Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Hello Momma...do you hear me

I like to think you can

If you do....I love you

I know you understand...........

Edited by Cloudshill

I lost my mom on May 29, 1992. she was only 42 yrs. old. She got sick and didn't take care of herself so she just continued to get worse, this went on for a few months then she had to be hospitalized. She (linda), was in the ICU ward for 2 months, then she died. I Love you mom!!!! I wish that you would've listened to me all those times i kept telling you to go to the doctor, then maybe you would still be here to see your great-grandbaby's smile.

I miss you very much mom.

My grandma (dorothy) died Aug. 22, 1993. she lost her will to live after my mom died, she gave up on life. I Love you grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy that at least you and my mom got to enjoy my kids for a little while before you passed away. I wish i could snap my fingers and bring you back here. I really miss you and I love you.

on Dec. 16, 2008, my dog, Missey (13 years old), died from heart failure. We had her since she was 5 weeks old. My baby girley pup, I miss you and i wish you were here with me right now. You were the best dog I ever had, very loving, intelligent, loyal, and you also enjoyed being a silly girl because you knew it made your family smile. I love you, my puppy princess.

I lost my bestfriend when he was 12years old...He died in a car crash.....I dont know people say that it was his uncle who killed him and his family to gain wealth his father had....Dear Friend...I love you so much...

Thanks

B???

James - I'm wracking my brains out trying to think of something meaningful to write. I regret so many things, but I'm glad you're no longer suffering. I wish you could of been a real brother to me, but I know it wasn't your fault. I was ashamed of you at so many points in my life, and for that I'm sorry. Right now I'm ashamed of myself. But apparently I never experienced the real you, I never really knew you. You were my big brother but you couldn't live up to that title. I would have turned out so much differently if you were... normal. Life would have been so much easier, I'd like to imagine. I blame you for a lot of things... if only you could of at least talked back, but that wasn't your fault either. Who knows, it could of made things harder still. I'll be honest, you were a burden to this family. I know it sounds harsh, but that's usually the nature of the truth. Some how you managed to scrape twenty-one... well done, I suppose. When you died, practically surrounded by strangers in 2006 we received the news via telephone. I'll never forget that day and how things panned out, everyone's reactions. It was like a bombshell. I hid from view and just sat on the ground in silence. Until I could fight back the tears no longer, I never saw your body... I don't know why I chose not to. I suppose it scared me, I was younger then. I think it would have damaged me beyond repair. I cried harder than I ever have in my entire life until that point. Losing a family member is the single most emotionally stressful experience I've ever had. Truly. I just wanted to give up and crawl into the deepest hole available, suddenly it was the day of your funeral. How I managed to show up, I'll never know. From start to finish my eyes were streaming, I couldn't talk properly to anyone outside my immediate family. A priest I absolutely loathed was hosting the sermon. No matter, I still watched and listened occasionally burying my head in my own lap, or leaning on someones shoulder. The most unbearable part for me was at the very end and during the cremation. They played the theme song of Thomas the Tank Engine. While everyone else was laughing in joyous bliss, I cried so vigorously, I'd rather not remember the precise moment my heart was torn out. I haven't been to your memorial site since, I know I'm a horrible sister. I don't think about you every moment of the day, but when I do, I pay for it. It seems like an entire lifetime since the last moment I saw you alive. I think it's partly because of you that I won't let another man or brother-like figure into my life. It would feel wrong, like betraying you or something. Even if you never really lived up to those expectations. I still suffer in silence when someone mentions your name.

I don't feel like paragraphing...

And just so you know... I love you. Although it seems kind of trivial right now. But love conquers all, right? Even through life and death, all you need is love to survive... Big brother. I've never really called you that before.

Wow, this sounds more like some cheese infused diary entry. :hmm:

Sorry for the sob story, if anyone bothered to read it, haha...

hmmmm.... my poopy, you were a great friend. I could play with you all day, and take you outside and run with you. You were pretty damn smart too, you could play soccer lol.. everyone misses you buddy.

My Uncle Boo.. Never got to know you well but you seemed cool.

• 4 weeks later...

In remembrance of my Dad who passed away Nov. 3rd 2008. Just three days after my birthday but at least he gave me the best gift on my birthday by being able to be awake and talk to me for the last time. We miss and love you Dad.

Edited by Blue Box

Sally

It's been a year

Since you were here

Since you went away

But you're still here

Within my heart

And that is where you'll stay

On your death anniversary dad. I love and miss you more than words can describe. ♥♥♥

Young and beofre he met my mother:

linked-image

Just before his death:

linked-image

((Yes he had one blue eye and one brown eye. He was blind in one eye from birth. He was also the fastest -huge man- in the NFL when he played professional. He was 6 foot 5 and just under 300 pounds of shear muscle. His nickname was Cyclops.))

I love and miss you dad. Your birthday girl.

• 2 weeks later...
A moments silence for all those who have lost homes, memories, loved ones and lives to the Victoria bushfires

Some of the victims of the fires

:cry: So very sad! My heart and prayers go out to their loved ones, and may they and all who have died RIP! :cry:

Edited by swtp

• 3 weeks later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!! My sister would have been 50 yrs old today. I love you and miss you and think of you always.........Please keep watch over Paris and Cricket. xoxoxoxoxoxox E.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm it was a long time ago when I was very young but I would like to remember this one person who was a friend to me.

Jay. I don't remember his last name. He died of liver failure before reaching the third grade. Even though you lived a short life you were a kind person. Thanks man for getting me down from the monkey bar dome thing when I was younger. A good person to the end. You should have lived longer for if anyone desearved to live longer it was you. Thanks for being a great human being.

That is seriously a real person. A great person. Who was nice to everyone he met. He had this one disease. I don't remember what it was called but he needed a new liver and never got one.

I would also like to remember my grandfather who recently passed away after a battle with cancer. He was a good man. I will take memories of him into the future and all tha good times we shared. I will miss him.

I would also like to remember my step grandmother who died a few years ago. God rest her soul. She was a kind person and will be missed.

Then I would like to remember the Grandmothes and father I never met as they died before I was born. I am sure if we met we would have had good memories.

Then there is my Uncle Richard who passed away when I was very young. A great man. God rest his soul.

This is quite a sad topic. Thanks for allowing me to share these peoples memory with you all.

• 3 months later...

7th July - The day we meet to raise a glass and celebrate mums life on the aniversary of the day of her passing, 5 years to the day she was taken from us by Cancer.

There is no death, only a change of worlds.

Cherokee Prayer blessing

May the Warm Winds of Heaven

Blow softly upon your house.

May the Great Spirit

Bless all who enter there.

May your Moccasins

Make happy tracks

in many snows,

and may the Rainbow

Always touch your shoulder.

X

• 1 month later...

My thoughts are with John Mac and family after losing Sgt Paul McAleese to a road side bomb in Afghanistan, Paul leaves behind a wife jo and his baby boy Charley who was born the week before he was deployed to Afghanistan.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a beautiful memeber from UM. Spirit Dust,... she was a wonerful writer and had the spirit of an angel.

I never did hear whether or not she won her fight and her writtings are forever an inspiration!

Bless.

To my Auntie Valda, we love you!

• 1 month later...

In loving memory of a former UM poster, called Vimjams, who died of cancer in April 2005. Perhaps no one can remember him now. Just in case you're wondering, I'm his daughter.

• 4 weeks later...

Remembering you on your birthday dad. I miss you so much :(

I

I miss Dave, one of the best friends I ever had.

• 1 month later...

This is in memory of my son who passed away almost one year to this day.

This is also in memory of his friend who died the very same day.

We miss them both so terribly.

And also in memory of the other victims who died tragically this fateful day in December 2008.

Your family and friends miss you all terribly, and more and more recently.

We all miss you, and we all hope you're happy where you are now.

May you all rest peacefully.

Que Dieu ait leurs âmes.

09121507028.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So many people have posted their rememberances on here...to you all, I offer my most sincere condolences.

Sorry if this is long, guys, but I kinda wanted to say all the things I never got to say to my loved ones before they died.

To Papa, who died 3 years ago, I miss you. My fondest memories are of you, from riding on your back like a horse, to you teaching me how to fish. I remember calling you all excited when I caught 7 fish in 1 day, and you were SO proud! You were always kind to me, and gave me my passion for writing. If ever I publish a book, your name will be first on my dedication. You raised 4 wonderful girls, and turned them into 4 amazing women. I'm glad that I was born to one of those women, and that I, in turn, gave life to 4 wonderful children. I am so blessed that they all got to meet you before you passed away. Mom told me how Al and his fiance went to see you, and you told them, "Hopefully I'll be home in time to see your wedding." Well, you DID go home, just not the earthly one we all wanted. I miss you so much, it feels like a part of my heart is gone. XOXO.

To Gramma Rose...boy, were you ever a *firecracker*! LOL Always telling stories about Papa's escapades when he was a boy, and making THE most awesome blueberry pie I've ever had. I still drive by your house every once in a while, and remember all the fun we had climbing through the barbed-wire fence in the backyard, trying to keep away from the bull penned up there, then picking all the burrs off our clothes once we got to the other side. All the time I knew you, I never knew you had any kind of illness; you never complained about it (at least in front of me). You are the one who inspired me to start crocheting, after all the wonderful handmade Barbie clothes you gave me. I miss you.

To my "G.G." The most proper, ladylike woman I have ever known. I remember Mom telling me about all the fancy dinner parties you would have, and how she loved to dress up and act like a grown-up during them. I loved your bright white hair, how regal you looked with it all done up. I really thought that you might've been a princess, or at least a dutchess. I'm sorry I didn't come to visit you more in the nursing home. I feel bad, even though I know you usually didn't recognize me, or thought I was my Mom. I think of you often, and miss you greatly.

To Grandpa John...Although I didn't know you very long, Matt always beams proudly when he tells the story of how you smiled at me when we went to visit you in the hospital. You were his best-loved relative, and he speaks of you often. He tells stories of your many adventures together, from the times you would take him to the store and buy him treats, to the various times you had to drive him to the ER for his broken bones, cuts, or sprains. All the time you took to talk with him has never faded from his mind. I wish I could've met you when you were well; I'm sure we would've grown close. If I knew any Italian, I'd tell you to Rest in Peace in your native language.

To my friend Erin's brother Jeremy, who accidentally hung himself in the backyard (long story)...you were always such a happy kid, going to Boy Scouts, playing trucks in your room, and messing with the dogs. LOL Erin might've pestered you and vice versa, but she was devastated to find you that day. I know she had a hard time dealing with the pain, only because she truly did love you very much. I was horrified to know that such a terrible accident had happened, to know that such a young life was cut so short. I'll always remember your wide, mischeivous smile and your curly dark hair, your endlessly dark eyes. Miss you, Jer. RIP.

To seanph who passed away two weeks before Christmas, 2009. I've only recently received an email from his family expressing to us his premature end. My friend, your wit, humour, extensive knowledge, and company on these boards for the past several years will not go forgotten. You will be sorely missed :cry:

Edited by Paranoid Android