Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you a sceptic or believer?

PurpleStuart

Seeing that even the functions of the cells in our own bodies are unexplained, I'd say I'm an open minded skeptic. Theories must be posed on any given mystery so that the mind is prompted to question further, to ask, "what is next?"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lung

• PurpleStuart

• pappagooch

• mandy

I would call myself a skeptical believer, I buy hauntings and such since I have seen things first hand. I cannot buy Gov conspiricies, or alien abductions since they are so easily faked and so widespread to be obviously sick cries for attention.

any way thats my 2 cent ramble.

• 1 month later...

I'm a believer, of the supernatural and the paranormal, my friend M (from Alberta Canada) said she believed in ghosts but not the parnoramal she contradicted herself. But I'm not going to convince anyone of ghosts exsistence. But I do have my own proof that I prooved to myself.

I'm a believer, of the supernatural and the paranormal, my friend M (from Alberta Canada) said she believed in ghosts but not the parnoramal she contradicted herself. But I'm not going to convince anyone of ghosts exsistence. But I do have my own proof that I prooved to myself.

How can anyone dispute that? rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I am going to put my self down as the skeptic who wnts to believe. I don't reject stuff right off the bat, but neither do i accept it completely at first either.

Believer in some cases that seem possible but a skeptic to things that seemingly come out of nowhere ( AKA sounds like some kid thought it up ) .

I am a believer in the fact that I am a skeptic. But I dont always believe other skeptics. At times, I tend to be skeptical about believers.

I firmly believe that believers actually believe some of the more ridiculous beliefs out there while skeptics remain skeptical. But are skeptics skeptical about thier own skeptic beliefs? Of this, Moe believes he is a skeptic.

wacko.gif

I'm a believer...doo doo doo doo doo. Very Sorry. Unless their claims seems outrageous or they can't spell what they are trying to talk about.

• 2 weeks later...

From what i understand, the unexplained-mysteries TV show, discusses and presents these mysteries that have existed for many years and have not been explained, hence the title "Unexplained-mysteries". In addition, it demonstrates many stories and claims of certain paranormal and psychic phenomenon that seems to be quite authentic and true.

To the mere skeptic, one could immediately dismiss these as part of an elaborate scheme for the producers to profit from. However, there are facts to these and one cannot deny what is known, otherwise you would be in a state of denial, and to deny what is real is to deny your own existance.

To the mere believer, one could immediately approve of all topics and claims that have been demonstrated and shown, without analyzing the facts from the fiction. And from the perspective of a skeptic, one could simply judge a believer as a gullable "nut-case".

To the fair and open-minded, one could completely analyze the facts from the fiction, and gather his or her own educated judgements, with such logic and clarification, that neither the believer nor the skeptic can dismiss.

And this is where i stand, neither ying nor yang, but generally inbetween.

"To believe something unbelievable is simply "unbelievable", and to believe something believable is simply "believable"--or is it?"