Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

In rememberance of my big brother Ljubomir who we tragically lost to heart failure Tuesday last week after a long illness - he fought so hard and gave us more years than he had. My heart has broken so many times since then and the pieces don't fit together the same anymore, always a piece will be missing but another filled to overflowing with memories of laughter and love. The funeral is tomorrow, I wish tomorrow would never come but if it must, I will celebrate his precious life and be thankful for all of it, especially for my wonderful nephew Joel, his precious son who has grown into a man of 20 years old now that my brother will look down upon with rightful pride.

• Like 3

Remembering one of my closest friends and my almost-other-brother, I miss you boo, Micheal Scott Rogers. Beaten to death by drunken friends. "Live happy, love long, and never forget." Remember me Boo.

Also mssing my lost brother, although i know he is still with me. Love you kid. Never forget.

Condolences to all who have lost, but "The life of the dead is placed in the minds of the living."- Marcus Tillius Cicero.

Edited by BNDGK
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is in memory of my mom dad, brother and sister who died tragically in a car accident 37 years ago today when I was nine-years old. The memories get hazier and it´s not so much that I miss you but rather mourn the lost opportunity of getting to know you. Life can really throw curve-balls at you sometimes but I am grateful for the few memories I have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the 11th. anniversary of the death of HM The Queen Mother, aged 101. RIP Ma'am.

• Like 2

In remembrance of my dearest friend Liz. You were so bright and beautiful, and even when you were suffering so terribly while going through chemotherapy, you still managed to cheer up everyone who knew you.

I'll never forget you my sweetheart. Your pain is gone now and may you forever rest in peace.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

70 years ago tonight, 21 Avro Lancaster bombers of 617 Squadron led by Wing Commander Guy Gibson, took off into the darkening sky above RAF Scampton, Lincolnshire on a mission to breach the German dams (the Mohne, Eder and Sorpe).

So if you have a quiet moment between 9.30pm and 6.15am tomorrow, spare a thought for those 133 aircrew who took to the skies all that time ago, (especially the 53 who gave their lives.)

"Aprez Moi Le Deluge"

• Like 4

Remembering two people who shared the same first name :

My maternal grandfather whose birthday is 6 days away and who left us in 2010 after a long battle with paralysis and septicemia. I shared a special bond with him and he never shied away from declaring that I was his favourite grand daughter. I was the closest to him and as God would have it, I was the only one present when he took his last breaths. His 'Buru'(his nickname for me) misses him more with each passing day and hopes that his soul's at peace.

My father who left me alone in 2007. Although I have a stepdad, I'd like to tell him that no one can replace him. And that I still miss the way he pampered me and fulfilled all my whims and fancies. I hope he's at peace too. Miss you Dad.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Twelve years ago today you collapsed in front of me. I tried so hard but I could not save you. Mum, I still miss you every day.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Zoe

March 3, 2000-July 24, 2011

post-77721-0-11864400-1374677998_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

In honor of my close friend Josh, who took his life August, 4th, 2013.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Remembering my brother today. It would have been his birthday. Life goes on for the rest of us and even though we lost you many years ago, time doesn't count. You are still with us every minute of every day and are greatly missed. xxx

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Im an all round arty farty type. middle of the road and currently into Acoustic performances.

This is one of my numbers titled 'Requiem for Mothers'

Remeber times when we were young,

and all of the world was so...so full of fun,

and there was a warm, a warm hearted woman,

someone who held my hand,

some one who knew the man,

and there were times when we were young,

and all of our hurts were all soothed by our mum,

and she was the warm, the warm hearted woman,

some one who saw the man,

some one who helped me stand,

(refrain)

I need a warm hearted woman,

I need a, I need a, I need a ...warm hearted soul,

please be a warm, a warm hearted woman,

some one to love and hold,

some one who makes me bold. (end refrain)

Remember times, when we were young,

sharing a love in the heat of the sun,

and you were a warm, a warm hearted woman,

and I need somebody now,

I need a love so profound,

'cause there came a time, when we were young,

crying our tears in the night of no sun,

and it was our warm, our warm hearted woman,

some one who held my hand,

who helped me understand...

(refrain)...

So to all mothers...thank you....

Edited by mumanster

Missing my dad who passed away on 11th September 2007. May his soul rest in peace. Love you dad.

• Like 3

Missing my dad who passed away on 11th September 2007. May his soul rest in peace. Love you dad.

<3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the closest thing I ever had to a grandfather, a great uncle. I didn't appreciate him when I was younger, he was a gentleman who had seen awful things as a medic in the Korean War. As I grew older, I began to realize the values he tried to instill in an angry red faced 12 year old who looked for fights all the time. He died when I was first beginning playing football, and I missed his death, wake, and funeral because to me, it was more important to be at practice with my "friends." All of whom I lost contact with within a year. I went along angry, violent, and misanthropic until there became real legal issues, and upon turning 18 a man who knew him met me wandering empty streets alone w/ a knife flipped out in my pocket. He looked me in the eyes, and asked me what my Uncle would have thought about the man I was becoming. It was such a small moment, and that man died himself soon after, but it began my turnaround, I went to therapy, realized my issues, and slowly tired to become healthy.

I'll always owe him for the man I've become today, and I hope, when I get my masters degree soon, that I've made him proud in some way.

• Like 2

I miss my grandparents who passed away 8 weeks apart from each other. It'll be 2 years next summer..

I know how that is. My grandfather died in August of 2009 and grandmother in May of 2011.

It's hard to watch grandparents pass when they're people you look up to.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

- HK

I know how that is. My grandfather died in August of 2009 and grandmother in May of 2011.

It's hard to watch grandparents pass when they're people you look up to.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

- HK

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well. I was really close to mine so I was devastated but it's gotten a lot better. :)

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well. I was really close to mine so I was devastated but it's gotten a lot better. :)

It definitely takes some time, Ronnie. The important thing to remember is that they loved you and will always love you no matter what. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Today in the local Autism Society teachers awards luncheon, we remembered the teenage boy Blake (name withheld) who's life was cut short in a neuro-surgery 3 months ago. His mother spoke about him, along with his father and brother carrying his one year-old daughter as Blake was a good uncle. The local Autism Society took time out to remember him and looked back in his life, with pictures of Blake attending the society's teen group that offers social rec. activities for teens and young adults with autism.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In memory of Panther (9.5.2001-3.11.2013), my beloved dog. He was one of us; a family member. Thank you for these wonderful 12 years. I love you.

378185_4413472303018_2073619053_n.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

150px-RGR.jpg

I've received a letter today informing me of the death of a very old friend and comrade, Regimental Havildar-Major Devi Bahadur Gurung, ex-7th.Royal Gurkha Rifles, at the age of 88. We served together for many years, and he was my 'strong right arm' through a number of unpleasant experiences. He and his family travelled 50 miles over mountain roads to greet me whenever I returned to Nepal, (sometimes twice a year) I shall miss that dreadfully.

Johnny Gurkha

In the rattle of the battle

In the fog of fusillade

There's a comrade I'd have beside me

And no better friend was made.

He's a Gurkha from the Mountains

I'd have watch my left and right

And stalwart stand, kukri in hand

A Comrade day and night.

And when the battles over

You forget those bloody miles

And what sticks most is your courtly host

And those gentle Gurkha smiles.

And now I hear them marching

To the door of Number 10

They've come to say, we saved your day

And you throw us away again.

Refused the right to Doctors

Refused the right to stay

They've been our friends, right to the ends

How can we serve 'em this way?

You can thank your Gods, whichever Gods

You choose, why even Kali

They politely ask, don't take you to task

Or shout 'Ayo Gurkhali! '*

In every little skirmish,

In every war that's been

He's been our mate, since early date

In Eighteen Seventeen.

And now it's time to show the world

To lead by some example

To show these friends before it ends

Our gratitude is ample.

(Res John Burman)

"Ayo Gurkhali" old friend.

• Like 8

150px-RGR.jpg

I've received a letter today informing me of the death of a very old friend and comrade, Regimental Havildar-Major Devi Bahadur Gurung, ex-7th.Royal Gurkha Rifles, at the age of 88. We served together for many years, and he was my 'strong right arm' through a number of unpleasant experiences. He and his family travelled 50 miles over mountain roads to greet me whenever I returned to Nepal, (sometimes twice a year) I shall miss that dreadfully.

Johnny Gurkha

In the rattle of the battle

In the fog of fusillade

There's a comrade I'd have beside me

And no better friend was made.

He's a Gurkha from the Mountains

I'd have watch my left and right

And stalwart stand, kukri in hand

A Comrade day and night.

And when the battles over

You forget those bloody miles

And what sticks most is your courtly host

And those gentle Gurkha smiles.

And now I hear them marching

To the door of Number 10

They've come to say, we saved your day

And you throw us away again.

Refused the right to Doctors

Refused the right to stay

They've been our friends, right to the ends

How can we serve 'em this way?

You can thank your Gods, whichever Gods

You choose, why even Kali

They politely ask, don't take you to task

Or shout 'Ayo Gurkhali! '*

In every little skirmish,

In every war that's been

He's been our mate, since early date

In Eighteen Seventeen.

And now it's time to show the world

To lead by some example

To show these friends before it ends

Our gratitude is ample.

(Res John Burman)

"Ayo Gurkhali" old friend.

Hey Eald

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great respect to the Gurkhas. It's shameful the way our government are treating these noble warriors :no:

Hey Eald

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great respect to the Gurkhas. It's shameful the way our government are treating these noble warriors :no:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 2

Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.

R.I.P. Sir.

Sorry for your loss Eald, respect from the North.

• Like 1