Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada, an Evolving Military

Stellar

Well, I'm not sure how many non Canadians (or canadians for that matter) know about this, but the CF is rapidly transforming. Conservatives are talking about reopening the airborn regiment, and theres an effort to create another special forces regiment, called the Joint Action Task Force. What do you think about the increasing militarisation of the CF?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Stellar

• Natael

• Glacies

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure how many non Canadians (or canadians for that matter) know about this, but the CF is rapidly transforming. Conservatives are talking about reopening the airborn regiment, and theres an effort to create another special forces regiment, called the Joint Action Task Force. What do you think about the increasing militarisation of the CF?

as a proud canadian, I am unsure as to how to react to this...I dissaprove of canada as anything but a peacekeeping country...though the patriotic feeling that we need to get a better military for defence purposes does come to the forefront of my mind as well...not sure what to think here...so I'll just have to say, since i cant stand the conservatives, I'll say this is a negative development.

I wish I could find positive things to say about this, but I can't.

If Canada is trying to raise military strength, that must mean that somewhere, somehow, they stopped using diplomacy... and now they're going to take human lives.

I have a bad feeling about this. :mellow:

With the way things are going lately and the onset of the new nuclear threat, I for one,think that Canada needs to be ready to respond. If for no other reason than to prevent being viewed as the softer of the targets.

When the Terror Army learns to grow mushrooms, Civilization is going to need the assets of all of its adherents. The more effective those assets are, the better the worlds chances will be.

Like it or not, we are the heirs to Plato, Asop, and Socrates. If evil wins, all the works of mankind will be lost. Remember what they did to those ancient statues in Afganistan? They stood for a thousand years! They vanished in a hailstorm of radical islamic explosives. What do you think would happen to what remains of the records of the Greeks? The Romans? The Celts? The Aztecs? Elvis???

We have all wanted to be a part of something that mattered. Every since we first saw Star Wars / Star Trek / M*A*S*H*. We have all always wanted to make a difference. We've looked back at the "Greatest Generation" and honored them. Today, we face a greater threat than the NAZI's. If you have ever cried at the grave of a grand parent, then you owe it to them to support what ever must be done to preserve what they fought for. If they'd lost WWII, we would've had a cold war with the NAZI's. If we were to lose the challenge at hand today, history will be re-written. Your loved ones will written off as capitolistic fools who worshipped something other than "ALLAH".

The Army of Darkness will obliterate the crosses of Normandy and Arlington. The Terror Army is a means to revive everything that the rest of the world shook off our shoes at the end of the dark ages. Theocracy in all it's forms, lost its right to rule nations when Galileo did something that the church said he couldn't do. He looked up.

Do you want to forever look toward the past as a limit on your future? Would you rather look toward your children as the futures unlimited possibility? I would rather that some good people die than to see all our futures end.

History has shown us time and time again, Evil concurs when good people do nothing, Canada, hear the call. Now is the time for all good peoples to be ready. Plato is counting on YOU!

Edited by Lord Umbarger

I think it is a good idea, for missions that are too big for the infantry but not big enough for JTF-2. Besuides the Tories cant make an airborne regiment if they are elected, its allready in the workd :P. This is just CAR with a new name and mandate.

I wonder what types of vehicals will be allocated to them.

~Thanato

I agree with this completely.. as peaceful a country as we are when war breaks out we will end up being a soft target and we will have to rely completely on the US to help us.. The whole world doesn't care how peaceful we are and so we need to be ready and need to be able to rely on ourselves. The CF need to be one of the best in the world. :)

well Canada definatly needs to be ready for action. cause if we jump Iran and Syria, the rest of the Middle East will jump.

it would be cool if Canada started the FSSF back up. B)

(a joint American-Canadian task force that ecceled in Demolitions,Mountain Warfare, Parachute Infantry Warfare,and Beachhead assault)

Edited by PadawanOsswe