Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Respect from the Dawnland too. Ohelemapit has kept me updated on the troubles they've been having after being discharged from service. They have my greatest admiration.

• Like 3

I lost my Uncle this year.He was a Royal Marine who was 'active' on D-Day.He would never tell us,as kids what he did.His funeral went with full military honours.One story he did tell us was that his squad were trying to rec a village up an old country lane somewhere in Northern France.They heard rustling in a hedgerow so they all took secure positions.My Uncle,being the lowest ranked at the time,was given orders to secure the hedge.When he went to secure said hedge,expecting a German Platoon,a huge cow stuck its head out.They had been scuttled by a cow.

• Like 2

I lost my Uncle this year.He was a Royal Marine who was 'active' on D-Day.He would never tell us,as kids what he did.His funeral went with full military honours.One story he did tell us was that his squad were trying to rec a village up an old country lane somewhere in Northern France.They heard rustling in a hedgerow so they all took secure positions.My Uncle,being the lowest ranked at the time,was given orders to secure the hedge.When he went to secure said hedge,expecting a German Platoon,a huge cow stuck its head out.They had been scuttled by a cow.

Great story.. Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

Great story.. Sorry for your loss.

He was an old git and I did not believe his tales until he passed.Old Bugger got up to more than he let on.Im going to look up what he actually got up to..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It was my mother's funeral yesterday. She died peacefully in her sleep after having had the chance to say goodbye to her children. She is now with my father, who passed away on December 14 last year, shortly after they'd celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary.

RIP mum and dad

• Like 2

It was my mother's funeral yesterday. She died peacefully in her sleep after having had the chance to say goodbye to her children. She is now with my father, who passed away on December 14 last year, shortly after they'd celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary.

RIP mum and dad

Sorry to hear about your mum PA . Is it really a year since your dad passed away..... like you say they're together now and may they RIP.

Edited by Star of the Sea

RIP mum and dad

Hope you're holding up ok. *hugs and best wishes*

My sympathies for your loss, PA.

Sorry for the loss of your parents PA...

When we're growing up it seems like they will always be there... then one day we turn around and they are gone...

To George, who left this world nearly two years ago & died dancing with my grandmother Kyoko. You weren't my grandfather by blood, but you were the only grandfather I knew. This year was the first X-mas I spent back home in nearly a decade & was the first one that I didn't receive a card from you with $10 & signed off with 'Love George' (even in the very first one). I'm sorry you never met my kids, but most importantly... I'm sorry I didn't realize how much you meant to me until you were already gone. Maybe if I'm lucky (& I'm wrong in my beliefs), I'll see you again in another time, in another place & I'll get it right that time.

• Like 4

To my grandmother who died of Cancer, I miss you so much. There's still days where I still believe that you're not gone. I'm glad your with my grandfather now, now you both can be together again. If there is a heaven, I believe you two are together in heaven and watching everyone in the family. My mother miss you mom-mom and cries over you still to this day. I'm sorry I didn't see you when you were close to dying.... I just wanted to remember you the way I remembered you has. It broke my heart to see you laying in bed so close to death. :( Hope you can forgive me and understand how I felt. I love you and you'll always be missed.<3

Love always,

Your grand daughter

~Samantha Ann

• Like 3

Here's to Jerry [1951~1970 ] .. my friend & band mate Love ya 'Manus'

• Like 2

424072_10150732711521675_2044152698_n.jpg
  • Like 7

To Vinny.. My Biology teacher in 11th grade.. Who helped introduce me to my friend Jordan..

Your funeral is tomorrow, and although I am happy you are at rest, I am not looking forward to seeing your family..

Edited by Oran
  • Like 2

To my uncle who died yesterday. we stayed with him and went to funfair every summer when i was a kid. I am glad he didnt have to suffer for too long and now is with her lovely wife.

• Like 1

To George, who left this world nearly two years ago & died dancing with my grandmother Kyoko. You weren't my grandfather by blood, but you were the only grandfather I knew. This year was the first X-mas I spent back home in nearly a decade & was the first one that I didn't receive a card from you with $10 & signed off with 'Love George' (even in the very first one). I'm sorry you never met my kids, but most importantly... I'm sorry I didn't realize how much you meant to me until you were already gone. Maybe if I'm lucky (& I'm wrong in my beliefs), I'll see you again in another time, in another place & I'll get it right that time.

That was very moving Dumpster.... I believe you will meet again. RIP George.

• Like 1

That was very moving Dumpster.... I believe you will meet again. RIP George.

Thanks Star. That is much appreciated. I feel for everyone in this thread. Losing loved ones sucks.
  • Like 2

To my cousin Claire who died suddenly age just 30 on 22nd April 2012 while running the London Marathon.

To a little girl I used to babysit for, Princess Sarah who was taken from us on July 1st 2000 age just 8 years.

Both loved and missed so very much.

• Like 1

RIP Carmie :wub: my beloved twin sis.... always in my heart and in the arms of the Lord.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today marks the five year anniversary of my best friend's suicide.

And the six month anniversary of my other best friend's suicide.

Life's fragile. Tell people you love them when you can.

RIP Curtis and Josh. Rest easy, my brothers.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday was one month since my mom passed away. It's hard losing someone so close to you. Especially when not even 2 years ago both of my grandparents passed away....RIP <3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

To my cousin "Pop", its hard to believe its been eight years since you left us. You were the glue that held everyone together and I wish we could have taken one last wagon ride as a family. Gone but never forgotten.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is even allowed but i couldn't help but share.

Dear little Bethany Cobb is a beautiful, bright, young girl from my hometown. She is a 'groupie' to our band and loves music, animals, and Nutella. She played Ukulele and her goal in the latter of her sickness was simply to be able to march in the band this summer/fall. Everyone who knew her loved her beautiful face.

I won't write much or tell a lot about her condition.. I will leave a link to a page where her full story and details can be read. I will only say that she fought the hardest, longest battle and has the most honorable heart of anyone i know.

Bethany Rene Cobb passed away today at 11 years too young of a form of cancer called Metatistic Melanoma (Forgive me for any spelling error here, i'm not very familiar with this form of cancer). We will miss our little doll.. She has a father, mother, and three sisters left behind. My heart is with them all.

https://www.facebook.com/battlewithbethanycobb

You can read about her struggle and see beautiful pictures of her and her family on the FB link above.

Thank you from the depths of my heart for reading.

25065275_SA.jpg

Fly High babygirl, we will love you forever and after.

Edited by BNDGK
  • Like 1