Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Owl, went away on her own last year, no she isn't dead just so you know. I want to give a shout out to all my family members and friends even strangers who I met briefly, to say love you and thank you and I know all of you are watching over us (me) and probably laughing your butts off at some of the things I do. So thank you for having to put up with me and for light always emitting.

Everyone's post touched my heart, especially from seeing their loved ones, very beautiful.

The day George Carlin passed away, much wit and wisdom went with him. Aside from being humorous, he was deeply philosophical and his social commentary is something that posterity will look back on as the voice of a wise minority during his lifetime. RIP George

2nl4ikz.jpg

Edited by Fernand0

• 3 weeks later...

7th July - The day we meet to raise a glass and celebrate mums life on the aniversary of the day of her passing, 6 years to the day she was taken from us by Cancer. "what is life. It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath if a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

There is no death Mum, only a change of worlds.. XxX

Rivka — Just so you know that you aren’t forgotten. May your soul rest in peace in heaven.

10280535.gif

Agnès — You were such a great friend, how can I ever forget you on your birthday? Dt HH. May your soul rest in peace in heaven.

142509726.jpg

Edited by allison1597

B.M. Wish you were here. Our rangers are in first place. Its been 6 years, fills like a life time.

Think of you every time I watch a ballgame.

See you again nepew.

• 5 weeks later...

Meh! This post is late but I've been working up to it.

In memory of Yelekiah, who was killed on August 11, 2008. We had some fun times here together. I received a wonderful education in philosophy and theology which I will never forget.

"There is no salvation, just enlightenment"

PEACE

Lapii'che n'well nii tii's

In memory of Yelekiah, who was killed on August 11, 2008. We had some fun times here together. I received a wonderful education in philosophy and theology which I will never forget.

PEACE

What are you talking about Yelekiah that posted a ton here on UM? If so, what the hell, he was killed?

In memory of my pet chicken Chickie who died on New Year's Eve 2010. I still miss her cluck-cluck-clucking and how she ate corn from my hand. I like it when she pecked my palm. It felt really good, like a massage. I miss that. I miss you and I love you so much, Chickie! Hope you get plenty of rice and corn in chicken-heaven. :(

What are you talking about Yelekiah that posted a ton here on UM? If so, what the hell, he was killed?

Yes, It was "she" and since she was a really private person I don't want to get into details here.

Lapiche bro

PEACE

I came to know about Yelekiah about 6 years back, when I started one of my most popular threads about Islam (http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53984&hl) we talked a lot, she asked questions, supported me at times, and always conveyed her thoughts. she was a kind and peaceful lady. :'(

You'll be missed.

What hurts me the most is the fact that I came to know about her demise about 4 months back, and I was totally shocked... :(

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Well .. I miss many things ,i wasn't in my country since 1981, we scaped from there because my family were working for Shah of Iran .

-I miss my all friends from school,american school and also french music school .

-I miss neighberhood .

-I miss the fresh air of north of Tehran .

-I miss my grandparents which died there and i never could see them again .

-I miss a girl which was american and i lost her because she and her family returned to USA before revulotion and i couldn't find her yet.

-I miss those good,kind,nice Tehrani people.

-I miss my toys .

-I miss my Elvis cassets.

-I miss M.Monroe poster in my room.

-I miss my City in north of Tehran..Shemiran .

-I miss all stuff about Iran ... all ..

I would like to come back ... I hope God is reading my lines in this thread.

Someone who went away two months ago. Yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

:cry: This one is for my Grandma who died today, September 13th 2010. She was a wonderful person, funny, spunky, full of wonderful stories of her past, and will be greatly missed by all who knew her. My husband put it nicely she was a Granny to all who knew her even if she was not your real Granny. :cry: Good-bye Granny and we all love ya wherever you are.

post-65045-097042900 1284411873_thumb.jppost-65045-070696900 1284411891_thumb.gipost-65045-069682000 1284411857_thumb.gi

Edited by Blue Box

This one is for my Grandma who died today, September 13th 2010.

I lost my grandma many years ago... she was in Iran and all her family very far away from her ... :(

I will pray for her to night too.

Rest in peace .

• 3 weeks later...

To my beautiful Grandmother,

I know you are with Opa and you longed to be with him for a very long time, but I miss you. It's bloody hard with no one to take care of me now. I am trying hard but I am failing a little bit.

All my love XXX

• 4 weeks later...

I miss and love the hell out of my Grandpa and Grandma. They raised me cuz' my Mom was a teen Mom and had some other issues too.

Gramps was the funniest guy I ever met ....if a girl who was a friend ever came by ( platonic) , he would say in that cool W.V. kinda accent " Boy...you doin' that gal?" when I would say " No were just friends" he would punch me in the arm and say " Well if you won't I will"

It was all good fun though cuz' he loved my Grandma with all his heart. Used to laugh my head off when they were in their 60's...he would catch her while she was doing dishes, sneak up and goose her. She would swear at him like a trucker!.. She was the best cook , gave me my first Mohawk and first tattoo and she once backhanded a neighbor ladt 10 feet across our lawn foir yelling at me when I was a kid.

I got my work ethic from him, my love for family from him, and my sense of pride+ all my height from her ( I'm 6 ft. 2" she was 6 foot in her youth -5-11 and a half as her bones shrank in old age)

Its been 19 and 18 years since they both passed and I still think of them everyday. My Wife gave me an awesome anniversary this year---- gift a pic of them roughly about our ages in a small frame.

Thanks for letting me babble....thanks for the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Ryan, never got the chance to meet you but still miss you everyday. 11/22/01- 02/18/02

RIP Papa. I miss you and your crazy chicken stories you would tell me in spanish even though I had no idea what you were saying :lol::wub: 04/23/31-09/17/00

My baby girl Nicole... that died several weeks ago... she will always be in my heart...

God bless you & your loved ones passed on. I am so moved with heartfealt compassion for all of the rememberances posted here.

"Hold dear the memories of our loved ones- never bitter for what we have lost nor in regret of the past, but always in the hope of the eternal kingdom of God where He may bring us together again."

I will miss you forever Daddy

03/12/40-14/08/09

post-104582-0-27078300-1289196992_thumb.

To Beckys_Mom, We in the UM forum are terribly sorry to hear your baby girl's passing. As a father of two sons as well my wife being the mother to deliver babies, I would think about how tragic it would be to lose a child myself.

In addition my 15 month old son has a name to honor my two grandfathers: Julian on my father's side died in July 2006 and Kenneth on my maternal side died in Nov. 2007 right before thanksgiving day, both were in their mid 80's. Their names are now immortalized as much I never forgot them.

To Beckys_Mom, We in the UM forum are terribly sorry to hear your baby girl's passing. As a father of two sons as well my wife being the mother to deliver babies, I would think about how tragic it would be to lose a child myself.

In addition my 15 month old son has a name to honor my two grandfathers: Julian on my father's side died in July 2006 and Kenneth on my maternal side died in Nov. 2007 right before thanksgiving day, both were in their mid 80's. Their names are now immortalized as much I never forgot them.

It is disturbing having to deliever a dead child...I couldn't allow my husband in to see it, I knew it would have hit him hard...I too couldn't watch anymore I covered my eyes as they carried her out of the room...

Thanks for the kind words and your understanding...

My baby girl Nicole... that died several weeks ago... she will always be in my heart...

Oh no, I didn't know that... I'm sorry ....

Oh no, I didn't know that... I'm sorry ....

It's ok... I am trying to learn how to deal with grief... its not easy but one day I will get there...they say - where there is a negative, it is followed by a positive..im hoping to see a positive... for now I will just do anyhting to take my mindaway from wanting to break down...and even thats not easy...when I close my lap topdown and if I am alone..I will break down but I take on other things to do to be more occupied

• 1 month later...