Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George W. Bush

QuantumE

GWB  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is GWB a good president?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. Who or what made you come to your conclusion the GWB is a bad president?

• Media
    • friends and family
    • First hand account

Picture me as an author. I have been tasked to write about YOU the reader, a biography on your life. I write the book, I publish it, I sell it in the bookstores. People read it and they think YOU are stupid, evil, and all around bad person. Why? Because I only chose to include the negative things that you have done in your life in my biography of you. That's not fair is it? Does that sound familiar? To alot of people it dosent. When you watch the news or read the newspapers, 75% of that media is giving you a biography on the negatives of one man, Along with some silly lies for icing. Alot of people have had their minds made up that George W. Bush is an idiot a moron etc etc. because theyve had it drilled into their heads from the media for 5 years. 75% of the media is liberal and do not like Bush, they will never say anything positive about him ever! The media is portraying an image and are succeding. Please do not let the media make up your mind. Do some research and you will see alot of good things that he's done that you never knew about. Gee I wonder why? If we only included the negatives about any on single person and never anything positive,we would naturally come to beleive he was evil. Open your eyes, and find the info on your own! Dont the media think for you. 9/11 was not Bush's fault, Katrina was not Bush's fault, Global warming is not Bush's fault, Bad intel on WMD's is not Bush's fault. I know alot of people will disagree with me, But I want to hear what everyone beleives on the subject and why you beleive so and what made you beleive so etc. I want to know what someone from the other side thinks and why they think that way. And please refrain from saying "Your wrong, Bush is a moron!" I want to know what you beleive, why you beleive, and what influences youve had on the beleif, such as the media or your family and friends etc. (Oh and please keep it civil.)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QuantumE

• PLO

• Stellar

• dnb420

Top Posters In This Topic

If you vote in the poll please post and explain your reasons.

Sometimes he is good, cause surely he isn't 100% stupid. He's done some good stuff... just the bad stuff will aways shine brighter in the eyes of the public.

The media is what tears Bush apart. Day in and day out there is some report about Bush's mistakes. I really love it when it all gets finished, the media goes back and says... oh he should have done that, this and oh yeah... why didn't he do that? when at the time there was no damn well way to know what was going on. But bad news always gets the ratings and that's what money hungry CEO's want.

And for this thread... I've seen it before... Pretty sure that one got closed on the account of dueling... :P

Sometimes he is good, cause surely he isn't 100% stupid. He's done some good stuff... just the bad stuff will aways shine brighter in the eyes of the public.

The media is what tears Bush apart. Day in and day out there is some report about Bush's mistakes. I really love it when it all gets finished, the media goes back and says... oh he should have done that, this and oh yeah... why didn't he do that? when at the time there was no damn well way to know what was going on. But bad news always gets the ratings and that's what money hungry CEO's want.

And for this thread... I've seen it before... Pretty sure that one got closed on the account of dueling... :P

Exactly, I agree 100%. Hopefully this thread wont be like the others though.

The media isn't responsible for his current image, rather it is his actions that have spoken much louder than any anchorman could have.

I voted for Bush primarily because I believed he would take us through the war in a good fashion, which I believe he did. I would not have voted for him, however, if I had known what a scientific idiot he is.

You're accusing the media of having an agenda? Look at the options in the second poll, please, and then tell me YOU don't have an agenda.

The media isn't responsible for his current image, rather it is his actions that have spoken much louder than any anchorman could have.

ah hah, but were do you hear about his actions? Yup the media. Again they only tell one side of the story and they twist it to make you beleive something else.

I voted for Bush primarily because I believed he would take us through the war in a good fashion, which I believe he did. I would not have voted for him, however, if I had known what a scientific idiot he is.

Eloborate please? Scientific idiot? What do you mean?

Edited by QuantumE

You're accusing the media of having an agenda? Look at the options in the second poll, please, and then tell me YOU don't have an agenda.

Whats wrong with my options in the second poll? Where else would you get info besides people you know and the media? Is there some secret source you have uncovered? What's my agenda? To find out why so many of you base your opinions on a our president from liberal media that only gives one side of the story and the negatives.

PLease, it's so obvious what answer you were expecting or hoping for and from what kind of people. As for the war, I don't think he meant the 2000 elections.

PLease, it's so obvious what answer you were expecting or hoping for and from what kind of people. As for the war, I don't think he meant the 2000 elections.

It should be obvious, It's in my first post :tu:

fact is, Bush isnt a good president, simple as that, anyone who says he is are entitled to that their opinion, but their wrong.

Edited by PLO

He isn't a good president. But he isn't the worse. Though I think he's down their with Hoover, Nixon, and Clinton.

Eloborate please? Scientific idiot? What do you mean?

The two first things that pop to mind was the public support of the insertion of creationism alongside evolution in the public school science curriculum, and the creation of a peer review board for scientific publications populated by members of political office, as opposed to actual scientists.

fact is, Bush isnt a good president, simple as that, anyone who says he is are entitled to that their opinion, but their wrong.

Why are they wrong?

why are they right?

Why is who right?

becuase their not wrong, making them right. The people that are not right are the people that are wrong.

Edited by PLO

As for an opinion of someone outside the United States looking in, Bush is a terrible foreign diplomat. And internationally he is viewed as a fool. Whether or not you lot believe he is or isn’t, it doesn’t matter. You don’t have much of a leg to stand on when the entire rest of the planet thinks you’re a tit. I personally don’t even listen/read anything having to do with him because he simply does my head in. Of course I don’t care much for my present leader either so I apologise if I come across as a bit negative.

Cheers! :D

becuase their not wrong, making them right. The people that are not right are the people that are wrong.

who is right and who is wrong amd what are they right or wrong about, what exactly is it your talking about?

I personally don’t even listen/read anything having to do with him because he simply does my head in.

See, the media is portraying only the negatives on him, so everytime you listen/read it's always bad stuff, I dont blame you for wanting to hear about negative things all the time. But dont let the media turn him into something he's not.

See, the media is portraying only the negatives on him, so everytime you listen/read it's always bad stuff, I dont blame you for wanting to hear about negative things all the time. But dont let the media turn him into something he's not.

The media only does stories on Bush that have to do with international affairs. The only stories i've seen that portray him as stupid is when he confuses his words. My dad even calls him 'a destroyer of the english language'

The poll results are not suprising...

Is GWB a good president?

Yes [ 0 ] [0.00%]

No [ 10 ] [66.67%]

Sometimes [ 5 ] [33.33%]

Edited by Dowdy

The media only does stories on Bush that have to do with international affairs. The only stories i've seen that portray him as stupid is when he confuses his words. My dad even calls him 'a destroyer of the english language'

The poll results are not suprising...

Is GWB a good president?

Yes [ 0 ] [0.00%]

No [ 10 ] [66.67%]

Sometimes [ 5 ] [33.33%]

Next time your in front of an audience of more than 300 or so people with every news outlet filming you, well see if you confuse a word or two hmm?