Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

15 years ago we lost my uncle Ron. One of the nicest men you could ever want to meet. His loss ripped a hole in me that has never been filled. It also started the worst year of my life. Within 9 months his sister (my mother) and his brother (my uncle Derek) were also gone. Our family devastated.

15 years on I still miss you all every day..

That is a heavy burden to carry all of these years and it just shows the love that you have for your family...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wishing you were still here Solbaby!!!! Missing you more than anything!!!!

I'll never forget you!!!

• Like 1

To the love of my life and my best friend, I'll miss you and keep you in my heart forever.... RIP Blaze Cornett 1/5/16

• Like 2

To the love of my life and my best friend, I'll miss you and keep you in my heart forever.... RIP Blaze Cornett 1/5/16

I'm really sorry for your loss, WolvenHeart7.

I wasn't sure if I should write the epitaph I'm about to write. But the recent news about David Bowie's death compelled me to it.

I had a friend since childhood, named Diego Santos Torres. He is dead now. He died last october. I guess you english speakers would say "he passed away", for being more respectful. But I don't like that expression. My friend didn't pass anywhere. He is dead. Gone. Forever. His body became just a pile of meat as soon as his consciousness (his soul, if you like) extinguished. And now he is just a pile of ash inside an urn in his house, that now belongs to his sister. He was also my neighbor, and I can't get used to not having coffee with him at noon, while he suffered from his daily hangover.

Diego was an intelligent, educated and cultured man. He was also deeply damaged and troubled. He was a good person. And, above all, he was my unconditional friend. We both had difficult childhoods and we've been through really tough times together. We became friends in the early nineties, when I first started to develop an interest in the supernatural and mysterious. By that time he was already into that sort of stuff. And he was a walking encyclopedia on anything paranormal or mythological. Together we deepened more and more into the occult, him focusing especially into the supernatural, both theoretically and practically, while I grew interested in mythology and cryptozoology.

By the time we entered our teen years, in the early 2000's, we got involved with drugs. We started with light stuff, but we gradually got dragged into heavier substances. It was a dark time. We used to drink every day, and we did almost every drug you can think of. Eventually I got out. I quit drugs, except for the ocassional joint and a few bourbons now and then. He didn't. I tried to help him, but he was too damaged. And he got more and more into the supernatural as he became more and more buried in toxics, just as I became cleaner and cleaner and became a skeptic. But he never forgot our friendship. He even procured my girlfriend and I with the appartment we live in right now, just next to his.

By the early 2010's Diego had lost everything. His girlfriend, most of his friends, even his family, due to his deep immersion into drugs and his obsession with the occult. In the last years, he only had a lot of online contacts, his little sister, and me. My girlfriend never liked him. She was afraid he would drag me back into drinking or worst. But I was out for good. I am out for good. I conquered my childhood traumas, and found logical explanations to many "supernatural" events and fears that plagued my youth. I tried to convince Diego to do the same and go to a psychiatrist. I did and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and started taking medication. My life improved greatly. I tried for him to do the same, because I knew deep down that he was ill, same as me. But he refused. He always said no. I know now that Diego didn't wanted to be ok. He didn't wanted to be happy and healthy. He didn't wanted to be normal and have a regular life. The only thing he wanted was his life to mean something, and for him, that meant finding out the "Truth".

I feel like **** right now. I'm not taking it well. I went to the funeral, but afterwards I've barely spoke about him. Sure not to my girlfriend, who hated him, or his family, that I'm sure is relieved with his death. Well, maybe not his sister. She still kept contact with him. She loved him.

After I discovered this site, I introduced him to it. He was a regular on other sites, and he kept a few different iddentities around here. I don't know the names of his acounts, but he changed them often. He was paranoid like that. But I don't think he was very participative here. He always prefered to read and learn than to talk. Also, his opinions differ a lot from the ussual, even around here. I guess you may call him a "nutjob". And he was. An emotionally, mentally, and physically destroyed nutjob. And my oldest friend. I will always remember him as the troubled kid that never mocked me and lend me a hand when I needed one.

Diego loved David Bowie. If there was something that he liked more than the occult, old books, alcohol and drugs, it was Bowie's music. Now Bowie is dead. Diego is dead. And the world keeps spinning. I just can't get used to it.

• Like 7

I wasn't sure if I should write the epitaph I'm about to write. But the recent news about David Bowie's death compelled me to it.

I had a friend since childhood, named Diego Santos Torres. He is dead now. He died last october. I guess you english speakers would say "he passed away", for being more respectful. But I don't like that expression. My friend didn't pass anywhere. He is dead. Gone. Forever. His body became just a pile of meat as soon as his consciousness (his soul, if you like) extinguished. And now he is just a pile of ash inside an urn in his house, that now belongs to his sister. He was also my neighbor, and I can't get used to not having coffee with him at noon, while he suffered from his daily hangover.

Diego was an intelligent, educated and cultured man. He was also deeply damaged and troubled. He was a good person. And, above all, he was my unconditional friend. We both had difficult childhoods and we've been through really tough times together. We became friends in the early nineties, when I first started to develop an interest in the supernatural and mysterious. By that time he was already into that sort of stuff. And he was a walking encyclopedia on anything paranormal or mythological. Together we deepened more and more into the occult, him focusing especially into the supernatural, both theoretically and practically, while I grew interested in mythology and cryptozoology.

By the time we entered our teen years, in the early 2000's, we got involved with drugs. We started with light stuff, but we gradually got dragged into heavier substances. It was a dark time. We used to drink every day, and we did almost every drug you can think of. Eventually I got out. I quit drugs, except for the ocassional joint and a few bourbons now and then. He didn't. I tried to help him, but he was too damaged. And he got more and more into the supernatural as he became more and more buried in toxics, just as I became cleaner and cleaner and became a skeptic. But he never forgot our friendship. He even procured my girlfriend and I with the appartment we live in right now, just next to his.

By the early 2010's Diego had lost everything. His girlfriend, most of his friends, even his family, due to his deep immersion into drugs and his obsession with the occult. In the last years, he only had a lot of online contacts, his little sister, and me. My girlfriend never liked him. She was afraid he would drag me back into drinking or worst. But I was out for good. I am out for good. I conquered my childhood traumas, and found logical explanations to many "supernatural" events and fears that plagued my youth. I tried to convince Diego to do the same and go to a psychiatrist. I did and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and started taking medication. My life improved greatly. I tried for him to do the same, because I knew deep down that he was ill, same as me. But he refused. He always said no. I know now that Diego didn't wanted to be ok. He didn't wanted to be happy and healthy. He didn't wanted to be normal and have a regular life. The only thing he wanted was his life to mean something, and for him, that meant finding out the "Truth".

I feel like **** right now. I'm not taking it well. I went to the funeral, but afterwards I've barely spoke about him. Sure not to my girlfriend, who hated him, or his family, that I'm sure is relieved with his death. Well, maybe not his sister. She still kept contact with him. She loved him.

After I discovered this site, I introduced him to it. He was a regular on other sites, and he kept a few different iddentities around here. I don't know the names of his acounts, but he changed them often. He was paranoid like that. But I don't think he was very participative here. He always prefered to read and learn than to talk. Also, his opinions differ a lot from the ussual, even around here. I guess you may call him a "nutjob". And he was. An emotionally, mentally, and physically destroyed nutjob. And my oldest friend. I will always remember him as the troubled kid that never mocked me and lend me a hand when I needed one.

Diego loved David Bowie. If there was something that he liked more than the occult, old books, alcohol and drugs, it was Bowie's music. Now Bowie is dead. Diego is dead. And the world keeps spinning. I just can't get used to it.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.

I never imagined it would be so tough to lose someone...I hope that it gets easier for us both.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I've lost lots of family over the years, and I hope that all of them rest in peace. If it were not for my paternal grandmother, I would not have been introduced to the unknown at such a young age, nor would I have grown to love it as I do.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's 15 years today since my mum died. Whilst I no longer feel such guilt at not being able to save her there is not a day that passes when I don't think of her.

• Like 3

Remembrance on this U.S. Memorial Day of those who served in the Vietnam war, as I did. Bless them all for their service.

2,709,918 served in uniform in Vietnam

58,148 were killed in Vietnam.

75,000 were severely disabled.

23,214 were 100% disabled.

5,283 lost limbs.

1,081 sustained multiple amputations.

Of those killed, 61% were younger than 21.

11,465 of those killed were younger than 20 years old.

Of those killed, 17,539 were married.

Average age of men killed: 23.1 years.

• 1 month later...

My uncle Romario was a great man! he died in 2012 of brain cancer after being in a coma for almost 3 years. I always think of him and I'll never forget him :) he was my best friend ever and he was also my only biological family member i had left. #RestInPeaceUncleRomario 

P.S. 

when my time is up! you guys better mention/acknowledge me too! :P:) <3 

Edited by Joe_Winko_The_YouTuber
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Love this thread.

My cousin John took his own life when I was 18 (I'm 21 now) and I miss him very much. He had a rough life, and his half brother was very young at the time, so my sister and I were as close to siblings as he had. <3

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My dear mum passed away two days ago on the 25th August after an eight weeks stay in hospital.

We love you mum, and always will.

xxx

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

My dear mum passed away two days ago on the 25th August after an eight weeks stay in hospital.

xxx

condolences ...

~

candle-flame.jpg

~

thoughts are with you ...

~

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

xxx

So sorry to hear this. No one can replace a mum.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

xxx

Still Waters I'm so sorry. Moms are the only people we truly love at first sight and every day after that.

• Like 6

I want to put out a remembrance for my mom and dad, grandfather and grandmother, and all my generations going back 200,000 years or so. Without them I would not have been born. I realize I cannot have known any of these ancient people and none of them had me in mind, but their lives are something to think about. I mean, they're my family, too.

I remember some cartoon character in the old covered wagon days in the old west saying, "I know life is really hard for you, scraping and scratching a living out here, but because of your sweat and hard work some day this country will be civilized and comfortable for people who you will never know...and probably wouldn't like anyway.

It's just interesting to contemplate those who we've loved and passed on and those who we never knew who are responsible for our lives today.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 6:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

I just saw this..I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

• Like 4

On August 27, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

Sorry for your loss Still Waters..Cherish the memories....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 11:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

They are never gone if they live in the hearts of those they leave behind.. Sorry for your loss SW xx 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2016 at 6:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

So sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you.   

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 11:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

I don't know you, but I'm so sorry. I spent September in hospital with mine who was critically ill, but has now recovered. Again, I'm so sorry for what's happened to you. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 5:27 AM, Still Waters said:

xxx

So very sorry SW...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's been 11 years since my dad has died, he was on his early 30s. I miss him every day, sometimes I still cry when I see father-son interaction in real life or movies because I never got to experience that very much, but as my family always used to say, my dad is now the shiniest star I can see at night... looking down to me and watching me live my life, he is still alive for me - in my heart.

Will never be forgotten and will take all the few memories I have of him to my grave.

The sad part is that I will never accept his death, probably.

Edited by Marsquake
  • Like 1

On 15/10/2006 at 10:44 AM, MichaelS said:

To Mae Agnes Elizabeth Stewart, my Mom who passed away after four years of fighting Cervix Cancer. After all these years, I still miss thee. They light shall always shine in the night. RIP- August 1985.

To Rebecca, the first girl in Grade Five who didn't mind hanging out with a slightly geeky boy (me). What would you have accomplished with your smile and your quiet nature if the Fates hadn't cut your Thread of Life? RIP- 1987.

To George, my cat of 15 years. I still wake up some nights thinking I can feel you curled up in the crook of my arm. When I get the desire to have a cat, it's you I miss. RIP- 1999.

To the Soldiers of the Canadian Forces- Past, Present, and Future that pay the Ultimate Price for the freedom we have. Lest We Forget.

This post moved.me

I am sorry for your loss.  may u find.peace.