Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BagoDemon

Shadow Sentinel

:blink: I have heard of the skinwalkers and they seem very much like the disription of what me and my girlfriend saw during a camping trip. I live around the South East Part of Texas and their is a myth that has been going around about a creature called, The Bagodemon, It is supposedly a purple whitish color that has red glowing eyes, it can stretch and moves around sticking itself from tree to tree like gum. The night me and my girlfriend saw it was about 4 months ago, we were hiking around 11:00 PM and we were hearing this grunting noises that sounded like a mix of a pig/weeping dog a few yards away ( or so we thought) after a few feet of walking a crud load of leaves start falling down from the trees above us, when we look up, I shined my flashlight to see what was making the leaves fall ( I thought it was a bird or a squirril of some sort) and as soon as the light hit's what I think was the bagodemon creature it screeches soooooo load that I almost fall to my knee's, my girlfriend shortly fainted a few sec's after the moment, but I'll never get that sound out of my head. It sounded like so many animals at once screaming in fear or anger. After the, I believe it was 15 second long screech it made a noise as if it was chuckling at us and jettasond one of it's arms to a nearby tree and left. It had the shape of a human male, only bald and instead of a face, all it had was a one pulsating red glow on it's forhead, it had scythe-like structures for hands. If any one knows of this thing or about skinwalkers, please post it on this forum page. :unsure:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadow Sentinel

• BigDaddy_GFS

• Paranormalcy

• kenshinx

The creature isn't mentioned very often because of how "ridiculous" most people think it is, but I think it could be some type of skinwalker or something.

"bago" is an intrinsic Spanish verb meaning "to pod" or "to go to seed". Since you're in Texas, this is likely the language where this name came from, though it could be someone in that area also.

I've never heard of... really, anything approaching this, though I am somewhat familiar with the skinwalker idea. Given your interest in... well, I'll just say you should check out the other skinwalkers thread if you haven't.

I have and it's really interesing, if anyone knows or has had any familiar expieriences with a creature like the one I described here, please post!!! :( I hope that there are more of these things!!!! I think :wacko:

I have and it's really interesing, if anyone knows or has had any familiar expieriences with a creature like the one I described here, please post!!! :( I hope that there are more of these things!!!! I think :wacko:

dude, creeeepy

'BattleAngel' knows all about skinwalkers. Check out their topics and threads.

Lapi'che

I have lived in Texas all my life , and I have never heard of the bagodemon. But I will ask a friend of mine. He is a native american and really knows alot about mythical legends of Texas.

Well, maybe it's not really 'Bagodemon'....

Could it be 'Bag-o-Demons'?????

A new product concocted by some as-yet-unseen siniister mastermind. inspired by the 'Barrel-o-Monkeys' toy created in decades past.

Or was was it supposed to be 'Bagel Demon'? You know, the dreaded scourge of the baked goods industry? If you were distrurbed by the Jason Biggs apple pie scene from 'Amrerican Pie', you dare not imagine what this fiend is capable of.

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS

This document of someone researching your myth in Texas posted this on a website... hope this helps understand what it could be. On this website this person writing this document has done extensive research on it saying they were once known as a type of WITCH.

http://www.geocities.com/asdzani/navajo/skinwalk.html

Interesting topic...

Matt

So, from what I know, a Skin Walker is suppose to be a creature made from Witchcraft? Sounds intresting. Does anyone have a picture or even a rough sketch of a Skin Walker?

<_< I still don't get a thing about what it's made of though, looks like some type of mud, OR possible ectoplasm or something. Man it's wierd. :no:

Well, maybe it's not really 'Bagodemon'....

Could it be 'Bag-o-Demons'?????

A new product concocted by some as-yet-unseen siniister mastermind. inspired by the 'Barrel-o-Monkeys' toy created in decades past.

Or was was it supposed to be 'Bagel Demon'? You know, the dreaded scourge of the baked goods industry? If you were distrurbed by the Jason Biggs apple pie scene from 'Amrerican Pie', you dare not imagine what this fiend is capable of.

Bwahahaha

Dude if you keep postin' stuff that funny you're gonna have to pony up some money to help me out with monitor costs...what with all the 7 Up spewing and all.

:D

kidd

So, from what I know, a Skin Walker is suppose to be a creature made from Witchcraft? Sounds intresting. Does anyone have a picture or even a rough sketch of a Skin Walker?

The similiarities that I can tell from Shadow's stories are the red glowing eyes and the agility. Skinwalkers seem pretty malformed when you see one really well (nothing I'd wish on my worst enemy, mind you). Haven't heard of any stretching but mostly lumpiness, odd bulges and extreme knee hyperextension (no great surprise because they have to be uber athletes.

I posted this link on the skinwalker thread but I'll repost it here. It's a wood carving of a skinwalker that is very accurate, though in this area, the jewelry is a bit much (maybe we have broke skinwalkers? lol).

Lawrence Jacquez's Skinwalker

I've heard a few people mention the Aztec version of a skinwalker before but haven't looked into it yet to verify. I believe it was called something like a nahual. The version I heard was that they had amber glowing eyes and also wore skins. Like I said, unverified info but if anybody has anymore info on the further south versions, I'd love to hear it.

I have check all over the net came up empty my advice is try your local library or bookstore most areas of the country have bunch of books written concerning ghost haunting, crytpo sightings and other paranormal things. Also if I was you I wouldn't go looking for in the woods until I had more information.

I've been thinking about going back, not shure though, I probably will this weekend with a few friends and if I get any footage of the thing I'll post it here.

Edited by Shadow Sentinel

B) It's been decided, me and 3 other friends are going to search the woods this weekend. We're bringing 3 digial cameras and 1 tape recorder and 3 video recorders. Hopefully it won't be a waste of time. :tu:

If you enjoy the hunt and pursuing a mutual goal with your friends, then its not a waste of time, "proof" or no proof. Good luck - update us when you're able.

B) It's been decided, me and 3 other friends are going to search the woods this weekend. We're bringing 3 digial cameras and 1 tape recorder and 3 video recorders. Hopefully it won't be a waste of time. :tu:

Ahem ....(cues catchy theme muisc)

This week, , on this episode of Paranormal Sportsman....

We venture to the Lone Star State, and join ShadowSentinel as he stalks the wild Bagodemon. This critter has been getting a little too big for his ectolasmic britches.

Strap yourselves in, kiddies, 'cause we're locked and loaded.

Next time, on American Paranrmal Sportsman....

We'll be in the Australian outback, looking for the one, the only..Megalania Prisca.

They don't call him the 'Big Ripper' for nothing!

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS

Good luck Shadow Sentinel happy hunting and I may say your braver than I am wouldn't go back out there without a 12 gauge , a 45 and couple of crosses. Did you ever determine the things in legend orgins you know witch, demon/spirit, or just plain crypto style monster.