Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Xyfer

Canada wins GOLD

Xyfer

What is bigger and better news then Canada beating Russia (to win gold) in the 2006 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP with a score of 5-0? (Finland beats the US to win bronze) Not only that, but Team Quebec beats the United States and wins gold at the 2006 World under 17 hockey challenge with a score of 5-2. You don’t have to be a hockey fan to be proud of what we have done. I sure am. :tu:

Celumnaz

Congratulations! I don't follow Hockey, but I'm sure it was Well Earned. WTG! :)

jeceris

good game if you're a canadian.

the russians looked a little too cocky and brian sutter sures knows how to coach, nice game from the entire team, not a few stars which is what the russians were trying to do, setting up malkan and all.

there was a lot of good hits, and the russians never like that, they started to take a few dives in the latter part of the game, and i hate when they turn into that.

anyway, good for canada and next year will be interesting, with possibly two staal brothers on the team.

and if you're american , you've got to be disapointed in your teams perfromance, on paper, the best team there, but couldn't get the stars together to play like a team.

4 of the top 5 draft picks this year will be american kids from that team.

anyway, always a good tourney and really good fast aggressive hockey.

Thanato

great game, i saw it intermidently through out the night, gotta be proud of TC eh :P

~Thanato