Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Official Rememberance Thread

Kismit

Thinking about 5 famous people passed on this year: Art Bell, Avicci, Barbara Bush, R. Lee Ermey, and Stephen Hawking. It will be a good card game in heaven: a paranormal radio talk host, a dance record mixer, a former first lady who was a school librarian, an actor who does a good sergeant impression, and a radical physicist plus science professor. There is always room in heaven for the grateful dead. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Once in a while, you meet someone you connect with so easily, who understands you so naturally-it's as if you were friends for all your lives....
Once in a while, you meet someone who radiates love, laughter, and caring, and whose simple presence makes the world a more beautiful place to be.....
Once in a while, you're lucky enough to find a friend who makes a difference in more ways than you ever imagined.....
I am so thankful for having had you in my life.
Miss you. <3
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, tcgram said:
Once in a while, you meet someone you connect with so easily, who understands you so naturally-it's as if you were friends for all your lives....
Once in a while, you meet someone who radiates love, laughter, and caring, and whose simple presence makes the world a more beautiful place to be.....
Once in a while, you're lucky enough to find a friend who makes a difference in more ways than you ever imagined.....
I am so thankful for having had you in my life.
Miss you. <3

Beautiful...xx

Reminded me of a clip from the old TV program "Kung Fu" with Chief Dan George..

Young Caine: Master, what is the best way to meet the loss of a loved one?

Master Kan: By knowing that when we truly love, it is never lost... It is only after death that the depth of the bond is truly felt, and our loved one becomes more a part of us than was possible in live.

Young Caine: Are we only able to feel this toward those whom we have known and loved a long time?

Master Kan: Sometimes a stranger, known to us for moments, can spark our souls to kinship for eternity.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Beautiful...xx

Reminded me of a clip from the old TV program "Kung Fu" with Chief Dan George..

Young Caine: Master, what is the best way to meet the loss of a loved one?

Master Kan: By knowing that when we truly love, it is never lost... It is only after death that the depth of the bond is truly felt, and our loved one becomes more a part of us than was possible in live.

Young Caine: Are we only able to feel this toward those whom we have known and loved a long time?

Master Kan: Sometimes a stranger, known to us for moments, can spark our souls to kinship for eternity.

Well stated.   I lost one of my best friends 16 months ago.   We worked together for almost 14 yrs.   I miss her every day.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Well stated.   I lost one of my best friends 16 months ago.   We worked together for almost 14 yrs.   I miss her every day.   

Most of my friends are dead now, and I get that, it was the business we were in, although some committed suicide, even then it was business related.. I raise a glass on the anniversary of each one of them, I actually shed a tear now  I am getting softer in my old age, "Conflict Mitigation and Human Security"???  Joining the Army, then Private Security, sounded like a good idea at time... We saved many lives but at a cost. I miss them x

• Sad 5

Thinking of you this beautiful day. I remember when we were kids, always outside, playing and having fun.  As adults, we still enjoyed these warm, sunny days.   Talking about where life had taken each of us and what we dreamed for the future.  I am thankful that we got a chance to grow up together and be friends as well as cousins.  It's funny how a sound, or a day can bring back memories in an instant.  I miss you, cuz.   <3   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

For the first time in a long time I miss my mom. Badly

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 05/05/2018 at 12:26 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Most of my friends are dead now, and I get that, it was the business we were in, although some committed suicide, even then it was business related.. I raise a glass on the anniversary of each one of them, I actually shed a tear now  I am getting softer in my old age, "Conflict Mitigation and Human Security"???  Joining the Army, then Private Security, sounded like a good idea at time... We saved many lives but at a cost. I miss them x

Peace to you and their memory

• Like 6

I know people who were close to Adam Parfrey. Really close. Virtually family. Rest in peace, Adam. 

For my mom, Dianne, who passed all too suddenly in June 2011. You may be gone but will never be forgotten. I think about you every day, and am going to light a candle for you in a moment. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

• Like 8

On 5/4/2018 at 6:26 PM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Honorable deaths either way.

Remember our running joke that if we lived past 35, we were blackguards? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Honorable deaths either way.

Remember our running joke that if we lived past 35, we were blackguards? 

Hahaha...absolutely Bro... I never took out a private pension because I never expected to live and draw it, although I did get some really funny life insurance policys for certain contracts lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Dad, even though you are watching down on us, Happy Father's Day, you will always be missed.   Always loved, never forgotten.    

• Like 5

I know we have a pets gallery but Buster was as much family to me as my human family are and therefore I am posting this here... I hope its OK Mods? Five years ago today, I said goodbye to you Buster (Boo) and you left to go to doggy heaven, there isn’t a single day goes by that I don’t think of you, If love could have kept you alive you would have lived forever my friend, we were inseparable and you were never far from my side and I feel your spirit still by me. You would love the pack and your little brother Loki, he can get a bit arsey now and then but he is turning out just great.you would also approve of your little sister Lexi, I feel your spirit in her.. Love you Boo and we miss you, I promise I will be with you in doggy heaven one day Dad, Mum, James, Alex, Loki & Lexi xxx

rsz_005.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Happy Birthday Mum, Its 14 years since the great spirit took you from this world. Love you, miss you and always thinking of you. I will raise a glass to you this afternoon xxx

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. xx

• Like 3

Today marks 18 months.  

18 months of struggling to find my place in this world without you.

18 months of longing to hear your laughter and to feel you put your arm around me and tell me it's going to be okay.

18 months of tears and laughter, as I look back and remember our time together. 

18 months of watching your sons grow into young men and the pain of knowing they are doing so without your guidance.

18 months of dreams of you, only to awake and find out you're not with me.  

18 months that seem like an eternity of missing you.   

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

36889496_2263722346976825_1686593597979230208_n.jpg.043762c7f0dac99c54d759891bab5a48.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Missing you tonight my sweet friend.   How I long to talk to you one more time, to see your smile and hear your laughter.  I miss our conversations about life in general and our families.  You are in my heart always but sometimes I am selfish and want to see you again.  :wub:

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thoughts go out to the family of my friend Bob A. He was one of the first staffers I ever met at the Field Museum and one of the key reasons I signed on as a docent more than fifteen years ago. We became good friends. He'd been battling lung cancer for some years now—had almost beat it once but it came back with a vengeance, and that was it. He entered hospice around a week ago and passed Thursday morning at 2 AM. He was one of our best docents and a friend to all of us. He and I worked on numerous projects together. I will always remember him.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

49 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Thoughts go out to the family of my friend Bob A. He was one of the first staffers I ever met at the Field Museum and one of the key reasons I signed on as a docent more than fifteen years ago. We became good friends. He'd been battling lung cancer for some years now—had almost beat it once but it came back with a vengeance, and that was it. He entered hospice around a week ago and passed Thursday morning at 2 AM. He was one of our best docents and a friend to all of us. He and I worked on numerous projects together. I will always remember him.

Sorry for your loss kmt_sesh, my brother has that horrible disease and we are all fighting it with him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Sorry for your loss kmt_sesh, my brother has that horrible disease and we are all fighting it with him. 

Thanks, Merc. And my thoughts go out to your brother. I sincerely hope he rallies and beats it!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I am sorry to hear of your friend's passing.  My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Sending well wishes for your brother Merc.

Also, my condolences kmt for the loss of your dear friend. 

• Like 3