Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Chupacabras

Dragonic  Darkness

That's exactly what it told her, "Don't be afraid, etc". It clawed the snot out of her back, if I recall.

It might have been an accident. Humans get mauled by pets all the time. Still, what logic is in it to jump on someone's back, dig the claws in REAL GOOD, and then say, "Don't run, I am your freind."?

The same kind of logic that made the invasion in War of the Worlds. :rolleyes:

Wait... did it claw first, THEN say it was a friend, or afterwards? :hmm:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonlady_mothman

• Dragonic  Darkness

• MadEyePixie

• CryptoRay

did anyone ever see the program on uk tv a few years back that showed a small town in mexico where the locals chased and finally cornered a chup? They managed to get it in a net and called the authorities who quickly whisked it away. A local showed pictures of the trapped creature and it scared the living crap out of me. They were brave sons of b*****s to chase that! i would have been the opposite, it would have been chasing me. Oh and the people who caught it said it smelt very very bad like nothing theyd ever smelt before.

Most of the photos on this blog are fake but im sure you already know that.

Is this the picture you are talking about?

"This photo comes from a video shown on KENS-5 in San Antonio. In November, 1996, a Mexican rancher near San Antonio, Texas, claimed to have captured the chupacabras with a coyote trap - and produced the photographs to prove it. "

user posted image

user posted image

Somehow I have a hard time imagining that being a living creature. :hmm: It looks like someone's clay attempt at a dimetrodon to me.

people really do believe there is something out there killing off there livestock!

but the scientists seem to believe it's just natural and that decay can seem to do the same thing that this supposed chupacabra is doing!

I really dont know myself but i just find it odd that there are so many deaths that really cant be explained off that easily!.

thats not the picture. It was almost like the typical image of a "GRAY" alien. It looked totally wild and was crouched down and snarling to reveal some nasty looking gnashers! It was caught in some knid of net like a big fishing net or something. The tv program it was on was aired some time ago so ive no idea where the town was only that it looked preety 3rd world. Somewhere in mexico. If i remember rightly it was captured after a spate of sightings and i seem to remember one of them being at a zoo it leapt onto some knid of balcony in a restaraunt. Ive tried searching for the pictures or any information on it but cant find a thing. I was hoping somebody else would have seen it and remembered a bit more info. It was on some knid of paranormal program maybe an episode of strange but true which used to be on on saturday nights. Il try my best to find some more.

Hmmmm interesting.

My relative's have never talked about this... but now they aren't Farmers anymore, but they would have had stories to tell if they did.

I would like to say, that I don't think I accept it as real like I do with Sasquatch but I hope I never get the chance to find out.

In the years of the Great Depression, all of my relatives were Harvest-pickers. My Mother always told us that her Father and the other Men would stay awake at night to guard the Families not from Sasquatch or Chuppa's but from "Night Rider's". Those folks with white sheets lol.

I wish I knew about these Crypto's back then when they were alive with stories at the camp fire's so I could have asked them.

Anyone know what was the first sighting? The first time the term "El Chupacabras" was used in cryptid context?

1. Nobody has asked me yet, but any hoo....

2. Those Night Riders happen to be a division of the Ku Klux Klan, which was located in the lower states like Texas and Louisiana. They loved scaring ppl just for fun.

The western, Bonanza had an episode called El Toro Grande. Hoss and Joe had to go buy a breeder bull from a family in Califiornia. This adorable little Spanish kid (the show takes place before California was a state) loves the bull like a pet and runs off with it. Hoss finds him and the kid tells him he's afraid Hoss and his brother are going to take El Rojo Grande back to the cold America where he'll freeze to death or be butchered and eaten. Hoss says he's going to take the bull back where it can marry lots of pretty cows, so the kid agrees to let the bull go...if he can come and be a servent to the Carthrights.

A little ways back to Nevada, they hear singing. The kid says thier burro had a baby, so his parents could only come as fast as a baby burro can walk. He says his parents have to come, becuase it would make them childless and him an orphan for him to go on without them, and the mother's a good cook. Hoss likes that and talks Joe into letting them come.

After supper, the kid wanders off to go "feed the bull" (there's a plot element here I won't get into), and leaves the adults around the campfire to talk. The mother hears a whipporwill (a bird that makes a sound just like its name) and gets freaked out. The father explains that it's a chupacabras, a creature that brings bad luck.

I think there was more to that explination, but I didn't catch it.

It confused me, becuase I thought the name was coined in the '90s. That's an early episode of Bonanza, and was aired in the late fifites, early sixties. How long have there been Chupa stories? :huh:

Somehow I have a hard time imagining that being a living creature. :hmm: It looks like someone's clay attempt at a dimetrodon to me.

I made something like that when I was five! XD

The western, Bonanza had an episode called El Toro Grande. Hoss and Joe had to go buy a breeder bull from a family in Califiornia. This adorable little Spanish kid (the show takes place before California was a state) loves the bull like a pet and runs off with it. Hoss finds him and the kid tells him he's afraid Hoss and his brother are going to take El Rojo Grande back to the cold America where he'll freeze to death or be butchered and eaten. Hoss says he's going to take the bull back where it can marry lots of pretty cows, so the kid agrees to let the bull go...if he can come and be a servent to the Carthrights.

A little ways back to Nevada, they hear singing. The kid says thier burro had a baby, so his parents could only come as fast as a baby burro can walk. He says his parents have to come, becuase it would make them childless and him an orphan for him to go on without them, and the mother's a good cook. Hoss likes that and talks Joe into letting them come.

After supper, the kid wanders off to go "feed the bull" (there's a plot element here I won't get into), and leaves the adults around the campfire to talk. The mother hears a whipporwill (a bird that makes a sound just like its name) and gets freaked out. The father explains that it's a chupacabras, a creature that brings bad luck.

It confused me, becuase I thought the name was coined in the '90s. That's an early episode of Bonanza, and was aired in the late fifites, early sixties. How long have there been Chupa stories? :huh:

I remember my dad telling me that the Chupa's were quite a problem in Mexico when he was a kid and there were stories left and right. Now there aren't so many (every once in a while you see a story on the news but not as much he says), but still...

So anyways, they've been around for at least 40 years if what my dad says is true...

While it would be cool if it were true...It probably isn't. Some things seem convincing while others don't. I'm on the fence on this one.

All the above frames are of the now-famous Texas Chupa dog. It was a sickly dog, presumably suffering from mange, who was hot by a farmer.

The lower-left-hand pic is an obvious photoshop added to the orignal series of pics. The PS image looks like a hyeana face. Notice that it's perfectly intact, snarling, and a totally different color from the gray, decaying corpse of the dog.

Didn't think that was part of the dog, I think that that might be a gloved hand pulling the top lip back to expose the teeth/fangs.

• 3 months later...

chupacabras aren't real.. if they are.. then they are helping the aliens with their cattle / animal mutilations.. notice that in both cases, the blood of the animal seemed to be sucked dry thru a single puncture wound? some organs missing..

maybe they have like a straw like spear thingy... while they put the animal in a trance.... i don't know.. im an idiot lol..

i think there real its but most pics r fake!! :angry2:

From what I have heard, there are some connections between stories The main way to tell that it is a Chupacabra is that it is a biped, and has four teeth, and doesn't have a tail. The tailed version is supposably El Chupa Libre.

Now, I've seen some of these pics before.

1- a Jenny Hanniver; a dried skate

2- think this is a model in a cave, maybe Wookie Hole or Cheddar Gorge in England (can someone confirm this?)

3- this is in fact a model made by a company that manufactures movie props. Think it was part of a portfoloi and got leaked. Damn convincing.

4- a... dustbin? breeze block? Packard Bell tower case?

5- think this was a model made for some visitor centre. Hate the pic... for some reason it always reminds me of a really burnt pizza or something that's been in the oven waaayyy too long :D

One word ' sub-species ' do you know that even though we are all humans anyone from a different conteint is a sub-species of Homo Sapien there for a chupa is a sub-species which means that no 2 sightings have to look alike

You what!? Where did you read that!?

Well there is a legend about a bird called a GOATSUCKER that was believed to, at night, drink the milk from any livestock dry, and so in Spanish would be known as, you guessed it, El Chupacabras. In fact, Whipporwills are pretty frequently featured in folklore in the US. Anyone read the Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft?

RKD

Edited by Roadkill Demon

Of course no topic bout the chupacabra is complete without a quote from me, eh.

The Chupa's real, without a doubt. Well, at least for the believers. Otherwise, it's not real. Or maybe it is. No, it couldn't. Wait, it could. Well, I'll just say the skeptics are right and the believers are right. It IS an animal, but not a mysterious one. Namely, we haven't ruled out the government theory. As in, a government expriment to test the fear, doubt, and questioning of mysterious events, for future use when carrying out secret jet-engine tests, or new aero-space designs.

As for the beast sightings, why not people posing as creatures in suits? For good examples, look at the aliens on Star Trek and Star Wars: Wookies, Yoda, Ewoks, etc. :alien:

And as for those crazy South Americans, it may be just mistaken animals, dreaming while awake, insanity, or signs of bad vision. :geek:

Edited by The Chupacabra King

Interesting subject. I just cannot make my mind up either way, evidence is sketchy, but to be fair, there is quite a few testimonials.

Does anyone know if this (attached) chuppa pic has been proven fake ?

We discussed that picture before, it seems to be an owl anyways. What looks to be quills are the wings. :hmm:

I always had a theory that the Chupa could be some species of large parasitic wasp. The holes are the exit point for a fully formed adult/s after spending their larval life stage in the bloodsteam of a victim, feeding off the blood. Maybe it produces some sort of miasma as a defence strategy, with a smelly, halucinogenic chemical, which is why peoiple see/hear strange animal-like figures? Well that's just my thory anyways...

RKD

Interesting subject. I just cannot make my mind up either way, evidence is sketchy, but to be fair, there is quite a few testimonials.

Does anyone know if this (attached) chuppa pic has been proven fake ?

:no: People still fall for that? Unbelievable. That is fake. Links here & here for evidence that it is fake.

TeraLink Was Here!