Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another 'Thylacine' sighting

UM-Bot

news icon rA tasmanian tiger or thylacine ran across a road north of Colac about 12.50am last Monday, according to Warrion man Steven Bennett. Mr Bennett said he was driving between Cressy and Warrion when he spotted the animal, believed to have been extinct since 1936.

"It ran across the road in front of me (and) paused before it went into the bushes and long grass (on the side of the road),'' he said.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Warrnambool Standard

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostforwords

• UM-Bot

• Erikl

• gothikchile13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see a real possibility of this animal to have survived the extinction.

After all, it was only what? 100 years ago when the last was seen in the mainland?

We are talking about an entire continent for them to hide in.

Awesome! I had no idea what this thread was about when I clicked on it, but it's pretty interesting.

--Jon

Well like with all species that have gone extinct in modern times there is still a chance they are still out there, just out of sight of those searching for them.

I live in Australia, and its not just the tasy tiger, there have been sitings of other, supposed extinct animals here, last year someone thaort they sore a white cat, about the size of a tiger, I think it was in Queensland, I not shore

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Australia, and its not just the tasy tiger, there have been sitings of other, supposed extinct animals here, last year someone thaort they sore a white cat, about the size of a tiger, I think it was in Queensland, I not shore

There has been sightings and a belief that in the hidden jungles of FNQ(far north queensland) are still sightings of the Marsupial Lion (Thylacoleo carnifex). Maybe or maybe not? But there is always the possibility of an envasive animal living in remote areas. Here is a link if anyone is interested in the lion. (a unique marsupial)

[attachmentid=22883]http://www.thylacoleo.com/introduction/TH_WHAT.html

post-28096-1138665108.jpg

The sad story behind the demise of the Thylacine not only sickens me, but also makes me hope that this elusive creature will prove its continued existence and allow mankind to mend what we have broken.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this sighting was legit and that the Thylacine is not gone forever...

• 5 months later...

there is no doubt they are out there i have seen what i thought to be a tassie tiger on the way home from ballarat one night. but you tell people and no one believes you.

and numerous times i have seen a puma like cat at gellibrand.

and kangaroo's that have been killed and striped right to their bones.

they do exist as soon as i get a video cam i am going to film the puma i know where to find it best times i have seen are 2am-4am in the mornin

and kangaroo's that have been killed and striped right to their bones.

A tazzy devil or dingo can easily do that :tu: Not to mention perenties....

A tazzy devil or dingo can easily do that :tu: Not to mention perenties....

i'm in victoria

but i will dig up the pics of the kangaroo i took later today and post em.