Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico Demands U.S. Allow More Immigration

kjmk

We should build a wall, sort of like the Berlin Wall. That should keep them out. Like in the middle east, it seems to be effective.

Edited by rocky4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kjmk

• __Kratos__

• XNavyGunner

• PadawanOsswe

Well, here its my opinion:

I agree whit the part about regulating the inmigration, and of Mexico taking responsability of the care of its own citizens, and not to rely enterely in the USA (the comon joke in South America is that Mexico is the newer USa state :P ). But....i disagree whit Kratos. I dont have the links right now in this PC, but i remember the demograpics og the USa showing that the country is showing an aging like the one in the European countries, but not soo serious for the moment. Also, it showed that the comon idea that the inmigrants steal jobs is not soo true. In the long term, the USa will nedd those inmigrants to reinforce its manpower, and the current inmigration policies didnt help it. Maybe something in the midle, like policies regulation the illegall inmigration, the workers program, and more "easy" policies to get the citizenship in that country, plus some domestic policies from the Mexican goverment, will help to reduce the problem of illegall inmigration.

Everything I have seen and searched has shown negitive impact. If you could find that link, I would be interested in seeing it. :)

i rmbr posting similar finds on how these "dirty immigrants" are actually beneficial to the economy of the US, but sadly, most people are morons.

Do you hae a link? Or would you rather just keep calling us names?

Why is it when anything is said about the U.S. or the people of, PLO has to slam it or start calling people names. That blocking option that users have is quite nice.

Up with the wall!!! :gun:

Why is it when anything is said about the U.S. or the people of, PLO has to slam it or start calling people names. That blocking option that users have is quite nice.

Up with the wall!!! :gun:

PLO is a sensitive person. :yes: And yes Up with the wall

I live in the New Orleans area and we have been flooded with a Mexican population in order to help with the rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. I do agree that they are extremely hard workers, so am I. (and they are harder workers compared to a lot of the people that used to live in the New Orleans area). I am also glad to see that we are getting all the help we can. But I am also very much against illegal immigration. We already have high cost in healthcare insurance and I pay a lot every year into the medicare taxes (which I do not use). When we have illegal immigrants coming into our country, not paying any taxes, then going to the hospital to get stitched up from the job which they were working on, or because their wife is having a baby, I have even more of a problem with that.

Who is Fox to tell us how to run our country when he cannot even run his own? I wouldn't be surprised that after his term, he would probably move to the U.S. He needs to stop concentrating his time on our laws and start worrying about his country's economics.

It would be nice if he could do something to improve the working conditions in Mexico. But until then, I agree with the rest of the country. Let's build a wall.

they dig hermit holes. :tu:

Indeed they do. They found yet another tunnel under the border just the other day. Why we should hook up our drones with cave finding technology.

ya know what would come in handy? I saw on Mail Call these new U.S. patrol and combat robots. get a bunch of them on the border with infra-red sensors and a little MG for the robots defense. :tu:

Edited by PadawanOsswe

I don't see long lines of white people waking up at 4 am to work 15 hour days in the fields and hard labor.

Could that be that the average American (white or otherwise) has enough education that they can qualify for better jobs than field work. If you guys wouldn’t come here illegally, then those farmers would have use machines to do the work .

Also just because we send our money back to mexico..WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THAT??

Oh, I don’t know, taking the money out of our economy. What damage did it do to the Aztec economy for the Spaniards to take all the gold and send it back to Spain?

Mexicans are really lucky, a great many of the nations of the world would shoot people slipping into their country illegally. Americans seem to have more restrain than that!

I think we should start charging the Mexican government for every illegal we find or if we can't keep them out then we should have an "illegal tax" on them. WAIT...crap we've already got to many "illegal taxes"! Oh well....let's just sho...never mind. B)

Edited by kjmk

I say we cut off all aid to Mexico until they start to help curb illegal immigration.

Everything I have seen and searched has shown negitive impact. If you could find that link, I would be interested in seeing it. :)

I see the link like one or two months ago, but now i am in Bariloche on vacations in a friend`s house (using her PC :P ), and i come back to Buenos Aires until the 23. I have to look for it. I have recently a firefox crash (nice program until it crash) , and therefore, i have to look in the link is still bookmarked. I hate technology sometimes.

By the way: PLO, please, there is no need of name calling or agresion is your are not agreded. If you have problems whit someone, discuss it by PM, or report it to a Mod.

Saludos fomr Bariloche!!!!

user posted image

The wall is just another way for big beurocratic govt. to siphon moneys off the people and create More problems they'll have to hire More people to fix, write More laws to deal with.

The wall is almost as bad an idea as giving all who enter automatic amnesty.

Down With The Wall! Bigtime! Hold our leaders accountable for not ensuring current measures are enforced. That's the Only fix that's worth the future. Anything less is gross negligence and we as a people Will suffer for it, bringing it on ourselves.

It's up to Us, to put pressure on Them, and to make sure they do it right. That they suggest a wall is offensive to me, I'm not an idiot that can't see what that will precipitate. It's a slap in the face to me to even suggest putting a wall up like that, coming from them, who are supposed to be looking for our best interests. They're putting an infected bandaid on a severed limb for political expedience at the cost of the people, to the detriment of the people.

Down with the wall! :tu:

Ok i'm back...and no i'm not one person acting as someone else..I read these forums everyday and this has been the only forum that made me want to say something.. As far as all the remarks about my reply I say this: Yes the mexican governmant can do alot to help its people, but that doesn't mean we have to treat the people that come here to pursue a better life for their families like animals. Yeah we do the hard jobs that no one wants to do but you guys need us for that. Do you know what the average monthly income in mexico is?? Its $200 a month..Now let me ask you this..can you survive off of that amount of money monthly?? most of us probably can not.. one thing I do know is that people will do almost anything to better their living conditions. Now let me ask you this..lets just say your from mexico. you are barely making it and you know there is a better life for you if you go north crossing the border but you know your family is gonna be better off and will be able to support them in better ways than you are now..would you be willing to brake some laws and cross the border...I personally would take that chance..I don't know many people who will do the same. Yeah like I said before there is a few that mess it up for all of us, but your never gonna really be able to cut that done at least not all of it. Yeah if the united states made it easier for mexicans to get work visas and made citizenship easier than most of these "illegal problems" would go away..but unfortunately the united states makes it very hard for mexicans. I respect all your comments and I hope you respect mine. I'm just saying instead of automatically wanting to get rid of all of us cuz they are illegal, put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself the question.."would you do it?" that is all I have to say for now..

The immigration laws and such are for the entire world. Why should Mexico get it a little easier then Vietnam, Russia or Australia in terms of getting citizenship to the US?

Also a vast group of the illegal aliens coming from the south are unskilled and untrained.

The immigration laws and such are for the entire world. Why should Mexico get it a little easier then Vietnam, Russia or Australia in terms of getting citizenship to the US?

Also a vast group of the illegal aliens coming from the south are unskilled and untrained.

OK MAYBE U DIDN'T QUITE UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS SAYING.. ACTUALLY ITS ALOT EASIER FOR VIETNAM, RUSSIA, AND AUSTRALIA TO BECOME CITIZENS OR JUST ENTER THE COUNTRY. FOR SOME ODD REASON ITS A HARDER PROCESS FOR MEXICO. WITH THAT SAID ITS ALSO EASIER FOR PEOPLE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST TO GET HERE THAN IT IS FOR A MEXICAN.

I think it really depends on the limit of immigration the US allows each year so it doesn't get watered down. :tu:

It's not easier for anybody... it's just the numbers the US allows from all over the world. Mexico is not the only country with people wanting to come here.

My grandparents did it legally, why can't they?

__Kratos__ Posted Today, 12:20 PM

My grandparents did it legally, why can't they?

Bravo, that is the center of the issue. Come one come all but do it legally. Bravo Kratos well said.

Ok i'm back...and no i'm not one person acting as someone else..I read these forums everyday and this has been the only forum that made me want to say something.. As far as all the remarks about my reply I say this: Yes the mexican governmant can do alot to help its people, but that doesn't mean we have to treat the people that come here to pursue a better life for their families like animals. Yeah we do the hard jobs that no one wants to do but you guys need us for that. Do you know what the average monthly income in mexico is?? Its $200 a month..Now let me ask you this..can you survive off of that amount of money monthly?? most of us probably can not.. one thing I do know is that people will do almost anything to better their living conditions. Now let me ask you this..lets just say your from mexico. you are barely making it and you know there is a better life for you if you go north crossing the border but you know your family is gonna be better off and will be able to support them in better ways than you are now..would you be willing to brake some laws and cross the border...I personally would take that chance..I don't know many people who will do the same. Yeah like I said before there is a few that mess it up for all of us, but your never gonna really be able to cut that done at least not all of it. Yeah if the united states made it easier for mexicans to get work visas and made citizenship easier than most of these "illegal problems" would go away..but unfortunately the united states makes it very hard for mexicans. I respect all your comments and I hope you respect mine. I'm just saying instead of automatically wanting to get rid of all of us cuz they are illegal, put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself the question.."would you do it?" that is all I have to say for now..

Well that dosent mean that Mexicans should rob stores for money, because i live in Portland and there are thousands of Mexicans here and every crime that is commited here is related to Mexican People. So why should us Americans suffer because your government is too lazy to do it's job and if you guys cant do anything about it PROTEST like other countries did remmember the time that Americans got their freedom from the British when they had to pay taxes and stuff they rebelled not like Mexicans all you guys do is keep quiet.

Okay, I've been thinking about this and it occurs to me that there's an analogy that might put the question in perspective (though I'm sure I'm going to get jumped on for insensitivity or something :rolleyes:).

Imagine a couple of neighbor's, call them Smith and Jones, living next door to each other. Both have dogs. Jones' dogs are forever sneaking into Smith's yard, taking his dogs food, and even carrying it back to Jones' yard. Smith wants to put up a fence to keep Jones' dogs out of his yard and Jones protests on the grounds that his dogs are nicer than Smith's dogs and that therefore Smith is obligated not only to allow them to come onto his property, but to feed them, provide them shelter, and take them to the vet if they need medical care.

How much sense does this make? :blink: