Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elderly US Killer Loses Mercy Bid

Elfstone810

Clarence Ray Allen, who is legally blind and uses a wheelchair, is now set to die by lethal injection on Tuesday, the day after his 76th birthday.

He has spent 23 years on death row for ordering the murder of three people.

Mr Schwarzenegger last month sparked anger when he denied former gang leader Stanley "Tookie" Williams clemency.

The governor's latest ruling means that barring a last-minute reprieve by the courts, Allen will be executed as scheduled at San Quentin prison.

His lawyer said Allen, who is also partially deaf, had ordered a "hefty" last meal and was looking forward to a birthday visit by his grandchildren on Monday.

California's oldest death row resident had appealed to Mr Schwarzenegger for a reprieve on the grounds he was too aged and infirm to execute.

Full article here

You know, he does have a point, though. :unsure: They should have killed him while he was young and healthy. <_<

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• __Kratos__

• twpdyp

• 40nrockinon

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I find disturbing about this case is he has been breathing for 23 years after he was sentenced to die for his actions. I think it sucks to be him and I wish him death on Tuesday. :)

Only thing I find disturbing about this case is he has been breathing for 23 years after he was sentenced to die for his actions. I think it sucks to be him and I wish him death on Tuesday. :)

My feelings exactly, it took them 23 years! In Indiana the average time for death row is something like ten or twelve years. But I don't really care how old he is, he's still a murderer so hang him high. (so to speak)

^

l agree , he did the crime he should be executed for it no matter how old he is . l also find it

disturbing that he has been breathing for 23 years after he was sentenced to die for his actions

The governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has refused to grant clemency to a killer who asked to be spared because of his age and frailty.

Clarence Ray Allen, who is legally blind and uses a wheelchair, is now set to die by lethal injection on Tuesday, the day after his 76th birthday.

He has spent 23 years on death row for ordering the murder of three people.

Mr Schwarzenegger last month sparked anger when he denied former gang leader Stanley "Tookie" Williams clemency.

The governor's latest ruling means that barring a last-minute reprieve by the courts, Allen will be executed as scheduled at San Quentin prison.

His lawyer said Allen, who is also partially deaf, had ordered a "hefty" last meal and was looking forward to a birthday visit by his grandchildren on Monday.

California's oldest death row resident had appealed to Mr Schwarzenegger for a reprieve on the grounds he was too aged and infirm to execute.

But, in a written statement, the governor said his crimes were too serious for life imprisonment to be appropriate.

While already behind bars serving life for murder, Allen ordered the killing by hitmen of three witnesses whose testimony helped convict him.

Allen ordered the killing of three witnesses who helped convict him.

Mr Schwarzenegger said: "Allen's crimes are the most dangerous sort because they attack the justice system itself. The passage of time does not excuse Allen from the jury's punishment."

His lawyers have appealed to the US Supreme Court to stay his execution on the grounds that it would be cruel and unusual punishment because of his infirmity.

Anti-death penalty campaigners have also rallied on his behalf, although his case has not seen the kind of celebrity support shown for Williams last month.

Williams, who co-founded the Crips, one of the world's biggest and deadliest gangs, was executed by lethal injection on 13 December.

Celebrities and civil rights groups argued his sentence should be commuted to life because he had spent years in prison campaigning against gang violence.

He is to frail to excute!!! Heck it will make it easier. Excuses, excuses get on with it already.

He was sentenced to life in prison for commissioning the murder of his son's girlfriend in 1974. Then, in 1980, he was convicted and sentenced to death for ordering the murders of eight witnesses of the first murder from his cell. While killing the first of these targets, his hit man also killed two unconnected teenagers on the scene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Ray_Allen

Too frail to execute? Whatta bout the people that he killed??? Did he take into consideration their health & well-being? DON'T THINK SO!!!! :angry2: :angry2:

If you read the entire article you'll see that he didn't give a rat's about anyone but himself. I say, "Let him burn in HELL!!!" :angry2:

40nrockinon :devil:

P.S. The sooner the better!!! <_<

I am always confused on why it takes so long to execute someone that is on death row? Surely once convicted they can be dragged immediately to the chair and plugged in?

Can someone enlighten me on the delayed process?

Merged topics.

^ It's all bureaucracy. <_< Paper work, as many appeals as possible, trying to find new witnesses or evidence.... then you have those bleeding heart groups that fund all this of course so the state has to foot the court costs and more. It's really all a waste of a time for justice.

I really love it when you get a stone cold killer up and the bleeding heart groups talk about him like he was an altar boy from a child and has a damn pair of wings on his back. :rolleyes:

23 years of bureaucracy... I find it hard to believe how anyone could defend someone like this, he should have been pushing up daisy's a long time ago.

23 years on death row is a long time, but he is finally getting it and there is no coming back. As Mr Schwarzenegger would say, "Terminated."

I find it sad that this man sat on Death Row for 23 years. It is a terrible thing to have to do, in probably one of the most Horrific places on Earth waiting on death row.

Do an experiment today if you will everyone, Meditation practice if you will.

Go Home, and goto a closet that you have. Sit in the closet for 1 hour.. Just 1 hour, take a TV if you like, or a book, cause inmates get access to these things. However if you bring a TV, dont turn it to a channel you like, In jail you never get to watch the good stuff, Unless the Jeffersons, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, or the cosby show is somthing u watch. Now after your hour is up, Imagion the full length of that hour, now try to multiply what that time would feel like 24 times. Now try to imagion how long that 24 hours is, 365 times. Now try to imagion that 365, 23 times.

Now imagine that every time you are let outta your closet, you see the biggest, meanest, mother ******s you have ever seen in your life, all wanting to get a piece of you.

It is truly sad. Although this man was probably made part of the institution early in life, and is probably at home in jail, it is WAY TOO LONG, for anyone to have to stay on death row, only to be executed later.

The fact he is a murderer, is just that.. Its a fact, and the man was sentenced to death, and I believe that sentence should be upheld. However to hold this man MY ENTIRE 23 year lifetime, only to put him to death, seems extreme.

To think the jail has made $250 dollars a DAY, off of this man, Since the Day I Was Born, and they are executing him now. Im not saying dont kill this man, but just kill him while he still has a spirit, not after he has been broken, and turned into an animal himself.