Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Irish bog man used hair gel

UM-Bot

news icon rSubmitted by Rick Hamell: The preserved remains of two prehistoric men discovered in an Irish bog have revealed a couple of surprises --- one used hair gel and the other stood 6 foot 6 inches high, the tallest Iron Age body discovered.

"He would have been a giant...the other man was quite short, about 5 foot 2 inches," said Ned Kelly, head of antiquities at the National Museum of Ireland.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• __Kratos__

• rane

• Jagji56

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, prehistoric Irish punks!

I wonder why they were murdered

I never had an aptitude for science myself, but I love reading about the things that science can teach us, especially when it involves mysteries. Wow! 2300-year-old murder mysteries! Those are REALLY cold cases!

Ancient pretty boy? :P

If you read the story, it says they were most likely sacrificed. The prolonged torture was just for kicks.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder just how well the ancient gel worked compared with todays?! Probably a whole lot better.

well if the gel lasted 2300 years, it HAS to beater lol

the big Q is, where they from Ireland, if one had a head dress that was from France, the there is a possibility that this shot guy was some sort of king, and the taller was, in fact a body guard!

:alien: they must have used whale fat..

everytime i see a picture of bogman, i get a huge hunger for beef jerky...

Lets not forget that at the time these fellows were styling thier hair it was possible to walk from Ireland to England and then England to France, the sea has only seperated the three countries within the last 2,000 years