Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Near-complete Titanosaurus discovered

UM-Bot

Image credit: PLoS
Image credit: PLoS
Argentine paleontologists have discovered the largely intact skeleton of a young titanosaurus that lived 71 million years ago. "What's extraordinary about this is that the remains were articulated, as if the animal had fallen or lain down and remained that way.

There were no signs that it was preyed on," local media reported geologist and paleontologist Bernardo Gonzalez Riga as saying.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• GreyWeather

• SureFire

• Glacies

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd post an image, as that picture is kinda miss-leading, makes it appear it has carnivorus teeth :lol:

user posted image

awesome discovery! I guess looking for oil has... a tiny few good things that happen meanwhile.

Edited by Leliel

Thanks for the picture it put things into perspective a little better. I first thought it was a small raptor like creature. Who knows what other fossils we will find in the future. :tu:

yeah, thanks for the pic...the titanosaurus skull and teeth are greatly misleading...course I do wonder what the brainstorming sessions would be like, naming their respective sub species and whatnot? "uhhh, gigantosaurus...nahhh, let's go for the wow factor here....supermassivemegahuuuugeosaurus...less wow...ok..."

Yeah, my mind shouldn't be allowed to wander...