Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Mysterious fish washs up on shore

PurpleStuart

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• SpaceyKC

• crosis

• LisaMHD

[blue]

I'm not a fish kinda expert. In fact I know little about fish other than I try to keep away from them (especially the big ones with teeth). But this one looks unusual. What are those yellow things running up and down its sides?

ick - throw it back image

[/blue]

PS,  thanks for the link.  It's a fascinating story!  I would have thought the marine life institute would have cared a little more than that!  It said even a sturgeon is a rare find.  Apparently to them,  not that rare!  I'm glad the people who found it called the tv station.  

KC

The cool thing here is that you can almost always count on the fact that their will be many more new marine life species popping up simply due to the fact that out of the whole earth.. the deep seas are probably the most uncharted territories we have.

I bet we have some really huge and sometimes freaky fish out there roaming around in the deep seas just waiting to come up from underneath you and snapping you down for a tasty treat!!!  ( I just described one of my biggest fears)

Anyways.... cool story

You can always delete your own posts you know  :)

That's okay Crosis!  I didn't know either!!  :st

(no comments from the rest of you please- I'm working on my 8000 posts)  :s04

Indeed a weird fish.

HHMMM wonder what it tastes like fried in batter and served with chips? Pass the salt and vinegar please.. :s07

;D

Fishy probably  :D

• 2 months later...

That thing doesn't really look a lot like the pictures. . .

I'm having trouble picturing that person's house... does it slope into the ocean? Do things crawl onto the porch and then die? How did it get that far...

Bad Spot! BAD! Put it back!  :s01

Tides bring in all the fish washed ashore.  It looks very sturgeon-like.  Strugeon aren't all that unpopular.  I've seen sturgeon spawning in the rivers of north Wisconsin.  

When I first seen the picture I thought it was a shark of some kind.

• 1 month later...

It looks most definetly Stergoen like but their colouring

is darker and mostly grey so it could be a new species.

New marine life is found all the time, one of the rarest sharks is the mysterious Megamouth. Since the first one was discovered in 1976, only 14 have ever been seen.

SpaceyKC - reading the old posts above - you made it past 800!!!

Thanks for noticing, PS!

But look at YOU!!!

1000+!!!!

:se    CONGRATULATIONS!   :se

Yup a legend in my own lunch time :)

• 7 months later...

It would be easyer to tell what it is if it was turned over. They should have turned it over first before taking the picture. dry.gif

I just found out what it is, its a Sturgen, for sure. I found another article on it on The Shadowlands Mysteries & The Unexplained page.

CLICK HERE to see the article, click on Sea Creatures & Lake Monsters, once you get there.