Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George W. Bush

QuantumE

GWB  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is GWB a good president?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. Who or what made you come to your conclusion the GWB is a bad president?

• Media
    • friends and family
    • First hand account

"Why do so many sheep think Clinton was so great"

mostly his economic policies which did actually work and i think they were designed simply to boost the americans coffers for this little "war on terror" nonesense their involved in now, but like anyone otehr president he has the blood of thousands on his hands one way or another.

its just about money and the excuse to make it, any way possible.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QuantumE

• PLO

• Stellar

• dnb420

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cepr.net/publications/financial..._2005_03_20.pdf

I know some can't open pdf files, so an excerpt:

Short-Term Gain for Long-Term Pain:

Center for Economic and Policy Research

November 11, 2005

Paper presented at the Hofstra University 11th

Presidential Conference: William Jefferson

Clinton, the “New Democrat” from Hope.

Introduction

A mythology has developed around the economics of the Clinton era. According to the mythology, the policies designed by Clinton’s Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin laid the basis for the prosperity of the late 1990s. These policies centered on getting the deficit down, and later running budget surpluses. The short-term pain associated with higher taxes and lower spending had a payoff in the form of more investment, more rapid productivity growth, higher job growth and rising real wages and income.

This is nice mythology, but it is almost completely at odds with the reality. The growth burst of the late 1990s had little to do with deficit reduction (at least directly) and had everything to do with two unsustainable bubbles – a stock market bubble and a dollar bubble. The

Clinton administration chose to ride the prosperity from these bubbles, even though it should have recognized that this prosperity was artificial, and would inevitably lead to a crash, followed by a painful adjustment process.

And while this paper has IMO a narrow focus, it's right on the money considering other aspects of the economy at the time as far as Clinton Riding the Prosperity... he, and the media on his behalf, Claimed the prosperity in his name.

Thus, all the regurgitation on the wonderful "Clinton Economy". The dot com-ers loved it.

I think hes an idiot for restricting funding and banning the use of stem cells from embryros that were going to be thrown out anyway.

but I believe he made a good choice to go into iraq

ditto

You have to watch out on these forums. There are a lot of ignorant republicans. They never like to admit their wrong and go nuts once you ask questions or question authority. It's not their fault but rather the way they were brought up. They were raised to not ask questions and do as your told, believe everything they are told. This is why Republicans have lower IQ's, most of them are rednecks who can't handle change. Sad really...

I asked that this topic be civil. If you cannot hold back your urges to spurt racist insults or about peoples IQ's then do not participate in this topic. What's sad really is that you refer to anyone who disagrees with you as a low IQ redneck who was somehow raised wrong. :rolleyes: If you have nothing of reasonable importance to say, do not say anything.

you crazy?

Perhaps, but whats even crazier is you havent answered my question yet with facts and evidence. :)

PLO, like i said before, these republicans are ignorant and don't really want to listen to what you have to say. It's like talking to a brick wall. Let them live in their own little worlds.

Oh yeah and BTW, we don't need to provide all the facts...

OPEN YOUR EYES!

Are you really that blind, QuantumE?

Its not that you dont need to provide all the facts, its just that you cant provide any.

Look at part of Stellar's profile...

"The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his! ---Patton"

Typical for an ignorant republican. Go join the herd, sheep...

You don't deserve for anyone to provide facts for you, do your own research. No one wants to help out close minded people such as yourself.

Edited by dnb420

lol right, heres a fact, people pay taxes.

:blink: So your saying the taxes the people pay go straight to the president!? I think you need to go back to elementary school and learn about how our government works. :tu:

QuantumE, just at the top of the page at the poll stats.

'nuff said, now go join the herd.

LOL, man if you cant even conduct an intelligable arguement dont bother eh. Despite your sarcasm, your saying that the president doesnt then have acces to those funds for goverment budgeting?, thast where taxes go in our country, to our goverment.

Hahaha. Much amusement. I'm not an ignorant republican. If you'd bother to look into my posts, you'd realise why I have that in my profile. You seem to ignorant of the reason though... A person doesnt have to be an ignorant republican to disagree with your fanatical posts.

You don't deserve for anyone to provide facts for you, do your own research.

Typical excuse for someone who doesnt have any facts to back himself up. Resort to calling other people names and say they dont "deserve" it. Pfft.

No one wants to help out close minded people such as yourself.

You dont want to help out closed minded people? Then its your fault you have Bush. You claim to have all this proof, yet you dont wish to help others see it. A closed minded person cant help being who he is as much as you can help him by showing him this so called proof. You're just lazy it appears.

Look at part of Stellar's profile...

"The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his! ---Patton"

You don't deserve for anyone to provide facts for you, do your own research. No one wants to help out close minded people such as yourself.

Speaking of doing your own research, I take it none of your opinions were formulated from the media? On another note do you even know what a republican is? Or even a Democrat for that matter?

How about this, provide some facts that Bush is a good president...

QuantumE, just at the top of the page at the poll stats.

'nuff said, now go join the herd.

What herd? The herd that chooses not to be fooled by the media into portraying something that isnt there? And you call others close-minded, how ironic. Keep looking at the world through an opaque window.

How about this, provide some facts that Bush is a good president...

Toppled a dictator who was a mass murderer of his own innocents.

Initiated a war on global terror, so next time your on vacation a terrorist will not be able to hijack your plane and crash it into something.

^^^ that alone has outdone anytting any other president has done in a long time. Shall I go on, or is that not good enough for you?

so your basicaly a right wing republican then?

First of all you have no idea how our goverment works, how do you hope to argue anything with me that has to do with the goverment? Do you even know what a right wing republican is?

man your a crazy dangerous neo-con. Madness i say.

:blink: LOL

Oh, another thing. What would the typical knowledgable democrat's take be on this? The object of war is to die for your country? Is that it? :rolleyes:

How about this, provide some facts that Bush is a good president

Did I say he was a good president?

Now... show me your facts...