Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server issues

Saru

The server is experiencing some intermittent issues which are hampering performance and site access. I'm currently looking into the cause of this, however it might be that the resource requirements of the site have finally exceeded what this server can take.

In the meantime, if you are unable to access the site at any time then please try again in 5 or 10 minutes. I understand the server was down again a short while ago, if this happens it will correct itself within a short space of time.

Further updates will follow as and when the route of the problem is established.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Yelekiah

• Snowbaby

Unrelated to the abovementioned problem, our main hosting provider experienced routing issues earlier which saw the site inaccessable for about half an hour, however the problem should now be resolved.

I have been knocked off it today at least 7 times & had it read the server is too busy try later...sorry but I have :ph34r:

Yah, I'm getting issues too. Usually, server too busy try again later, once or twice a Page Timed Out, but otherwise it's ok. It just means I get an early night's sleep :yes:

Regards, PA

Update

I've implemented a few new measures to try and improve server performance, however I cannot guarantee their effectiveness.

It is looking increasingly likely that a second server is going to be required to cope with the amount of database usage the site requires.

We may be looking into setting up a dual server system as early as next week, however this has yet to be confirmed.

More updates to follow soon.

So what you mean is us lot yak too much on here? :lol:

So what you mean is us lot yak too much on here?

Pretty much :lol:

sometimes when I come here I get this message...

The error returned was:

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

what is that?

sometimes when I come here I get this message...

what is that?

Means there is too much traffic on the UM server so it can't take anymore people. I get it sometimes to. Just wait 5 to 10 minutes and it should be fine to surf again. :)

lol, it means exactly what it says. The server is too busy, please try again in a moment. Basically, too many people are accessing the forums at that moment and it needs a few seconds just to finish it's running processes and take a break.

(Just reinforcing the above :))

Update

To combat the recent server problems i now have two new servers on order which should be set up within a day or two. Once we migrate across to the new server setup the site will run faster than it has done in a very long time, so please bear with us.

Faster=Better, right? :P

Keep it up Saruman, 'tis a most excellent site you have here :tu:

Regards, PA

did you upgrade? seems to be working fine now?

No we're still running on the old server. We're still experiencing very high loads during busy times, so the problem is still there.

I'm currently in the process of configuring our new servers, and we will be transferring over to them within the next few days.