Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resurrection Mary, Chicago, IL. USA

Nancy

Does anyone have any RECENT information regarding 'Resurrection Mary' the young woman from the 1930's who to this day, still 'walks' Archer Ave. near Chicago? I have been searching for months for an update. Please advise. Thank you!

:)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Nancy

• Jamie

Nancy,

A query using a search engine turns up quite a few web-sites, but most of them deal with the origin of 'Resurrection Mary' or give details of other experiences that happened years ago. I'm sure you're already aware of this.

There seems to be an even division between people believing the event happened just as reported and those who claim it to be an urban legend or myth. One investigator claims to have tracked the origin of the 'disappearing hitchhiker' to an occurance that happened in England in the 1700's. Many details are eerily similar(except for the automobile, of course), and yet it can't be denied that sudden death can manifest itself in strange ways.

The only other suggestion I could make to you is to check the various newsgroups such as alt.folklore.ghost-stories, alt.paranormal, alt.paranet.paranormal for current postings on 'Resurrection Mary'. Here is a link to the ghoststories usenet group,

http://www.ghosts.org/faq/faq.html

hopefully this will have some information for you. For easier access to the full range of selections available, you need a usenet reader that will allow you to see all the postings. These can be downloaded for free from websites like download.com or zdnet.com. I hope this information is useful to you, good luck.;D

Magikman

Nancy,

I have a link for you to a website that makes available a lot of the USENET newsgroups;

HTTP://www.dejanews.com

You'll find the newsgroups that I suggested to you in my last post here. That way you won't have to worry about downloading and installing a seperate newsreader. There's tons of selections, so it will take a little browzing to get to what you're looking for. It also gives you the option to search the newsgroups with the use of keywords. Hope this helps.:)

Magikman

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for not thanking you sooner. Here in Florida we are finally getting some despartely needed rain ( we are in a severe drought!) and Mother Nature has been playing tricks via severe storms which limits my online time. I really appreciate your kind notes and suggestions.

The last LINK you provided did not work. It seems perhaps 'Mary' is truly an enigma. It's as if 'you can't get there from here'...  I keep running into dead ends with her. No pun intended. Thank you again for your time and advice!!  Nancy  :-*

Nancy,

Not a problem, glad to help where I can. I've fixed the link in my previous post, so now it should work for you. It seems that dejanews has been taken over by another website, so the newsgroup archieve has been drastically cut down in size. However, it would seem to be another source for any information you are looking for.

Magikman

• 1 month later...

I live just outside of Chicago and I have gone to Resurrection cemetary tons of times.  I havent seen any ghosts or anything around there.  During the weeks before Halloween, Resurrection Cemetary is like a tourist attraction.  There are cars driving all over all night looking for her.  Its pretty insane.

Jamie