Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is anyone going to the Fortean Times Uncon?

NessyK

Is anyone going to the Fortean Times Unconvention at the Commonwealth Institute, London 6-7th April?

Unfortunately, I can't go now and I am dying to know what the speakers are like this year.

Paul Deveraux is speaking on "The Magic Cattle sheds of Ireland" :se

Doc Shiels is talking about my personally favourite subject "Invocatory Sculpturs of Sea Monsters" (well, I am a Nessy!)

Lionel Fanthorpe is talking about "The World's most Fortean Object"  (What is it?  I'm dying to know!)

And Doug Skinner of the USA is talking about "How Data gets Damned"  (A good one for Gizzie, perhaps?)

amongst others.

(See P13 of this month's FT)

If anyone is going, can they let us know all about it?

Ta! :st

NessyK

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• crosis

• Tommy

• Crow

Nessy,

Yes, in fact, Tommy (I'm sorry, Prince Thomas, heir to the paranormal throne) :D  is going to be going to the convention. A couple of us got together a few weeks ago in chat and pestered him until he finally agreed to make the trip.  :su  He will be our official reporter and has promised to submit a detailed report with numerous pictures to us when the convention is over. In return, we promised not to slap him around and/or ban him from the chat room for the next two months.  :s04  

Magikman  :s02

i may be able to make it on the 6th, though Bryony (pixieassassin on this forum) won't cos she'll be in Bradford that weekend.

:s2

It’s true, they’re making me go. image

*lol* Nessy, you just blew the cover of my surprise special report of the year!  :s04

Yep, I’ll be going on the 6th. May see you there PS!  :s03

I’ll be armed with my silver Olympus Zoom 140, and 150 sheets of W.H.Smiths finest!  :D

I haven’t decided who I want to see yet.  Some of the topics I’m interested in are being covered at the same time.  :-/ but I’m still really looking forward to it.  :s03

You can find out more about it here:

https://www.ifgsubscriptions.co.uk/uncon2002/visitors/conference.html

(Prince) Tommy   8)

:sq

Well i shouldn't be too hard to spot if i do go - i'll be the one who is 6'3", dressed in black, biker boots, leather jacket and has purple hair. ;D

PS,

I envision a dramatic increase in sightings of the 'Jersey Devil' among conventioneers if you do make an appearance.  :o  :s07  :)

Sorry to hear that pixie wacker won't beable to go with you.  :(  ***frantically checking 'bargain' airfairs to Bradford, England around the beginning of April*** drool, drool, slobber....... :sk

Magikman  :D

*Anyone know where I can find a cheap 'non-orb' producing camera?

Hey all :) I'm planning on going along too.........I'll be the little 5'2" diddy thing.......easily missed, don't stand on me :P

well if everyone just looks out for me we should all be able to meet up!

......but what if, let's say there are two 6'3" guys all in black, biker boots and purple hair......or *shudders* more than two? *lol*

oh, good point.

*thinks*

I'll be the one at the bar.  :D

They do have a bar i hope  ;D

well if you want a totally unique identifier, the NIN logo i use as my avatar on this forum is painted on my jacket  ;D

Awesome, so three of us shall be making the journey.  :D

Crow, are you going on the 6th as well? I’ll keep an eye out for everyone.   :D

I would hope that I would recognise you both, but I guess we’ll have to see.  :sk

I would put my description as 6’00, short dirty blonde hair, wearing jeans; but I don’t think it would really help.  :sh

I guess that report has been split 3 ways now.  8)

Tommy

8)

I'll report on the bar facilities then, make sure theres no paranormal incidences there, mysteriously emptied glasses et al   ;D

Whats stopping you?

thats a bummer. what you do?

Cool

I've done a bit of paintball at electrowerkz, but that was a few years ago

Yeah but all the marshalls i know are crack shots, able to hit a nozzle of a gun poking roung the wall... in the dark!