Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

My heart is heavy today.   A cousin on my mom's side of the family lost her battle with cancer.  Only 47, left behind a husband and kids still at home.  Rest easy, cousin.  Your pain is gone.   <3

Edited by tcgram
  • Sad 6

• 1 month later...

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tabby!!   To say I miss you is a severe understatement.   My eyes long to see you, my ears to hear your voice and laughter.  I long to talk to you about what's going on in my life.  My heart, my very soul is missing a part of it which cannot be replaced.   I am sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you, I can only hope you knew how much you meant to me as a friend.  I will always love you.  

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Tabby!!   To say I miss you is a severe understatement.   My eyes long to see you, my ears to hear your voice and laughter.  I long to talk to you about what's going on in my life.  My heart, my very soul is missing a part of it which cannot be replaced.   I am sorry I didn't get spend more time with you, I can only hope you knew how much you meant to me as a friend.  I will always love you.  

Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 2

I just want to say to future posters on here, I am very sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Chronus said:

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.   It's been nearly 4 years since she passed.  

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Remembering my mom in law on what would have been her 79th birthday.  It's also our anniversary but it feels bittersweet without her this year.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 2 months later...

My Dad passed one year ago today.

Remembering all the good things!

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

My grandma Nita died on this day (Dec 6th) in 2016, 3 days before her 90th birthday (Dec 9th) have she lived a little longer, all my 4 grandparents are deceased which is expected, but I got to meet them and spend some quality time together when I was a child or as recently in my 20s. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:25 PM, Solipsi Rai said:

My grandma Nita died on this day (Dec 6th) in 2016, 3 days before her 90th birthday (Dec 9th) have she lived a little longer, all my 4 grandparents are deceased which is expected, but I got to meet them and spend some quality time together when I was a child or as recently in my 20s. 

I got the year of her death wrong (2015), but I was tired from working so much in the Thanksgiving/Christmas/Chanukah/CA state lockdown/US second stimulus/world vaccine distribution period (WHEW...a lot of things to draw in crowds to the grocery store I work in). Also in my thoughts was my great-grandma's father who died from the Spanish Flu in 1918 when she was 13 and she managed to live to age 94 in 1999 before the year 2000 came around. My family took the COVID-19 pandemic seriously from our ancestral memory of what the Spanish Flu did to great-grandma's family in rural Nebraska, she has memories of the schoolhouse reopened held outside and she with the class worn masks. 

• Like 1

It's been a long 4 years since you left us. My ears long to hear your voice once more, to hear your laughter. My eyes long to see your smile light up your face. I long to be in your presence again, if only for a moment to let you know how much you meant to me. You are always in my heart and there you will remain until we meet again. I love you. :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Life is but a series of long goodbyes and lately I've grown weary of saying it, so many times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

Thirty years since i lost my Dad and i still miss him so much ..............love you Dad 

Edited by Matt221
urm you choose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Dear Pigger, 

There are some wounds that time simply cannot heal. Another year has come and gone, my heart is still as shattered as it was when you left us, never to be healed and forever scarred.  I played some of your videos a few weeks back so your laughter could echo through the walls, such bittersweet memories that always reduces me to tears. The dogs instantly jumped up and began looking for you, Stuppy looked confused and then sad when you were nowhere to be found, he loved you so much, as we all do. 

With spring comes renewal, rebirth.... new life....you and Jordi will soon be big brothers and I have no doubt that you would have been the best big brother any sister could hope for. That is right, mommy and daddy are having a little girl!! Like you, she will be spoiled with love. 

Some people say that there are no such things as coincidences, others claim that life is nothing but one giant coincidence....no matter which, if any of those....one thing for certain is that life is full of surprises and interesting stories.. here is one for you. 

Most birthday's of mine come and go just like any other day, I am not one to celebrate my own birthday, half the time family remembers the wrong day or forgets all together. This past year, however your Daddy and mom surprised me with a commissioned painting.... of you and your brother, the tears fell. It is the highlight of the living room. Here is the interesting part, your baby sister could quite possibly be born on my birthday. 

I hope you enjoyed the little story.

You are greatly missed, forever loved, and will live on in our hearts... always

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Today (April 29 in my time zone in CA) would been my Mom's 70th bday. I do miss her. I taken 3 days off work for bereavement and I return to work tomorrow. 
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of you, Tabby.   How I wish you were here to give me pep talks and to brighten my life with your presence.   Not a day goes by that I don't think about you.  Although it's been almost 4 1/2 years, the pain is still there,  seeing your boys growing up without you hurts my soul.  I hope that you can hear me and know that I love you.   :wub:

• Sad 1

This week was my Grandmother's birthday, she passed away in 2015 and she would have been 90. 

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Although it's only been a few days, we miss our great pyrenees, Emilie.   She crossed the rainbow bridge on Wednesday afternoon.   She was a big part of our lives for almost 13 years.   :wub:

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...

"Our love doesn't end here, It lives forever, On the wings of time".   (Wings of Time by Toto).   Remembering my best friend.    :wub:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking of my best friend, as I often do.   Had a dream about her today, we were trying to warn her about what was about to happen in less than a month.  

• Sad 2

My grandma passed on November 23rd 4 years ago. Still thinking of her. 

• Sad 6

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 6:34 AM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Thinking of my friend, Kevin Gosden, and his family on the 14th anniversary of the disappearance of his (then 14 year old) son, Andrew. 

Thinking of you again  today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-59952786

• Sad 5

Thinking of you today, Kristy-Leigh, 14 years after you left us and five days after, what would have been, your 34th birthday.

• Sad 2