Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

This has been a very crappy week...this past Sunday, my cousin, one of my favorite people in the entire universe was in a motorcycle accident and broke his neck.

My grandpa wasn't able to walk me down the isle because he wasnt able to walk that far (plus,we were in the woods and he probably would've tripped.) Good ol' Dave was there to walk me to him so he could give me away. Dave would take me on vacation with the family...he let me move in with him when I was going bat s*** crazy because of my big brother. He took me on my first harley ride...He took me to my first bar..was host to my first (and last) biker kegger...any who, I was just informed that I will not be able to go to his funeral and I'm beside myself. This sucks... royally...

On top of this...tomorrow will be 6 yrs since my grandpa died. This ol' goofy dude was my absolute best friend..funniest person I ever met..ALWAYS singin'..making jokes..right up til the end. From the time I was 3 wks old, him and grandma raised me. I was so blessed to have them..

And for the big f'n cherry on top, today is my birthday and I have done nothing but cry alllll damn day and tomorrow isn't even here yet....

David Bentley-- 4/30/62 ~ 8/13/2017 Alvin Gaffney-- 6/9/22 ~ 8/17/2011

I'm sorry for taking up so much space..feel a teeny bit better tho...:)

• Like 5

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, DanaRae said:

This has been a very crappy week...this past Sunday, my cousin, one of my favorite people in the entire universe was in a motorcycle accident and broke his neck.

My grandpa wasn't able to walk me down the isle because he wasnt able to walk that far (plus,we were in the woods and he probably would've tripped.) Good ol' Dave was there to walk me to him so he could give me away. Dave would take me on vacation with the family...he let me move in with him when I was going bat s*** crazy because of my big brother. He took me on my first harley ride...He took me to my first bar..was host to my first (and last) biker kegger...any who, I was just informed that I will not be able to go to his funeral and I'm beside myself. This sucks... royally...

On top of this...tomorrow will be 6 yrs since my grandpa died. This ol' goofy dude was my absolute best friend..funniest person I ever met..ALWAYS singin'..making jokes..right up til the end. From the time I was 3 wks old, him and grandma raised me. I was so blessed to have them..

And for the big f'n cherry on top, today is my birthday and I have done nothing but cry alllll damn day and tomorrow isn't even here yet....

So sorry for your losses.  

• Like 2

On 17/08/2017 at 4:25 AM, DanaRae said:

Venting helps.  I am sorry all this this snowballed... Happy bday?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Venting helps.  I am sorry all this this snowballed... Happy bday?

Thank you ☺

• 3 weeks later...

Going to visit my best friend's resting place on what would have been her 49th birthday on Sunday.   It's going to be a very emotional day for me.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tcgram said:

Going to visit my best friend's resting place on what would have been her 49th birthday on Sunday.   It's going to be a very emotional day for me.  

Good luck TC

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

Good luck TC

Thank you, I decided that I will go the day after her birthday; I want her family to have their private time tomorrow at her resting place.  

• Like 1

My friend married his fiancee on Saturday, the fiancee's father died last Feb. in the age of 72. He was a social worker for a local org which helps and assists people with developmental disabilities (like me, my friend and fiancee). We remember him and wanted to keep his memory alive, and my friend's father took the bride to the altar. 

• Like 4

We said goodbye to my dear loving grandma (dads mom) today. Sadly she passed at 79 years old, dearly loved and she (until Dementia stole her memory and she forgot loved ones) was the type of person everyone called mom/grandma. You needed a cuppa n chat she was there, needed someone to babysit your child or dogs she was there. We were very blessed that up until her Dementia forced her into a nursing home she was a 30min walk/5min drive away.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Remembering my cousin today.  Although cancer took her body, it did not take her sense of humor.  The last time I saw her she told me to ,"Come here, I want to give you a sweaty hug,"  which I gladly accepted.  :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up on a year

Edited by Smarty Throusers
  • Like 1

Thinking of you, Tabby.   You are missed beyond measure.  

Edited by tcgram

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I hate this time of year. It's getting close to the time my grandmother passed away. I still miss her.

sad.jpg

I sorry..*hugs*

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, XenoFish said:

I hate this time of year. It's getting close to the time my grandmother passed away. I still miss her.

sad.jpg

You are in my thoughts, my friend.  *Hugs*  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming Monday is my father's birthday. It's been 10 years since he passed away. The void still remains. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Wordless Wanderer said:

Coming Monday is my father's birthday. It's been 10 years since he passed away. The void still remains. 

I am so sorry for your loss.  My dad passed 36 yrs ago and I still think of him every day.

• Like 1

It's funny how a text from last Thanksgiving has brought back a flood of memories, heartache and tears.  I had no idea how little time we had, I wish I would have told you one more time how much I love you and how much you were appreciated for being in my life.   

Edited by tcgram

39 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

ptah.thumb.jpg.2e69d8090ed68240798a65493

It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of a UM member, Khaemwaset. His son sent me a PM Monday morning to inform me of the passing. Khaemwaset had just posted Thanksgiving morning, so it was pretty sudden. I knew Khaemwaset was experiencing health issues but didn't realize they were so serious. His son describes it as a long illness.

Khaemwaset was primarily active in the Alternative History forum, and particularly in most any thread concerning ancient Egypt. After all, he named himself after one of the sons of one of the greatest pharaohs. I always immediately recognized him by his avatar of the Egyptian god Ptah, and knew I was in for reading a good post. Khaemwaset was very intelligent and well read. I don't know the degree to which other posters might've noticed, but he was also one of our most knowledgeable posters on pharaonic Egypt (my own passion). He was also quick with a joke and had a ready sense of humor. Right up to the end he maintained a positive attitude at UM.

I'll now remember him as the Osiris Khaemwaset. As a fellow Egypt nerd, he would get that.

Ah, spit. 

• Like 3

On November 10, 2017 at 8:11 PM, XenoFish said:

sad.jpg

I know how hard certain days can be after a loved one dies. We're here if you need a friend.

• Like 4