Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George W. Bush

QuantumE

GWB  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is GWB a good president?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. Who or what made you come to your conclusion the GWB is a bad president?

• Media
    • friends and family
    • First hand account

He can be good at times. I like his attitude on the UN, but he's clueless on the border. Iraq? He dropped the ball bigtime. Tax cuts I like keeping more of my money. He really fudged it on Katrina. Amazing how when the tsunami hit other countries, aid was on the ground right away, and when the hurricanes hit Fla., brother Jeb had help on the ground before they were over. But new Orleans? I've gone to the dentist faster than aid got there.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QuantumE

• PLO

• Stellar

• dnb420

Top Posters In This Topic

I screwed up and chose the media. I have also had first hand experience.

Bush is bad, he is pro-big government. The vast majority of the media is pro-big government. It does not matter if they are leaning to the right or the left. We all should criticize those who we elect heavily. They are making choices that determine how we live.

As for Bush, what has he really done that was good? I still had to cut a check to the government last year and I will more than likely have to cut a larger one this year. I have seen nowhere that taxes were lowered. Maybe a few people got tax cuts because of kids or other reasons at the expense of me and others. Bush has allowed the national debt to skyrocket. The inflation that will decrease the value of my saved dollars may be worse to me than all of the taxes I paid this year. Bush has yet to veto a single bill. He waged a war of agression against two nations. He has lied time and time again. He has pushed and supported the Patriot Act. He spends more and more on Medicaid.

Really, Bush has not done an ounce of good. Sure some people benefited from his decisions but I surely did not.

The leader of the so called conservative party is everything but conservative.

Edited by I am me

He can be good at times. I like his attitude on the UN, but he's clueless on the border. Iraq? He dropped the ball bigtime. Tax cuts I like keeping more of my money. He really fudged it on Katrina. Amazing how when the tsunami hit other countries, aid was on the ground right away, and when the hurricanes hit Fla., brother Jeb had help on the ground before they were over. But new Orleans? I've gone to the dentist faster than aid got there.[/quote[

Agree on UN

Agree on illegal immigration

Agree on Tax Cuts

Disagree on Iraq

Disagree on Katrina (blame state/local government for the big mess)

i dislike the way he's handled the War against islamic fundamentalism rhetoric, Bush and his speech writers have done a pretty crappy job at explaining it.

i dislike the religious aspect of Bush's presidency, and pandering to the christian conservatives

i dislike his stance on evolution

i dislike his crappy public speaking skills, yet his continual insistance to have the most exposure of any president, as well as often ad libbing parts of speeches.

of course, one always has to remember it was Bush or Kerry, south park said it best

Giant douche vs turd sandwich

good/bad seems relative with perspective...

he certainly seems the most Contested. Just about every word/decision is ridiculed and resisted. Amazing he's been able to get anything done at all with the force of opposition he's had since the day he was no longer the Governor of Texas. Dems/Reps here united under him, on the national stage I guess there's no such thing as cooperation. Dems won't accept unity if bribed. Ok, maybe if bribed they'll say something nice on TV for a few seconds, but then back to "Bush is a Monkey Idiot! Really he is!"

This is just my opinion but I think what the main problem with all the discussion on president bush's job performance (not only on this site but in general) is that the majority of people are so extreme now. Either very extreme left or right and so blindly follow their party that they can't step back and look at the facts and form an opinion of their own (I do not mean this in a derogatory way, this is just what I've noticed). I was a supported of Bush's in the beginning of his 1st term, then my support started getting lower and lower as religion seemed to be playing a bigger and bigger part of the running of this country and the Iraqi war seemed more and more pointless especially since the one man who every american wanted to see punished (Bin laden of course) is still, 5 years later, nowhere to be found. Then came the 2004 election campaign which was so hateful and vilified anybody who disagreed in any way with the current administration and rather than trying to unite a country that was and is still healing from 9/11 made everybody more terrified and hateful than ever. After that everything just seemed to go down hill, at least in my view. To me, what was really the straw that broke the camels back was the katrina response, while people were drowning, committing suicide, resorting to looting just to feed and clothe their families and sitting on their roofs waiting for some kind of help (they sure got help to the victims of the tsunami and the pakistani earthquake fast, faster than they did to our own people) bush was still on vacation for another few days, the most disgusting thing is that if he had gotten off his vacation or even just paid a little more attention those who couldn't afford to could have been evacuated even before the hurricane hit and who knows how many lives could have been saved? On top of all of this the deceit, corruption and pure lies that have been coming from the top officials recently, along with more greed then i think any of us realize and the attempt to completely destroy anybody who publicly disagrees with their agenda and the role of religion in government now just seems to be pushing our country further and further back.

Personally, I think it's long overdue that we all put politics aside, at least for the time being, and looks at the facts and how hateful, corrupt, greedy and just plain cruel the people running our country (in both parties) are becoming. Is this really what we want to become? And why are we getting into such heated and nasty debates about these people? Let me ask this, what do these people who were born into money and sheltered and handed everything their whole lives really know about life? I mean really, lets call a spade a spade, these people know nothing about what life is really like. Someone like John McCain who was held for years as a prisoner of war, he knows what life is really like, not someone who skipped out on his patriotic duty (and then sends thousands of young men and women to fight his war) and is (arguably) only in office because of his family background.

I will stop my babbling now lol, but my point is that I think its time to stop fighting over who out of all these greedy corrupt selfish men is the "best" and start looking at the facts and forming opinions of our own before we end up like all the other great societies in history, Rome, Greece, etc. and become just that....history. :blink:

Great first post Jk.... :tu:

....welcome to UM.

Great first post Jk.... :tu:

....welcome to UM.

Thanks Michelle:-) I've been a lurker for a while but finally decided to get involved in some of the discussion:-)

were the way we are becuase we are so similiar to ancient civilizations, not a whole lot has changed since the days of the extreme far right Roman republic. The paralells are pretty obvious, its just that kings and politicians dont have the money anymore, corporations do.

Id like to note that half of the people have gotten their info from the media. Half of who voted in here are being given the negative one side of the story, which is affecting their choices. But I never knew alot of the people on here knew Bush personally as they voted for first hand account!

yeah but the question isnt wether or not he's actually an ******* but wether or not he's a good president. But considering what he's actually done with the legalitys of his poistion[or rather his dad and all his friends that have the gun to george jnrs head] it's pretty safe to say he's not the sharpest knife.

I was curious about that as well, Quantum.... :hmm:

yeah but the question isnt wether or not he's actually an ******* but wether or not he's a good president. But considering what he's actually done with the legalitys of his poistion[or rather his dad and all his friends that have the gun to george jnrs head] it's pretty safe to say he's not the sharpest knife.

I think alot of the people need to take into account that these are very troubling times, and Bush just happened to be in office during these times. Compared to what life was like before 2001 things have changed for the worst. And alot of people seem to be inclined towards the presidency being at fault and its not.

I was curious about that as well, Quantum.... :hmm:

lol, i put that in there to see how many would choose it, and to see if they would take this thread seriously.

i thin kwhat needs to be noted is that he isnt just in office during these troubling times, his dad put him in office to further whatever agenda he concocted whilst he was in the presidency, i.e making sh** loads of money to compete with the various hierarchies of rich and powerful familys in that country.

i thin kwhat needs to be noted is that he isnt just in office during these troubling times, his dad put him in office to further whatever agenda he concocted whilst he was in the presidency, i.e making sh** loads of money to compete with the various hierarchies of rich and powerful familys in that country.

What are they making money from?

I think alot of the people need to take into account that these are very troubling times, and Bush just happened to be in office during these times. Compared to what life was like before 2001 things have changed for the worst. And alot of people seem to be inclined towards the presidency being at fault and its not.

I absolutely agree with you, if you look at the history of the presidency there have been a number of presidents who were (for lack of a better term) "victims" to the circumstances of the times they were in. It is just my opinion but in regards to 9/11 I think a lot of it is really due to the circumstances rather than to specifically the president, at the same time though, I think recently many of the decisions and in many cases lack there of, of the current administration has been irresponsible, in some cases hateful and in others even dangerous. What I would really like to see is more of a concern for the American people and less of a concern for politics (which when you really get down to it is completely worthless) and appeasing supporters. I mean, this is Bush's 2nd term, he can't be re-elected so he can basically do as he pleases (within reason of course) with minimal reprecutions, as i said this should give more of an incentive to worry about what is best for the American public as a whole rather than just the rich and those who support him politically.

the Iraqi war seemed more and more pointless especially since the one man who every american wanted to see punished (Bin laden of course) is still, 5 years later, nowhere to be found.

sigh, Bin Ladin is a meaningless trophy, finding him (assuming he isn't dead) wouldn't do anything to stop Islamic terrorism. Iraq is an attempt to democratise and deradicalize the middle east. The idea is to create a working, democratic, prosperous middle eastern nation. Radical islam is a byproduct of its culture/society, not a reaction to outside forces.

Its kind of disturbing that people don't get this

I absolutely agree with you, if you look at the history of the presidency there have been a number of presidents who were (for lack of a better term) "victims" to the circumstances of the times they were in. It is just my opinion but in regards to 9/11 I think a lot of it is really due to the circumstances rather than to specifically the president, at the same time though, I think recently many of the decisions and in many cases lack there of, of the current administration has been irresponsible, in some cases hateful and in others even dangerous. What I would really like to see is more of a concern for the American people and less of a concern for politics (which when you really get down to it is completely worthless) and appeasing supporters. I mean, this is Bush's 2nd term, he can't be re-elected so he can basically do as he pleases (within reason of course) with minimal reprecutions, as i said this should give more of an incentive to worry about what is best for the American public as a whole rather than just the rich and those who support him politically.

I completely agree with you Jk57j, there were many unlucky circumstances that Bush couldn't control one way or the other, and gets blamed for them in turn.

~The Albatross~

I kinda wanted to take the post to task on the "points" made, but hey, it's his 1st post... plenty of future to go. :)

Proper perspective is so important.

Welcome to UM Jk57j.

sigh, Bin Ladin is a meaningless trophy, finding him (assuming he isn't dead) wouldn't do anything to stop Islamic terrorism. Iraq is an attempt to democratise and deradicalize the middle east. The idea is to create a working, democratic, prosperous middle eastern nation. Radical islam is a byproduct of its culture/society, not a reaction to outside forces.

Oh I get that, you're missing my point though. 9/11 was used as the rationalization to go to war in Iraq, at least at first. It seems kind of disturbing to me that we were lead to war and thousands of young men and women are being killed and maimed based on a lie and giving the benefit of the doubt, faulty intelligence. I think everybody agrees that war should be an absolute last resort and if we have to come to that we should based on truth and fact not speculation and deceit. And while I will admit its very selfish of me to think this, but after everything this country has been through it seems that the 1st concern should be the safety and healing of the American people (which I know many say is what we are doing in Iraq but it seems to me that going to war with a nation based on, like i said speculation and deceit while in the meantime causing the rest of the world to hate us is both dangerous and irresponsible), not worrying about creating a democracy in a middle eastern nation, at least not as a first priority. Maybe it's just me but I always thought the responsibility of the president was to take care of the American people first.

The media isn't responsible for his current image, rather it is his actions that have spoken much louder than any anchorman could have.

ditto

You have to watch out on these forums. There are a lot of ignorant republicans. They never like to admit their wrong and go nuts once you ask questions or question authority. It's not their fault but rather the way they were brought up. They were raised to not ask questions and do as your told, believe everything they are told. This is why Republicans have lower IQ's, most of them are rednecks who can't handle change. Sad really...

Edited by dnb420

They have never asked for it, and that's what I find disturbing. If you try to "democratize" a country(to no avail), that doesn't even want to be "democratized"(they didn't even have the option of NOT having a democracy, but at least they are FREE now :rolleyes: ), you are either blind and deaf or the dumbest man on earth......or you have different plans with that country.

Link

Ignore the emotional whining part, you should get the idea.

Edited by Snake_6024

You have to watch out on these forums. There are a lot of ignorant republicans. They never like to admit their wrong and go nuts once you ask questions or question authority. It's not their fault but rather the way they were brought up. They were raised to not ask questions and do as your told, believe everything they are told. This is why Republicans have lower IQ's, most of them are rednecks who can't handle change. Sad really...

Dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble.

Please, I'd like to see any study that has revealed this...

Edited by Stellar

ditto

All I can hope, is more people speak what they really think, like you do. It makes honest discussion SOooo much easier than the ones that try to pass off emotional arguments with rational ones. I hope you really think this rhetoric sways others to see your point of view. Keep it up tiger!

I'm sorry, wasn't this supposed to be civil? Glad I'm not a Republican! I'd be laughing too hard. Dunno who I feel worse for.

The media is very much responsible for his image, around the world. Why do so many sheep think Clinton was so great if not for the media telling us so?

Ever compare the reporting of Clinton's "military actions" to Bush's? Seriously. Ever compare the reporting done? Ever wonder why you have the impressions you do? No? You just know Bush is an Idiot bent on spreading Christian Bigotry and making money off of Oil. Ever study marketing and sales "tricks"? Ever think about how News is Packaged and sold to consumers?

Those dang ignorant Rednecks. :rolleyes: