Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico Demands U.S. Allow More Immigration

kjmk

MEXICO CITY

Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

The countries represented at the meeting _ including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize and Panama _ created a working group to design a regional policy to avoid migrant abuse and to follow the course of the legislation.

"There has to be an integrated reform that includes a temporary worker program, but also the regularization of those people who are already living in receptor countries," Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said.

Derbez has called the measure _ which passed the U.S. House of Representatives last month but still must go before the Senate _ "stupid and underhanded," but was somewhat more restrained on Monday, saying "it's not the Mexican government's position to tell the U.S. Senate what to do."

The U.S. proposal has caused widespread resentment in Mexico, where some have accused President Vicente Fox's administration of not being assertive enough in opposing it. Fox has called the bill shameful.

Mexicans working in the United States are a huge source of revenue for Mexico, sending home more than $16 billion in remittances in 2004, Mexico's second largest source of foreign currency after oil exports according to the country's central bank.

Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, defended the administration's record on Monday, telling reporters that migration has declined in recent years, though official figures show it remains at historically high levels.

Aguilar also said migrants "don't emigrate because they lack work, but rather for a series of other reasons, cultural reasons or better living conditions."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kjmk

• __Kratos__

• XNavyGunner

• PadawanOsswe

Aguilar also said migrants "don't emigrate because they lack work, but rather for a series of other reasons, cultural reasons or better living conditions."

:rolleyes: Maybe their government should start doing some work to improve their peoples living conditions instead of relying on us to allow them to come here and do crimes.

Ok I can accept that if the Governments mentioned will allow us to dispose of our toxic waste in their countries. Mexico demands, please give me a break. It seems to me that the Mexican government is in no position to demand anything of us or anyone else. With their population leaving the country like it is on fire President Fox needs to look not at the United States but at his own country. His people leave, work here and send money home which boosts his economy sounds like a good deal for him.

Hmmm If Mexico is so worried about their citizens, they need take care of them and not us. The welfare of Mexico's citizens is not our problem.

Hmmm If Mexico is so worried about their citizens, they need take care of them and not us. The welfare of Mexico's citizens is not our problem.

Yep. :tu:

Kind of funny how Mexico has immigration laws too but demands the US to just ignore theirs.

The guest worker program would take jobs from Americans and legal citizens. And making them all legal citizens would be even worse because then you would have a huge flood of requests to goverment programs sucking down even more money from the hard working American citizens and legals.

I'm thinking Mexico can just go get stuffed. :yes:

You know what would stop this problem, have the border patrol shoot anyone illegally trying to cross it. They are not citizens of this country they dont apply to our laws and rights.

agreed, lets show Fox that we are not **** around!

Fox needs grow up! and start taking responsibility for the well bieng of his nation. were not gonna babysit for him!

Edited by PadawanOsswe

Well...you can't blame people for wanting to come here. But when they start taking pot-shots at our border patrols and their own government is pushing them away, that's a different story. So...screw it, let's get out the drones and a few gun ships! :gun:

:rolleyes: Maybe their government should start doing some work to improve their peoples living conditions instead of relying on us to allow them to come here and do crimes.

AWESOME POST!!! i couldnt agree more.

When we build the wall use any money we'd send to Mexico as aid to pay for it, and use the illegals we arrest as labor. It would be the perfect irony.

agreed

Well...you can't blame people for wanting to come here. But when they start taking pot-shots at our border patrols and their own government is pushing them away, that's a different story. So...screw it, let's get out the drones and a few gun ships! :gun:

i think the drones would work

WOW... I have never read a more racist forum!!! First of all why does everybody think mexicans come to our country and commit crimes..yeah there's a few that **** it up for everyone but thats with everyone. And as far as mexican taking "hard working americans" jobs...thats bulls***..NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE works as hard as us. I don't see long lines of white people waking up at 4 am to work 15 hour days in the fields and hard labor. Also just because we send our money back to mexico..WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THAT?? Is it a crime to help out your family who needs your help. And you guys are talking bout shooting mexicans for crossing the border how ignorant is that..I don't know if you forgot this country is built off immigrants. Your ancestors had to come here some how. And guess what when they came here it was far easier for them to get here. Just got off the ship and find someplace to live. I don't know if you know this but it is FAR harder for a mexican to become a citizen than it is for anyone else. For what reason I don't know why, but you don't see mexicans flying planes into buildings and blowing people up for no reason. So next time before you open your big mouth think before you say anything because if you've never lived through what we go thru then you'll never know. Thanks

:angry2:

WOW... I have never read a more racist forum!!! First of all why does everybody think mexicans come to our country and commit crimes..yeah there's a few that **** it up for everyone but thats with everyone. And as far as mexican taking "hard working americans" jobs...thats bulls***..NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE works as hard as us. I don't see long lines of white people waking up at 4 am to work 15 hour days in the fields and hard labor. Also just because we send our money back to mexico..WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THAT?? Is it a crime to help out your family who needs your help. And you guys are talking bout shooting mexicans for crossing the border how ignorant is that..I don't know if you forgot this country is built off immigrants. Your ancestors had to come here some how. And guess what when they came here it was far easier for them to get here. Just got off the ship and find someplace to live. I don't know if you know this but it is FAR harder for a mexican to become a citizen than it is for anyone else. For what reason I don't know why, but you don't see mexicans flying planes into buildings and blowing people up for no reason. So next time before you open your big mouth think before you say anything because if you've never lived through what we go thru then you'll never know. Thanks

Dear angry2..... :P

I have many reasons in feeling the way I do. But probably the most important are these "immigrants" or illegals they come to this country working for peanuts then send their money back home so their family can live in a higher class society. This country is fighting the loss of the middle class society because of this. So because of this it seems to me the "illegals" could really care less about this country or the citizens. It's obvious from your thread you could care less too. Time to get out the drones! :gun:

WOW... I have never read a more racist forum!!!

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE works as hard as us. I don't see long lines of white people waking up at 4 am to work 15 hour days in the fields and hard labor.

heh. and the *forum* is racist? I don't care what race is the illegal immigrant. I really, really don't care.

I'm really hoping to hear from some Fox supporters with good arguments.

For what reason I don't know why, but you don't see mexicans flying planes into buildings and blowing people up for no reason.

You're right. Ever hear the term "OTM" and know what it implies?

So next time before you open your big mouth think before you say

:tu: Why is it so easy to give others good advice, and so hard to take it for yourself? I have that problem too sometimes...

First of all why does everybody think mexicans come to our country and commit crimes..

All illegals do become criminals once they cross the border ILLEGALLY. :tu:

therefore every single illegal is a criminal.

Mexico's over-population and job problem is the Mexican governments problem, not ours!

but you are right about one thing. Overall it seems that Mexicans have very good work ethic, and I respect that. but if working with an immigrant, they'de better be a legal immigrant or the employers ass gets tossed in jail wether or not the employer was aware if the employee was illegal. :hmm:

if Mexicans (or anyone for that matter) wish to come to America, be my guest. but do it the LEGAL way! :tu:

Edited by PadawanOsswe

I have never met a mexican that could drive a car properly, much less fly an airplane. Sorry was too easy. I had a similar discussion to this, with a mexican buddy of mine 2 days ago. See, A problem that I have, is that ILLEGAL immigration is connected with Drugs, extortion, murder, rape, and im sure the list goes on and on. That is not just in america, but that is in Mexico. When people make a market to break the law, then people will capitalize on that illegal market, and make it worse off then before, and thats what has happened. There are innocent people suffering in Mexico as well as America because of this problem.

I do think however, that America could provide more financial backing to mexico, and maybe a nudge to their economy to make more, and better paying jobs, so people in mexico wont see a need to come here. I do not know the status of mexico's resources, or if the money that they do have is appropriatly used, but I do think, that their country could have more of an economic impact then what it currently does, with a little help of course. If we can help mexico build a strong economy, we can help out drug kartels that are in power. But we need to get the ambitious Mexican people that are willing to risk their lives for their family and money, into good paying jobs, because they obviously are prepared to work hard, and goto any lengths to improve their current conditions. The only problem I see with that, is probably alot of those people would be under educated.

Some of you know how I HATE it when someone makes a post just to start an argument. Well...my brain waves are tell me that this "Proud Mexican" maybe a double poster! Yes...he could be s-o-m-e-o-n-e e-l-s-e in disguise! It just makes me wonder, I mean he or she has only one post and it's a few minutes after he joins the forum. Nothing from him since then. I would be curious if the Moderator's did some checking, I'd bet they would find a "double user" same I.P.

Not that it really matters, it's just ironic "Proud Mexican" pops in like he/she did. Oh well...next thread, no argument from me. :unsure2:

Okay well Mexican Goverment needs to worry about their own country not USA!! we have our own problems to deal with not yours!!

GOD BLESS USA

Sounds like someone thinks the USA is supposed to take care of Mexico first and our ownselves second. Yeah right.

Well, here its my opinion:

I agree whit the part about regulating the inmigration, and of Mexico taking responsability of the care of its own citizens, and not to rely enterely in the USA (the comon joke in South America is that Mexico is the newer USa state :P ). But....i disagree whit Kratos. I dont have the links right now in this PC, but i remember the demograpics og the USa showing that the country is showing an aging like the one in the European countries, but not soo serious for the moment. Also, it showed that the comon idea that the inmigrants steal jobs is not soo true. In the long term, the USa will nedd those inmigrants to reinforce its manpower, and the current inmigration policies didnt help it. Maybe something in the midle, like policies regulation the illegall inmigration, the workers program, and more "easy" policies to get the citizenship in that country, plus some domestic policies from the Mexican goverment, will help to reduce the problem of illegall inmigration.

Immigrants aren't the problem. Criminals are. Why does everyone's eyes seem to gloss over the word "ILLEGAL"?

MEXICO CITY

Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

The countries represented at the meeting _ including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize and Panama _ created a working group to design a regional policy to avoid migrant abuse and to follow the course of the legislation.

"There has to be an integrated reform that includes a temporary worker program, but also the regularization of those people who are already living in receptor countries," Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said.

Derbez has called the measure _ which passed the U.S. House of Representatives last month but still must go before the Senate _ "stupid and underhanded," but was somewhat more restrained on Monday, saying "it's not the Mexican government's position to tell the U.S. Senate what to do."

The U.S. proposal has caused widespread resentment in Mexico, where some have accused President Vicente Fox's administration of not being assertive enough in opposing it. Fox has called the bill shameful.

Mexicans working in the United States are a huge source of revenue for Mexico, sending home more than $16 billion in remittances in 2004, Mexico's second largest source of foreign currency after oil exports according to the country's central bank.

Fox's spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, defended the administration's record on Monday, telling reporters that migration has declined in recent years, though official figures show it remains at historically high levels.

IF the mexicans want to leave there own country so bad we should just build on giant wall along the border with armed guard patrols that take out whoever they see crossing the border

\