Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do u belive in heaven

super non beliver

do u belive in heaven  

42 members have voted

1. 1. do u belive in heaven

• yes
    • i think it is bull honky
    • only if i am wasted

I believe in Heaven. Living life without hope would be depressing.

I don't think we have to have hope of an afterlife to have a happy life. Heaven I think is anywhere that our souls go when we die (another dimension) but I do wonder if some deceased hang around to look after living relatives and loved ones. They are guardian angels. When all of our loved ones are together again in the afterlife, we can all decide to reincarnate again together.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jagerthorn

• Pontius Pilate

• Beckys_Mom

• Yelekiah

Sorry, but I dont believe in heaven it would be a nice thought though.

Heaven is a place for people who need to believe in a higher plain or existance, or a place to meet their maker and dead relatives. Im not a religious person so I dont need to buy into a heaven theory.

Sorry, but I dont believe in heaven it would be a nice thought though.

Heaven is a place for people who need to believe in a higher plain or existance, or a place to meet their maker and dead relatives. Im not a religious person so I dont need to buy into a heaven theory.

:o Well if it isn't Welsh sean Shaun long time no post..how have you been these days?

YEAH I Think You Would ^_^

So are you super human huh....dude if your dead you wont know...no one has come back to tell the tale ^_^

:yes::tu:

No I think heaven and hell are just nice embellishments. I do, however, believe in reincarnation.

I would second this idea. I believe that your soul goes from life to life continuing to learn from each life. The fact that we do not remember from life to life what has happened is do to the fact that we must start over again to learn. Once we die, we enter the interlife and we review our past lives to determine whether we have accomplished that particular goal. After this we decide on what kind of life we want/need to take on next in order to further progress our knowledge. Once we have learned all that we can in this world we will once again become one with the Source. However, an interpretation of the Source could be moving on to another form of life or existence elsewhere in the Universe in order to gain more knowledge. Once we have completed the full cycle we will be able to lend guidance to other souls seeking the same knowledge and thus existing within the etherreal realms.

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite insulting.

I firmly believe in God, heaven, and hell. I'm not a religious person, as I do not believe in typical denominational characteristics and guidelines. I don't NEED to believe in anything. I choose to believe in what I believe because I want to.

Everyone is looking for answers. If you're 100% content with everything, and you feel that you've achieved everything, then what else is there? What's the point of continuing your existence?

The ultimate "need" in human nature is to find out what's on the other side of the fence, whether that be literally looking into your neighbor's yard over your fence, or finding out what's on the other side of death. Which fence you want to look over is merely a choice. Some people choose to prepare themselves for today, some for a vacation in a week, and others for the afterlife.

No matter how you look at it, your ultimate destination in life is to die. You can't fault ANYONE for wanting to be prepared for the possible aftermath of the inevitable outcome of their existence.

I firmly believe in God, heaven, and hell. I'm not a religious person,
With respect Knightmeir....You believe in God BUT you are not religious? :huh:

With respect Knightmeir....You believe in God BUT you are not religious? :huh:

If you look at the dictionary term, I see how it can be viewed as a contradiction. I associate being "religious" with being a part of a denomination, sect, etc... basically anything with a label. The reason for this is because denominations tend to take what they read and either twist it, or misinterpret it. I don't want to associate myself with a group of people that say "I'm right, you're wrong..." It's every person's choice to believe what they will, and I don't want to be a part of a damning group.

I believe in the Bible, I believe in Christ. But I will not call myself a Christian for the simple fact that I am nothing like Jesus. Christian = Christ-like, and I personally feel wrong with calling myself a Christian because it is supposed to represent something that is pure, which I am not, and can never be.

It's not a matter of revolting against the "machine" or being a non-conformist. It's just a matter of personal conviction : )

Christian = Christ-like,

Don't know where you got that meaning...according to the dictionary, Christian means one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ. So from what you have reported your beliefs are, you are a Christian. If we went by the "Christ-like", there would never have been a Christian in this world, including the founder!

No matter how you look at it, your ultimate destination in life is to die. You can't fault ANYONE for wanting to be prepared for the possible aftermath of the inevitable outcome of their existence.

Very good thought, Knightmeir. Most of your opinion seems to align very well with mine.

Pontius Pilate - As far as I'm concerned, a huge book filled with words called 'Dictionary' doesn't go as so deep as we'd like it to when it comes to religion. Religion is so much more than what a simple Webster's definition views it as :).

That's your personal opinion and opinions are like anuses - everyone has one! Dictionaries are what rules language and the definition of Christianity is a linguistic execise and comes under language....what the defintion says stands. Christians are very good at trying to talk around subjects, usually to no avail! Knight by definition is a Christian. By his definition, even the founder of his religion is not a Christian.

That's your personal opinion

Well now, that defeats the purpose, doesn't it ;)?

PS - If you really want to get technical, there's been people born without anuses. But that's off the subject, really :sleepy:...

Edited by TheThirdAngel

PS - If you really want to get technical, there's been people born without anuses

But if they survived more than a day or two, they had one created surgically. But that is also off subject.

But that also depends if they have a lower intestine as well.

Somehow I really can't link this subject to Heaven's existence. What about you?

Edited by TheThirdAngel

I believe you go to an after life for 5 years then get reincarnated.

I think that might be possible, but I question the 5 years, seems too short. Especially since some of the better documented cases of reincarnation were decades between the lives. :yes:

That's quite insulting.

How is it insulting? :hmm: The guy obviously does not believe in heaven..thats his opinion and guess what he is fully entitled to it..just in the same way you are entitled to yours.....its very ignorant to tell someone their beliefs in God whether they are NB's or Believers...I myself believe in God...but I show respect for others that don't...cuz who am I to judge..after all we can't prove God exsists but we also can't prove he doesn't either

A very interesting point you brought up, AnuKabal. It explains the time in between lives.

If you look at the dictionary term, I see how it can be viewed as a contradiction. I associate being "religious" with being a part of a denomination, sect, etc... basically anything with a label. The reason for this is because denominations tend to take what they read and either twist it, or misinterpret it. I don't want to associate myself with a group of people that say "I'm right, you're wrong..." It's every person's choice to believe what they will, and I don't want to be a part of a damning group.

I believe in the Bible, I believe in Christ. But I will not call myself a Christian for the simple fact that I am nothing like Jesus. Christian = Christ-like, and I personally feel wrong with calling myself a Christian because it is supposed to represent something that is pure, which I am not, and can never be.

It's not a matter of revolting against the "machine" or being a non-conformist. It's just a matter of personal conviction : )

I guess it is your story so you can tell it the way you want :rolleyes:

There are those that believe in heaven and hell and those that hope they are wrong! :tu:

That's your personal opinion and opinions are like anuses - everyone has one! Dictionaries are what rules language and the definition of Christianity is a linguistic execise and comes under language....what the defintion says stands. Christians are very good at trying to talk around subjects, usually to no avail! Knight by definition is a Christian. By his definition, even the founder of his religion is not a Christian.

The founder? Talking about Jesus Christ? By my definition, why would He even be called Christian? Or any definition by that matter? I haven't tried talking around anything. I think I've done a straight forward job of presenting my beliefs/opinions, as well as answering questions, here, and anywhere else on this forum. Just because I don't use the dictionary as my guiding light doesn't mean I'm talking around anything.

How is it insulting? :hmm: The guy obviously does not believe in heaven..thats his opinion and guess what he is fully entitled to it..just in the same way you are entitled to yours.....its very ignorant to tell someone their beliefs in God whether they are NB's or Believers...I myself believe in God...but I show respect for others that don't...cuz who am I to judge..after all we can't prove God exsists but we also can't prove he doesn't either

The fact that he stated that people such as myself "need" a belief in order to exist is insulting as it implies that we're on a lower level than the rest. I don't disrespect anyone for not believing in heaven or hell. That's them. I do what I'm supposed to do : )

The founder? Talking about Jesus Christ? By my definition, why would He even be called Christian? Or any definition by that matter? I haven't tried talking around anything. I think I've done a straight forward job of presenting my beliefs/opinions, as well as answering questions, here, and anywhere else on this forum. Just because I don't use the dictionary as my guiding light doesn't mean I'm talking around anything.

The fact that he stated that people such as myself "need" a belief in order to exist is insulting as it implies that we're on a lower level than the rest. I don't disrespect anyone for not believing in heaven or hell. That's them. I do what I'm supposed to do : )

Heaven is a place for people who need to believe in a higher plain or existance, or a place to meet their maker and dead relatives. Im not a religious person so I dont need to buy into a heaven theory.<-- is all he wrote..to me as a believer in God & heaven and I don't find it insulting its just his belief so be it

Yes, Heaven is in space. The 1st level of which is the Solar system, the 8th level is the Zodiacal belt, and so on.