Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Oooh, that really sucks. :(

All the best to her family, friends and you. From the photo you provided you can see the fire in her eyes. She looked like a sparkplug.

Bethany, shine like a diamond. :)

• Like 1

So young.

Too young, too beautiful unfortunately.

Oooh, that really sucks. :(

All the best to her family, friends and you. From the photo you provided you can see the fire in her eyes. She looked like a sparkplug.

Bethany, shine like a diamond. :)

A spark she was. She will be missed. Thank you for your kind words.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Roughly 10 years ago my cousin Jayson Santos passed away from Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia, he was only 14 years old and one of the most vibrant people I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with, though the time spent was far too short.

• 2 weeks later...

To my Great Grandmother (April 1911- July 2014), You will be missed dearly by all who knew you.

• Like 1

My 80 year old cousin Dale Spradlin (1934-2014)... suffered a mild stroke Saturday night, and fell hitting his head... Apparently he recieved a sort of

aneurism (sp?) from the fall... While the doctors were operating to patch up the aneurism, he suffered a much more severe stroke, and went into a vegitative state...

He finally passed away Sunday night... He had a long, and good life, and would not want a lot of grief at his passing... So, I will remember the fun he was to

be around, the jokes and goodness of the man, and not mourn a happy life....

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lost a good friend on Thursday to a major heart attack, only 62 and it happened at work. Made it to the hospital but the damage was too bad...Dave has been my friend since we were 15 and I will miss him very much... RIP old friend....

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

sorry JVG.

My brother in law (wife's sister's husband) gone at 63 from a heart attack. We were friends since 7th grade... before the sisters moved up here.

• Like 1

sorry JVG.

My brother in law (wife's sister's husband) gone at 63 from a heart attack. We were friends since 7th grade... before the sisters moved up here.

Sorry for your loss also and thanks for the kind words.

• 3 weeks later...

As an only child with just Mum & Dad, we've been heartbroken to lose the best friend we ever had, our Benjamin Dog.

He was my best friend, my protector, my greatest ally, my co-conspirator and nobody will ever greet me every day with the love and joy that he did.

Every day he made me laugh. Some things are forever touched with tears and laughter-filled memories.

Like sharing a lamb chop bone. I pull the meat off the bones, Ben gets to eat it.

Like whenever I wanted to treat my Parents to something a bit expensive I knew they would not accept. Ben used to save his weekly paw-kit money, and he'd present it to them by sitting with the notes sitting under his paw.

Like our love of sharing toffees. I chew them until they are really soft, Benjy finishes them off. And I get the best entertainment ever because he pulls such cool faces as he's chewing them up!!

I miss you forever. But it is worth every stab in my heart now and forever, to have had you in my life for those precious years. Every second was a joy I happily pay the price for now by missing you always, would do it all again in a heartbeat xxx

post-78812-0-92121600-1415480898_thumb.j

post-78812-0-73891400-1415481164_thumb.j

• Like 6

sarah snow, I am sorry for your loss and that was a great tribute to Ben...Hold on to those memories...

• Like 4

My father passed away last year. Yesterday we sent his ashes out to sea. He travelled with us on our boat across England and it was time to let him go and travel the world. He was born by the sea and spent many years travelling them, many with the British army.. He was on the Exodus, only 17 at the time.

Strange feeling when we let him go, he was no longer the old frail man of 83 we said goodbye to a year ago, he was now this young man setting off again on his journey into the vast new world, as he had done many years before.

R.I.P George P Michael....1930 - 2013 and enjoy your travels.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

My father passed away last year. Yesterday we sent his ashes out to sea. He travelled with us on our boat across England and it was time to let him go and travel the world. He was born by the sea and spent many years travelling them, many with the British army.. He was on the Exodus, only 17 at the time.

Strange feeling when we let him go, he was no longer the old frail man of 83 we said goodbye to a year ago, he was now this young man setting off again on his journey into the vast new world, as he had done many years before.

R.I.P George P Michael....1930 - 2013 and enjoy your travels.

That was a beautiful tribute to your father. Letting go is so hard to do no mater what age...

• Like 3

That was a beautiful tribute to your father. Letting go is so hard to do no mater what age...

Thankyou. It is hard, but I also see so many have lost the ones they love at young ages, thats Hard with a capital H .I am grateful I had the privilage to know hiim for his full stretch of life...and what a life he had. I hope his next set of travels are as fullfilling.

• Like 3

(To my daughter Amy) On November 17th many years ago you left this world for what I hope is a better place. Gramma and Grampa are now with you. Yours was a life cut short but your Mom will always love you.

My heart is with you....
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Remembering you Carm, my beloved twin sis on your 10th Anniversary. Miss you so much but I know you're in a better place. Love you with all my heart. Xxxx :innocent:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 4

(To my daughter Amy) On November 17th many years ago you left this world for what I hope is a better place. Gramma and Grampa are now with you. Yours was a life cut short but your Mom will always love you.

Sending you hugs Lilly x

• 3 months later...

Remembering my father who died in December last year, aged 95. I've found it difficult to think about him until quite recently. I hope you are truly resting in peace now Dad.

' To live at all is miracle enough.

The doom of nations is another thing.

Here in my hammering blood pulse is my proof.

Let every painter paint and poet sing

And all the sons of music ply their trade;

Machines are weaker than a beetle's wing.

Swung out of sunlight into cosmic shade,

Come what may the imagination's heart

Is constellation high and can't be weighed.

Not greed nor fear can tear our faith apart

Where every heartbeat hammers out the proof

That Life itself is miracle enough.'

by Mervyn Peake 1950

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 4

We lost my wife's cousin today, Danny was only 60 way to young to leave this world...He had severe asthma and he will be missed by family and friends...

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

To my mom who passed away in September. Although we were separated by distance the past few years I will miss our telephone chats discussing any and all subjects. I'm glad I was able to have our last chat while by your side during your final lucid moments and to be there days later when you left us. Rest in Peace.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

15 years ago we lost my uncle Ron. One of the nicest men you could ever want to meet. His loss ripped a hole in me that has never been filled. It also started the worst year of my life. Within 9 months his sister (my mother) and his brother (my uncle Derek) were also gone. Our family devastated.

15 years on I still miss you all every day..

• Like 5