Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Investigators ......

NME_locus

These are our local cops and I have a few friends actually involved. My friends knows the lead investigator. Now, don't get me wrong, just because I'm a skeptic doesn't mean that I don't go hunting.....

These are some of the best orbs I've seen, but orbs don't mean crap so I'm kind of dissappointed. Also, one of the most famous paranormal researchers Cathy Bunn has been there. Still, nothing good.

http://www.phenomenapolice.com/

The Phenomena Police was conceived two years after Lieutenant Harry Zamora and his wife Lesli moved into a house in north Houston Texas.

Immediately after they moved in, strange and unusual things began happening. Lights would turn on after they had been turned off at night. Doors would lock by themselves, water faucets would turn, things would move about, electrical appliances would turn on, visitors would hear footsteps and see shadow figures. They would experience cold chills as though someone was watching them, etc.

Being a police officer of over 24 years, he refused to accept anything other than the tangible. It took several months of attempting to find answers alone before he realized there was truly something strange about the house. He called on fellow police officers to substantiate what he felt was paranormal activity.

After several officers personally experienced the unusual activity, he called upon a theologian, paranormal investigator, psychic, and buddhist philosopher to provide their opinions as to what the activity could be.

The paranormal investigator (Cathi Bunn) was the first to enter the house and attempt to document the activity. She claimed the house was occupied by so called "ghosts" and "spirits." The theologian (Pastor Bart Franco) stated the house was built on a burial ground and haunted by "tormented spirits." He blessed the house and anointed it with holy oil. The psychic (refused to

Edited by NME_locus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• jonb

• akiraone

• Bebi

I was just looking at some of their investigations and it seems like they really like orbs. If you know them in any way you should tell them to stop doing that.

I was just looking at some of their investigations and it seems like they really like orbs. If you know them in any way you should tell them to stop doing that.

Trust me, they would think I'm a "smartass know it all". Orbs are very dissappointing.

Problem is, cops are stubborn and they think whatever they say goes, esspecially because they are cops. I am also dissappointed because even with Cathi Bunn there, that's all they got, some stupid orbs, even though Cathi is supposedly one of the best at ghost hunting. :hmm:

Edited by NME_locus

Most ghost hunting websites feature orbs, because that's the only "proof" they get most of the time. That's why I like the way the people on the show Ghost Hunters work. If they don't find anything they will say it.

I know I love the show Ghost Hunters. They do not go in trying to prove that there is activity in the house, they go in trying to prove the activity to be false. Then if they cant disprove it, it must be true. This is a great way to do it. You even make sceptics believe what you are trying to do.

Most ghost hunting websites feature orbs, because that's the only "proof" they get most of the time. That's why I like the way the people on the show Ghost Hunters work. If they don't find anything they will say it.

I consider that good investigators, and if they were to find something, then I would acredted them for more then some of these other silly people. Some people think just because they get goosebums, then they are sensing something. geez

I know I love the show Ghost Hunters. They do not go in trying to prove that there is activity in the house, they go in trying to prove the activity to be false. Then if they cant disprove it, it must be true. This is a great way to do it. You even make sceptics believe what you are trying to do.

Yup, very true. That's my matto, and what I go by. See?...my quote.

Edited by NME_locus

NME you have inspired me with this post! :D

My new journal

Feel free to leave comments :tu:

Hey, that's pretty cool. I tried to leave comments and then had to register. I did, but then it said

"your screen name must start with a letter"......

my screen name was NME_Locus.... :geek:....so I'm stuck. I 'll try to add a comment. Good stuff on your journals. I like the funny pic of the legs hanging out of the fountain. :tu:

Edited by NME_locus

These are our local cops and I have a few friends actually involved. My friends knows the lead investigator. Now, don't get me wrong, just because I'm a skeptic doesn't mean that I don't go hunting.....

These are some of the best orbs I've seen, but orbs don't mean crap so I'm kind of dissappointed. Also, one of the most famous paranormal researchers Cathy Bunn has been there. Still, nothing good.

The Phenomena Police was conceived two years after Lieutenant Harry Zamora and his wife Lesli moved into a house in north Houston Texas.

Immediately after they moved in, strange and unusual things began happening. Lights would turn on after they had been turned off at night. Doors would lock by themselves, water faucets would turn, things would move about, electrical appliances would turn on, visitors would hear footsteps and see shadow figures. They would experience cold chills as though someone was watching them, etc.

Being a police officer of over 24 years, he refused to accept anything other than the tangible. It took several months of attempting to find answers alone before he realized there was truly something strange about the house. He called on fellow police officers to substantiate what he felt was paranormal activity.

After several officers personally experienced the unusual activity, he called upon a theologian, paranormal investigator, psychic, and buddhist philosopher to provide their opinions as to what the activity could be.

The paranormal investigator (Cathi Bunn) was the first to enter the house and attempt to document the activity. She claimed the house was occupied by so called "ghosts" and "spirits." The theologian (Pastor Bart Franco) stated the house was built on a burial ground and haunted by "tormented spirits." He blessed the house and anointed it with holy oil. The psychic (refused to

Maybe you can show them this thread to get them motivated to do more than just orbs. I can say I'm with most that a bunch of orb photos gets old after a while. It's good that they have a group that's willing to do this though. Most cops wouldn't do it just for fear they'd tarnish their reps as "cops".

Hey, that's pretty cool. I tried to leave comments and then had to register. I did, but then it said

"your screen name must start with a letter"......

my screen name was NME_Locus.... :geek:....so I'm stuck. I 'll try to add a comment. Good stuff on your journals. I like the funny pic of the legs hanging out of the fountain. :tu:

I've just realised - it means AOL screen name (duh @ me ffs) I tried to set it up on an UM blog but had so many probs getting pics on I did it on AOL. If you have AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) try using your AIM screen name; other than that I'll have to create another non-AOL one, sorry :blush:

AWESOME!!! Modern day Ghost busters :tu: I never thought about that! The only problem I can see is that once the word gets out, every nut and fruitcake (no offense to anyone) in the area is gonna be calling, whether they have experienced anything or not.

*(I read further, and I saw with the smith house investigation, they made the woman take a polygraph. I think that is an awesome idea, so at least if they are investigating it, they know it isn't someone making up stories, and they can look deeper into the case to see what may be causing the strange occurances.)*

I am like you about the orbs. I don't really buy into them. However, I have to admit, of all the ones I have seen, these have the strongest and most visible I have seen yet. And some of the pictures have what looks like at least 50 of them, they are everywhere.

Very interesting read NME, ty for posting it ^_^

Edited by Carrie Anne

I've just realised - it means AOL screen name (duh @ me ffs) I tried to set it up on an UM blog but had so many probs getting pics on I did it on AOL. If you have AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) try using your AIM screen name; other than that I'll have to create another non-AOL one, sorry :blush:

Right had an idea. If you try the above and it still doesn't work, email me on bebi1st@aol.com with subject header of "Journal Comment from (UM Screen name)" and I'll post your comments on the journal. Just put in the email body a header of which entry you're replying to with your Comments underneath and I'll be able to post it in the right place :tu:

This goes for anyone who can't add comments themselves :)

Link again to save searching for it

AWESOME!!! Modern day Ghost busters :tu: I never thought about that! The only problem I can see is that once the word gets out, every nut and fruitcake (no offense to anyone) in the area is gonna be calling, whether they have experienced anything or not.

Right indeed, another freakin' Pandoras Box.

"Every nut and Fruitcake"? ahhh.. they are plentiful.

Interesting topic.

I've been lurking these boards and decided to register, this seems like a good place to learn some things.

Anyway, I was a St. Louis city police officer when I started to get into paranormal investigations. What got me started is that there were two haunted locations in my patrol area that caused us problems. One location was an abandoned hospital & we would get calls there mostly for people tresspassing & reporting being attacked there, and people seeing lights & figures in the windows. Anyway, we were always told by our superiors to never enter that hospital unless given permission by a shift commander, the reason was b/c an officer fell through the floor in there. It was a pretty scary place, local homeless people in the area would rather sleep out in the elements than spend any amount of time in there. The second location that gave us problems was an old duplex where a Bosnian family had lived for a while. We would get calls from them about intruders, and this family would be freaked out badly, but we'd never find anyone in the place, or any signs of forced entry. To make this story short, this place was one of my first investigations, and it was quite a doozy. I work with a sensitive (or psychic) on my investigations, and she helped out with this case. She was able to see that this residence was occupied by three human spirits, two demons, and one devil. Maybe one day I'll tell the full story of this investigation, but during the course of it I saw and experienced things that I hope none of you here will ever have to experience. The residence has since burnt to the ground, which is probably for the better.

Interesting topic.

I've been lurking these boards and decided to register, this seems like a good place to learn some things.

Anyway, I was a St. Louis city police officer when I started to get into paranormal investigations. What got me started is that there were two haunted locations in my patrol area that caused us problems. One location was an abandoned hospital & we would get calls there mostly for people tresspassing & reporting being attacked there, and people seeing lights & figures in the windows. Anyway, we were always told by our superiors to never enter that hospital unless given permission by a shift commander, the reason was b/c an officer fell through the floor in there. It was a pretty scary place, local homeless people in the area would rather sleep out in the elements than spend any amount of time in there. The second location that gave us problems was an old duplex where a Bosnian family had lived for a while. We would get calls from them about intruders, and this family would be freaked out badly, but we'd never find anyone in the place, or any signs of forced entry. To make this story short, this place was one of my first investigations, and it was quite a doozy. I work with a sensitive (or psychic) on my investigations, and she helped out with this case. She was able to see that this residence was occupied by three human spirits, two demons, and one devil. Maybe one day I'll tell the full story of this investigation, but during the course of it I saw and experienced things that I hope none of you here will ever have to experience. The residence has since burnt to the ground, which is probably for the better.

As someone who's dealt with the demonic in the past, I feel bad for your sensitive, and what she had to have been dealing with with demons and a devil in residence. I also feel bad for you, once the darkness sees you, it never truly goes away.

As someone who's dealt with the demonic in the past, I feel bad for your sensitive, and what she had to have been dealing with with demons and a devil in residence. I also feel bad for you, once the darkness sees you, it never truly goes away.

Well, we're both OK now, and continue to do investigations together. This incident happened back in 2000 so we've had a while to heal so to say. We just did our best to try and put it out of our minds. We had to tell ourselves those forces weren't after us, the family they were assaulting was their target & we just got in the way by trying to help. We felt relieved when we heard that home burnt down. My sensitive dealt with more mental anguish type issues than I did. Being a former police officer, it kind of toughens you mentally because of the things you see & deal with everyday, but believe me I still get pretty unnerved when I think about that time. The entities there affected her mind worse than mine I believe b/c she is a sensitive and I'm not, I admit it. One of the entities, probably the devil there physically made me very ill during the course of the investigation. Anyway, if I would have known what was there, I would have never investigated & I just would have told the family to get out. We really thought it was just a "routine" haunting at first, but then the malevolent entities revealed themselves later on when we least expected.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with the demonic also. What was it that you dealt with if you don't mind me asking?

Well, we're both OK now, and continue to do investigations together. This incident happened back in 2000 so we've had a while to heal so to say. We just did our best to try and put it out of our minds. We had to tell ourselves those forces weren't after us, the family they were assaulting was their target & we just got in the way by trying to help. We felt relieved when we heard that home burnt down. My sensitive dealt with more mental anguish type issues than I did. Being a former police officer, it kind of toughens you mentally because of the things you see & deal with everyday, but believe me I still get pretty unnerved when I think about that time. The entities there affected her mind worse than mine I believe b/c she is a sensitive and I'm not, I admit it. One of the entities, probably the devil there physically made me very ill during the course of the investigation. Anyway, if I would have known what was there, I would have never investigated & I just would have told the family to get out. We really thought it was just a "routine" haunting at first, but then the malevolent entities revealed themselves later on when we least expected.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with the demonic also. What was it that you dealt with if you don't mind me asking?

That is a story I do not relate to people, sorry, it's long and when I talk about it, things begin to stir up again. To keep it as simple as possible, a close friend had a problem with what we thought was a ghost and I thought I could get rid of it. We were both wrong.

BTW welcome to UM. After dealing with these types of forces for as long as I have, I can tell you that having the family get out would not have solved the problem, as you may well know. I don't think I've ever been to or seen a "routine" haunting, each of the ones I've seen or been involved with was quite unique in its own ways, some terrifying, some just..........amazing. There are some that I will not even speak of. :unsure2:

Edited by EDW74

That is a story I do not relate to people, sorry, it's long and when I talk about it, things begin to stir up again. To keep it as simple as possible, a close friend had a problem with what we thought was a ghost and I thought I could get rid of it. We were both wrong.

BTW welcome to UM. After dealing with these types of forces for as long as I have, I can tell you that having the family get out would not have solved the problem, as you may well know. I don't think I've ever been to or seen a "routine" haunting, each of the ones I've seen or been involved with was quite unique in its own ways, some terrifying, some just..........amazing. There are some that I will not even speak of. :unsure2:

Hey that's quite alright if you don't want to talk about your experience. My friend tells me we should never speak of the things we experienced together because she believes it could bring dark entities back into our lives, so I don't talk much about mine either (in detail at least).

What I meant by "routine" haunting is one by human spirits. From what I understand, demonic type hauntings are fairly rare and extrordinary. My friend and I were just unlucky enough to get caught up in one. The family that we tried to help now lives in suburban Chicago, and they are free of supernatural problems, which is good to know. My friend from what she could gather from the energy in the house, believed that someone at some period in time had probably practiced Satanic/Occult rituals in this home which may have created a "spiritual hot spot" of sorts. I'm sure it's possible those entities could have been called there. In her opinion the problem was the house itself because of these reasons, and so therefore anyone entering or living there was subject to attack. It was quite an old home, and people had died there and their spirits remained. The dark entities oppressed the human spirits there according to my friend. When that home burnt in 2003, I contacted the fire investigator to see what caused this home to burn. They could not find a definitive cause, and he had to classify it as unexplained...which is pretty odd.

Anyway I'm off to bed for the night, nice chatting with you Ed.

Hey that's quite alright if you don't want to talk about your experience. My friend tells me we should never speak of the things we experienced together because she believes it could bring dark entities back into our lives, so I don't talk much about mine either (in detail at least).

What I meant by "routine" haunting is one by human spirits. From what I understand, demonic type hauntings are fairly rare and extrordinary.

Anyway I'm off to bed for the night, nice chatting with you Ed.

She has a very good and valid point on the first part of this.

And in the red I whole-heartedly agree and for it I am thankful.

Nice chatting with you too JJ, make sure to come back and check in with us from time to time.

Edited by EDW74

Right indeed, another freakin' Pandoras Box.

"Every nut and Fruitcake"? ahhh.. they are plentiful.

So very true :yes: and it is so sad :( They will give the rest of the people, with real paranormal problems, a bad name I bet.

However, I sure would love to be a fly on the wall to hear some of the things they do, the crazies calling in. They should make a special section on their website for that! :lol:

Interesting topic.

That sounds quite scary!!! I would love to hear about the things you experienced in that home.

My mother is friends with the night shift police officers here in Oklahoma City (the ones that work the streets close to her work) because they come to her work when they have time, so I am going to have to ask them if they have had any "haunting" calls. I have heard some crazy stories already from them, either related to me by my mom or by them when going by her work at night. It never occured to me before now to ask.

Great thread guys! ***BTW*** If I get any tales out of them, I will post asap. My mom goes back to work Tuesday night, so I will tell her to ask them when they come in.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say that the Phenomena Police have photos with an SLR camera with NO FLASH. They have orbs in the daylight. What do you think? :o

Just wanted to say that the Phenomena Police have photos with an SLR camera with NO FLASH. They have orbs in the daylight. What do you think? :o

orbs come out during the day... let me dig up one of my daytime orb photos I took of my neighbor's son.

Until then, have anyone thought of other possibilitites? Like these?

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/fak...iral_close.html

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/fake/timedx.html

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/fake/badfilm.html

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/fake/japan1.html

Edited by NME_locus

*Edit i have found the slr photos, comments on them down bottom\/

ive looked on their site and all i saw was the photos of orbs typical to dust pollen etc + compact cameras.

their video clip shows compacts too and some terrible examples of the camera fooling the investigators.

without looking at it, it could be down to insects or plant bits (like dandelion things) in strong sunlight, flare from the sun, dirty lens, mould on lens, any number of things.

those are good examples of fakes/mistakes nme.

i was thinking of setting up a site with false 'ghost' images i would create but it seems this has done it for me.

as for opening up pandoras box, well its already happened.

i would agree that most police officers (especially american.. sorry) are incredibly arrogant as they are used to being in charge and correct, of course i dont speak for them all but a lot.

Orbs have already been shown in the media world as spiritual evidence, i would imagine this is primarily because its the only outcome of any investigation ever, EVAAH!! well not always of course but 99.9999998% of the time which is incredibly dissapointing.

you all knew this anyway, i just felt like whining

Ok for the slr camera photos.

First off, i am VERY DOUBTFUL That these were taken with the camera suggested (canon eos 20d) Because of the quality of the photos. take a look yourself:

ParanormalPolice photos:

http://phenomenapolice.com/NOFLASH1.jpg

http://phenomenapolice.com/NOFLASH2.jpg

http://phenomenapolice.com/NOFLASH3.jpg

And compare them to this sites review including image samples.

http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canoneos20d_samples/

Please note the samples are resized on here, but the full size versions are available. this camera takes 8.2 millionpixel photos

i will finish this later i have to go out ahh!

Continued...

this may have been simply because of a mistake from reading the box of the camera wrong or anything really, but it is definately a print that has been scanned, from a horrid camera or nasty film.

It may well be a slr 35mm camera, but im now even more doubtful of their claims.

Photo One is a common site, its simply hair in front of the lens, very easy to replicate this, try it yourself, if you have long hair or pull some out :S and put in front of the lens and take a shot.

Photo Two Looks to be lens flare, the photographer would be in a beam of light unseen in the photo, you can see that the light is coming in from the left side of the photo through the trees in the background,

look up lens flare in google for some sites explaining how it happens, a similar picture is here to show it, http://static.flickr.com/32/49102024_80bbd5064e_m.jpg

it can happen when you least would expect it, and can be in many shapes, forms etc such as white dots, colorful streaks and in different colours.

Photo Three, well to me it looks as though a flash may have been used, i know they say it hasnt, its not the orb that makes me say this, but the overall exposure of the shot, and a clear flash fall off pattern visable on the ceiling/roof of the house.

You can see the bright direct sunlight in the background is lighting up the background fairly well.

What i would expect to see if no flash was used is dark, shadowed and underexposed faces due to the cameras light sensor seeing the bright sunlight, and exposing so that area of the photo is exposed correctly.

Because it has exposed for the background, the children especially the one closest to the camera would be very underexposed, leaving dark faces, or at least shadowed faces.

The photographer has purposely or inadvertantly had flash in, which has acted as fill in flash.

Which helped light the faces and front of the girls, (you can see this especially in the girl closest to the camera, her face is almost bright white!)

About the roof, check how as the roof area is closest in distance to the camera (middle and left) the roof is cleary illuminated quite well, you can see that the brightness falls off further away from the camera (far right).

This shouldnt happen if no flash was used, but considering they do claim that no flash was used i might suggest that there was a bright reflectiong coming from somwhere, possibly the house which would also be able to light up any dust causing that orb, but in my opinion which may vary in credibility i would say a flash was used, probably by accident they didnt even realise it B)

But nevermind the orb on the 3rd photo, Check out that ectoplasm action attacking the children!? RUN!! :tu:

Edited by jonb