Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

I’ll see you on the other side my friend Tom. You were a pleasure to work with, and a true role model for humanity. Even though I was your teacher, in many ways you were my role model as a father. That time you heard my little boy calling for me.

“Daaaaaaddddyyyyyyy”

You turned to me as if it were you who were the mentor, and look me in the eyes with the command of a hero, and  said “Never forget that sound.” Is a moment and a lesson that I will never forget and cherish. The world is less without you. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, joc said:

Mourning the loss of my Father who passed away today. :cry:

I am so sorry to hear of this. I know all to well there are no words. But I am sure I can speak for alot of folks here when I say, we are here for you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My uncle passed away during the week before Thanksgiving. And still thinking about him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

• 2 weeks later...

Remembering my best friend on this day that is forever burned in my memory.  It's the day I heard the news that she was in the hospital and had less than a 3% chance of survival.   Another coworker and I went to see her in the hospital during our lunch break and I knew then that she wasn't coming back to us.   I shed many tears that day and the days afterward, and my heart felt as if it would burst from the pain.  I prayed the hardest I have ever prayed for a miracle, but death does not play favorites and the world became a bit darker that fateful day.   I hold her in my heart in memory until we meet again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Merry Christmas in heaven, my beautiful friend.   It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since you left us, we who loved you still struggle around this time of the year because we miss you so much.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of you today, Kristy-Leigh, on what would have been your 32nd birthday. 

We'll never know why, twelve years ago, you took the decision to leave this world but I hope you found peace.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

• 1 month later...

I love the idea of this thread.. my oldest daughter would be 6 this year if we didn't lose her at a month and 11 days old.. I miss her every day... I love you Adalyn:wub:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

My mother in law made her journey out of this world this morning.   Rest in Peace, mom.   You are now reunited with your twin sister.   Thank you for loving me.   

• Sad 6

Reading this thread reminds me of the song so far away by Avenged Seven Fold. This line says it all:

Sleep tight I'm not afraid (not afraid)
The ones that we love are here with me
Lay away a place for me (place for me)
'Cause as soon as I'm done I'll be on my way
To live eternally

That second line the ones we love are here with me (us). cuts deep.

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost 2 weeks since my mom in law passed away.   Making plans for Easter are hard as she always made Easter baskets for the kids and we celebrated the Saturday before.   Things just don't feel the same.  

• Sad 4

• 4 weeks later...

Missing my best friend.   I had a dream about her this week and was horribly disappointed that I awoke and could not talk to her anymore.   I tried to go back to sleep in the hopes of dreaming of her again, but to no avail.   

• Sad 2

I woke up to a picture creation on my laptop, my eldest son and his family dropped it off as a gift to me. I placed it on the fridge underneath a photo of my two grandsons that was taken a few weeks before Bailey's passing.  My grandson Jordi (pictured on the right in the photo) made it at daycare. Elephants are Bailey's animal theme (he is pictured on the left in the photo).

In the picture creation the elephant looks to be holding a green dandylion, I have a story in this thread a page or so back about how I relate dandylions to Bailey. 

This picture creation will forever stay on my fridge

167674042_fridge(1).thumb.jpg.4f054050587eb83c2674561b6a240efd.jpg

edited to add that the elephants color.. is very similar to Bailey's bedroom paint scheme (grey, white, teal/blue)  and crib bedding

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8

I remember my Grandfather who helped raise me! He served on the battleship USSNC during WW2! He passed away many years ago, but left many memories, he taught me how to cook and survive.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it’s never an odd time to mourn. I want to say my respects to my great grandfather who was the harbour master through ww2 . The great uncle whose name I don’t know who died valiantly in Vimy Ridge. And my grandfather Frederick, who fought in ww2 but went awol to marry my late grandmother. The ship he would have been on sunk later and everyone but him died. People thought of him as a mean old b****** but he died when I was 6 and all I remember is him pushing me on the swing and reading me books. Red Raptor was my favorite.

• Like 4

Also. I don’t want to say her name out of privacy but I was in the hospital mid March and the woman I was next to died 5 days after I was discharged. I remember getting her blankets, holding her hand when she had blood draws and trying to help in any way I could. I hope they all find peace, and I hope she went to a heaven where it’s always warm and full of young attractive phillipino men.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I miss my grandfather on my dad's side.  I wasn't his favourite, far from it but I can't visit anyone on my dad's side of the family now.  He protected me when I visited me.  He lost his temper a little but compared with some, he was an angel.  He hated me walking on grass.  He used to go for walks to stay fit.  When there was exercise routines on tv, he used to do them.  Seal's song ' A kiss from a Rose' is my song to him.  I played it when I found out he had died.  I was hurt because I was never 'up there' in his book, but I think he only hit me once and as I said compared to many he was an angel who lit up my life.  I didn't cry much when he died.  I shocked myself.  I wasn't in a good place (things never really got better) but I prayed for him.  He cried once, I can't remember him crying but the memory of his voice crying is strong if that makes sense.  There aren't many people who haven't hurt me and I know I'm doing the poor me but it's like life or the candle which still shines (I have to remind myself of that sometimes) grew dimmer when he died.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

You were a good man Charlie. You would have hated Facebook for your send off but we did it anyway. You will be missed xx

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

This is not about someone who has passed (I don't believe). This is for someone who used to be on these forums.

ExtemeX - Andrew

We spent many an evening in discussions about everything from spirit to relationships, our families and our lives, finances and friends. We were very close although we never met. Somehow you found my telephone number back in the late 90s and early 00s and we spoke on the phone so much, and via MSN messenger and ICQ back in the day. Your even spoke with my parents.

You and I had a soul connection.

Whatever happened to our commutations? Last time we talked with the latter half of the 00s and you'd just experienced a relationship failure and had asked if I wanted to be your girlfriend (in a half joking way). Things were so crazy for me at that time in my life, and I did not have a lot of time to spend talking with you. I regret this! I had gone through a divorce and was a single mom at that time, struggling for some balance and reality.

I used to live in Canada and you said you lived in Edinburgh. I loved your accent and talking with you for hours.

You always sent me a photo of you that looked like it was from an old drivers license. It didn't really tell me what you looked like. I don't think I'd have minded how you looked, but wish you'd been more open to sharing how you really looked. I didn't keep any secrets but it seems you did. 

I've always been curious what has happened to you. I now live in England with my English husband and have even visited Edinburgh. We walked around the city and near the castle. You said you lived near the castle. I thought of you whilst I was there and wished I could meet you  I think of you often.

It goes to show how much a secretive but lovely person across the planet can affect another in positive ways. That I still think of you makes that very true.

If you are still alive, I pray you'll find this someday and reach out. I will keep the email I use for this site open so if you ever do PM me, I will know.

Andrew, I don't care who you really are, if you're actually who you said you were or not, how you look or whatever you were hiding for so long. I just want to finally meet my long lost online friend who's stayed with me in my thoughts all these years. I live in England now, so we could definitely meet when all this Covid-19 crap is over with.

I hope wherever you are, life has been kind and full of love. If you have departed this world, then I hope you can hear my thoughts of you and know you still hold a special place in my heart.

Missing you!

Nikki

(The Canadian in the UK)

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, drakonwick said:

I remember my Grandfather who helped raise me! He served on the battleship USSNC during WW2! He passed away many years ago, but left many memories, he taught me how to cook and survive.

Your post reminded me of these words from Terry Pratchett:

No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Missing you on Fathers Day,  as I do every day. 

IMG_20200621_131305_609.jpg.28fc6dd2bf46a08c382947e037de0862.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Also missing my father, who passed December the 5th, 2019.  First father's day I haven't been able to at least call.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Tom.

I can't claim to have got to have known you well in the time we worked together, but you always seemed a decent guy.

34 is way too young to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

In my thoughts and prayers are the 550,000+ lives lost in the COVID Pandemic, these were people and lives we lost. Modern medicine and advanced science will prevail to save more lives and prevent any more illness. 

• Sad 2

Goodbye Uncle Steve.   You welcomed me into your family with open arms and insisted I call you "Uncle", even though it was by marriage.   I will miss your sense of humor and yes, your stubbornness.   Now you can rest and you are no longer in pain.   

• Sad 2