Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

The sun still rises . . . The sky’s still blue

i still love you.

Birds still call . . . Rain still falls

i still love you.

• Like 6

On 10/6/2023 at 12:30 PM, Vlawde said:

My wife of 15 years passed away unexpectedly a little over a month ago. Aside from being incredibly lonely, the depression and reality of her death keeps getting worse. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Piney said:

My sister died in 2010. It's always been a agony that creeps up and hits out of nowhere. But our current agony is worse. I never felt this level of grief. 

I don't shed tears. But my heart still weeps for you my friend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

I don't shed tears. But my heart still weeps for you my friend.

I'm crying now. It comes in waves..

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I'm crying now. It comes in waves..

Death to me was part of my life, and then I lost my Mum. Up until then, I never cried or mourned, but losing mum opened the floodgates to an emotion I had never experienced; I can cry at a TV program or an advert now. The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. 

I feel your pain Brother, feel your hurt, and your loss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

My sister died in 2010. It's always been a agony that creeps up and hits out of nowhere. But our current agony is worse. I never felt this level of grief. 

I feel your pain my brother, our daughter passed away in October of 2012 and to this day all the pain rushes back during that month. While they say time cures all, that's not an accurate statement when it comes to losing those we love.😞

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...

Seven years ago today I was greeted at work with the terrible news that my sparkly best friend was on a ventilator and would not make it.   My hear shattered into a million pieces that day.   Today I remember you for the beautiful person you were, the kind smile and generous spirit.   I miss you more than words can say.   :wub:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:10 PM, joc said:

The five stages of grief – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. link

They are non-linear, meaning they  don't have to all happen in that particular order and there is no 'time' limit.  I think eventually though we work through whatever we have to, to get to the acceptance part, then we can begin to move forward.  

I haven't gotten the anger..weird for me. Just emptiness and pure grief. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

55 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was just thinking of you this morning, my friend.   Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

They are non-linear, meaning they  don't have to all happen in that particular order and there is no 'time' limit. 

Lots of things can trigger emotions.  Memory, experiences, combinations of both. And attitude. I think anger is also triggered by  It's not fair  thinking.

Your grief is also our grief Piney. 

May your emptiness be lessened through the loving, positive, and caring thoughts of your friends. 💙

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Tomorrow marks 17 months since you left us.   I did not think it possible, but I miss you even more now.   My heart is eternally waiting for you until we meet again...me.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1