Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

ptah.thumb.jpg.2e69d8090ed68240798a65493

It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of a UM member, Khaemwaset. His son sent me a PM Monday morning to inform me of the passing. Khaemwaset had just posted Thanksgiving morning, so it was pretty sudden. I knew Khaemwaset was experiencing health issues but didn't realize they were so serious. His son describes it as a long illness.

Khaemwaset was primarily active in the Alternative History forum, and particularly in most any thread concerning ancient Egypt. After all, he named himself after one of the sons of one of the greatest pharaohs. I always immediately recognized him by his avatar of the Egyptian god Ptah, and knew I was in for reading a good post. Khaemwaset was very intelligent and well read. I don't know the degree to which other posters might've noticed, but he was also one of our most knowledgeable posters on pharaonic Egypt (my own passion). He was also quick with a joke and had a ready sense of humor. Right up to the end he maintained a positive attitude at UM.

I'll now remember him as the Osiris Khaemwaset. As a fellow Egypt nerd, he would get that.

In the spirit of the ancient Egyptians he so loved, the "offering formula for the dead" (htp di nsw) for him:

A voice offering that Kenemet gives to Osiris, the great god, lord of Abydos and to Anubis who is on his mountain, a thousand of bread, a thousand of beer, a thousand of all sweet things, a thousand of oxen, a thousand of birds, a thousand of all things good and pure upon which the gods live for the ka of Khaemwaset the Justified, True of Voice.

He will be missed.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 7

I didn't get the chance to converse with Khaemwaset,  but I like the fact that with just a few posts he touched so many people. 

A brief reflection on how human we all are.

Thank you Khaemwaset for taking the time to respectfully be a part of this community.

• Like 8

On 11/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, XenoFish said:

I hate this time of year. It's getting close to the time my grandmother passed away. I still miss her.

sad.jpg

It was this time of year that inspired this thread. It's more than just a commercial break. It's the time we reflect and remember the most.

My Mum has been everywhere with me this last week.

Bless her xxx

• Like 7

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

ptah.thumb.jpg.2e69d8090ed68240798a65493

It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of a UM member, Khaemwaset. His son sent me a PM Monday morning to inform me of the passing. Khaemwaset had just posted Thanksgiving morning, so it was pretty sudden. I knew Khaemwaset was experiencing health issues but didn't realize they were so serious. His son describes it as a long illness.

I was so very sorry to read this completely unexpected news.  I had only had a couple of exchanges with Khaemwaset, but appreciated his approach to matters Egyptological.  (I'm still in the throes of trying to deal with a family bereavement of my own, which has brought back memories of other family members who have died, some of them a long while ago.)  I hope Khaemwaset's family will somehow find the strength to deal with their loss.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

On behalf of Khaemwaset's family, we would like to thank the community for brightening up our dad's declining months.  It truly made a difference for him.  Thanks especially to Kmt Sesh.

He was a real gentleman.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, The Wistman said:

On behalf of Khaemwaset's family, we would like to thank the community for brightening up our dad's declining months.  It truly made a difference for him.  Thanks especially to Kmt Sesh.

The community thanks Khaemwaset for enriching us with his presence.

Harte

• Like 6

11 hours ago, The Wistman said:

Thanks for posting, Wistman. I was going to send you a PM to let you know about this thread. I just wanted to give it some time for people to post, and I think you can see how highly regarded your dad was.

He will be missed, truly.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Beautiful, TC, just beautiful. A loving testament to your friend.

Thank you.  I simply spoke from my heart.   

• Like 5

For my daughter Jenny who passed away in 2013. Christmas was a time of year that she loved however ever since I lost her I haven't celebrated it like I used too. No trees, decorations etc. I now have a quiet December. The past two mornings I've been woken by the bedside light turning itself on (LOL! This morning I awoke with the room lit up and thought...How lovely! The sun has risen, I've actually had a sleep in then I turned around and saw the light shining away at around 4:00 am)  so I guess my light is faulty however if there's truly a spirit world then maybe it's Jenny playing a prank...Would be nice to think that she's having a fun time in the after-life...Merry Xmas Jenny and also my son Graham, my parents, my elder brother, my grandparents and all from the past and those still in the present...:innocent: 

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Meridian O said:

...Would be nice to think that she's having a fun time in the after-life...Merry Xmas Jenny

Perhaps Jenny is saying enjoy the festivities ...

~ :yes:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Perhaps Jenny is saying enjoy the festivities ...

~ :yes:

Knowing Jenny she will be…She was quite bossy and would say I was no fun...:D 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Meridian O said:

Knowing Jenny she will be…She was quite bossy and would say I was no fun...:D 

I am glad of this Meridian, because the early morning light speaks to me the same way a small child is up early with the excitement of Christmas. 

Of all the things in life that are truly important, wonder and joy should remain at the top of our list.

My thoughts are honestly with you and yours at this time.

• Like 8

Merry Christmas in heaven, Kristy!!   I know this was your favorite time of year and your smile, your laughter and most of all your beautiful singing is missed by us all.    Missing you.     

• Like 6

My dear cousin I'm missing you more than you'll ever know keep the flag flyin till I get there xxx

• Like 7

Merry Christmas, Mom! We lost you in 2011 but you're in our hearts every day, especially during the holidays. You always made them special and memorable for us.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Meridian O said:

RIP my mother-in law who passed away this Christmas eve. 

Sorry for your loss.   Always difficult to lost someone close, even harder close to a holiday.  

• Like 4

It's improper to mention the dead in my culture but I miss my older sister, her husband and daughter. We always spent Christmas together and I never made it to Meetinghouse cemetery today. .......and I miss my little metal head who was my babysitter and lookout. He was more mature at 12 than I was at 35.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It's improper to mention the dead in my culture but I miss my older sister, her husband and daughter. We always spent Christmas together and I never made it to Meetinghouse cemetery today. .......and I miss my little metal head who was my babysitter and lookout. He was more mature at 12 than I was at 35.

Very nice words. You don't need to mention their names, just keep them in your heart.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Missing one close to my heart today,  wishing I could get one last hug, a smile and to hear her laughter once again.  

• Like 1