 1.3 million units of hardware sold during the holiday rush (contrasted to the launch of the 360 in Japan, which sold less than 50k units in its first week). The DS has actually become the fastest selling system in Japanese history, with over 5 million units sold in that country alone. Worldwide sales are estimated to be around 13 million.

"During the year-end period, there was a shortage of our company's portable gaming system, the Nintendo DS, due to a flood of demand which far exceeded our expectations," said the release by Nintendo translated by YamaKiyo Press. "We greatly apologize for inconveniencing all of our customers and retailers."

Source: http://www.gamers.com/?run=news&news_id=5328

Go Nintendo Go!

At least the DS shortages weren't intentional like the 360's were. Microsoft was/is making the shortages to increase demand. So far, it hasn't worked that well.

Good, they might learn a thing or two about pleasing their costumers...

Well how were they to know it would become the the fastest selling system in Japanese history. Nintendo sales have always been strong over there but even their most optimistic estimates woudln`t have come close to the sales they have genereated. The GBA or Gamecube never sold like this amount this quickly. At least they are apologizing and are producing new systems as quickly as possible.

^Nice call dude

Thanks, what I am most shocked about microsoft is the fact that the live system hasn't officially been released in my country, if they did that, the sales would go trough the roof, I might even buy a Xbox 360 if they did that...

Huh, wait, I won't, I don't have 1000 euros to spent on a console (i'm including extra things, accessorys and games here) that will probably have problems with it's hardware...

I think that I'll just wait for the revolution like a good boy :innocent:

^Definatly a good idea.

Here have a treat :tu:

Nintendo DS redesign coming Jan. 16th?

Posted Jan 11th 2006 1:15PM by Christopher Grant

Filed under: Nintendo DS

First the Reggie let it slip that the little dual screen handheld that could was being considered for a fabulous makeover, then Japanese gaming mainstay Famitsu reiterated the idea. Now we have a rumor from well-regarded video game importers Lik-Sang that we may be treated to the new DS model as early as January 16th! They write, "... here at Lik Sang too we have received word a couple of days ago from a Japanese contact stating Nintendo will have a formal announcement of the re-design on Jan 16th." We'll have to wait... five more days...

Info from: http://culture.joystiq.com/2006/01/11/nint...oming-jan-16th/

The artist conception looks really cool.

But i'll be p***ed if this turns out to be true.

Some of them are quite impressive. I am personally hopeless at drawing with that stylus in pictochat.