Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

On 01/02/2007 at 0:53 AM, NME_locus said:

In Loving Memory.... Gramp John Bui... died November 3rd, 2006.....http://obits.courierpress.com/CourierPress/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=19868495

linked-image

Grandpa,

Thanksyou for raising me when my parents sent me away. You were like a father since mine I did not speak to dad. I can easily say that I would be in prison if it were not for you. Thanks for my first fishing trip, trip for my first football game, thanks for treating to the 89 superbowl. Thanks for making me the man I am today, and thank you for talking me out of retaliation against the guy the shot me. You were right, things happen and at least I survived the gunshot wound to the chest.

When Hurrican Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and you went missing from New Orleans, not knowing your whereabouts, my heart went heavy thinking you were dead. For two weeks, I volunteered at numerous evacuees shelters the flooding into Houston, Texas to try to locate you. I thought you were dead, and nothing I could do, because of the closing of New Orleans, Louisiana, I could not drive back and take action to try to search for you. When I did here from you, everything was better knowing my gramps was okay.

Then only a year later, I got more bad news of your health.

In November, when I got news that you were in ICU, I held my faith, thinking you would be okay, and that the simple surgery that was scheduled to be performed on was nothing of great concern. But within a day later, they canceled your surgery because of a discovery of the hole in your heart. Even down to the last day, you were full of life, and the nurse even had to tell you to keep it down because you were watching out Indianapolis Colts win. Then, in a matter of a day or so, the doctor told us that you were not going to make it and going into the hospice. I'm glad that you didn't stay there long, and you left us within a few hours after.

Grandpa, I love you old man and wish you were hear... you are still the only person that I could have depended om to listen to my goods and bads without judging me.

We finally made it to the SuperBowl grampa!

I'll see you when the time comes Gramps.

Tony "enemy locus" T

linked-image

linked-image

Also, RIP to many of my friends that I have lost in the past year...

Alexis D. - Murdered by hurricane evacuees

Teddy R. - murdered

John D. - murdered

Wilmer G. - murdered

Cousin Joe Bui - murdered

Cousin "Tweety" - cancer

Richard Alverez - murdered/homicide

Eddie B - accident

Susan Matthews - Cancer

Rodney H - homicide

"Slim"- homicide

"moskito" - murdered

Luis Z- murdered

Charlie N - murdered

Many more that I can't even remeber all right now... :cry:

I am sorry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of you today Billy Boy. best Grandad my boys ever had. You may not have been biologically their's, but we were Whanau through and through.Te arohanui big man.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It has only been 6 days since you passed, but it feels like a lifetime already.  I keep reaching for my phone, wanting to talk to you and realizing that I cannot.  My heart is broken beyond measure.   

• Like 6

Oh, looking over things here at UM, interesting, .... my warmest thoughts::::: In the past when in a tight spot going over a cliff so to speak(I saved myself)
I was cussing out and screaming out hey! could use a little help here, obviously fell on the deaf. Was probably thinking along the lines of::::::::
Dirty ROTTEN , rotten dirty filthy good for nothing... thanks for nothing.

IF! I could and that's obviously to me a mighty big if after I pass, IF !
I could lend some aide or a helping hand when someone is screaming for help! I wouldn't even think about it.
So if a grizzly is coming into camp and the boys are gone and I'm ate THANKS A LOT GRAMPS
and GRANDMA! HA! just two bits/ponderings ~ : D

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 4

On 27/08/2016 at 0:27 PM, Still Waters said:

My dear mum passed away two days ago on the 25th August after an eight weeks stay in hospital.

We love you mum, and always will.

xxx

Belated but heartfelt,  sorry 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again to my old friends....i have had a very busy 5 years......lost 1 younger sister,and both grandmothers......while bringing up a niece and baby nephew of another sister....so 5 children under 12.......but glad to be back here   : }

• Like 6

Welcome back!   :)

• Like 3

Half of my post got erased....I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and grandmothers.   

• Like 4

It has officially been a month today since I lost one of my best friends.  It feels like it's been a lifetime already.   

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Struggling without you, my friend.    Miss you tremendously.   

• Like 4

Loved ones (even animals) live through our memories and thoughts... May you be comforted in that knowledge.  I am sorry for the sadness that loss brings. 

• Like 7

In 12 days it'll be 5 years since mom passed. Most days are ok then you got those days that hit you like a ton of bricks

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As my 50th birthday nears, I am reminded once again of my best friend, who loved celebrating birthdays.   I miss her terribly and would move heaven and earth just to hear her voice once more.  She is gone, but never will be forgotten. 

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, here's to other meetings, 
   And merry greetings then; 
And here's to those we've drunk with, 
   But never can again.

• Like 7

Happy Easter in heaven, my beautiful, vibrant friend.   You are loved and missed.  <3  

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just when I think I am doing better with your loss, I find myself grieving all over again.   My heart, my very soul has a hole that cannot be filled.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tcgram said:

Just when I think I am doing better with your loss, I find myself grieving all over again.   My heart, my very soul has a hole that cannot be filled.   

I am.sorry TC.. 

• Like 2